Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Fiesta ST BOV adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

One of the bolts is not visible from the underside of the car, any tips on how to remove it? I'm having a real tough time removing it as I have big hands and a measly allen key. Anyone got any tips? I did remove the lower intake tube for more clearance.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
One of the bolts is not visible from the underside of the car, any tips on how to remove it? I'm having a real tough time removing it as I have big hands and a measly allen key. Anyone got any tips? I did remove the lower intake tube for more clearance.
Actually if you have 1/4" drive socket set, with a short extension, you can get them through the wheel well.
I found a 5mm hex drive bit in a 1/4 inch socket to work the best.

Dave

Giving these guys a thumbs up on customer service. They didn't have the red adaptor and I didn't answer an e-mail so they called me super fast and gave me the other options they had. I went with blue because I like pretty colors. the moment I get off the phone I go and look at my e-mail to find that they immediately processed the swap and it's already been marked as going out the door. Now I just have to wait for it to get here so I can listen to that beautiful noise.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
Giving these guys a thumbs up on customer service. They didn't have the red adaptor and I didn't answer an e-mail so they called me super fast and gave me the other options they had. I went with blue because I like pretty colors. the moment I get off the phone I go and look at my e-mail to find that they immediately processed the swap and it's already been marked as going out the door. Now I just have to wait for it to get here so I can listen to that beautiful noise.
Customer service is one of our top priorities here! Without you guys, we wouldnt even be here! Thanks again or understanding and glad we were able to get everything sorted out!

Is there anyway to make this adapter not as "loud", would taping up one or two of the holes work?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Is there anyway to make this adapter not as "loud", would taping up one or two of the holes work?
With this adaptor, closing off any of the holes would not be a viable option.
The compressor side of the turbo must exhaust to atmosphere somewhere, either back into the intake pipe and out through the air filter or directly at the BOV.
Closing off any of the holes would stifle the compressor.

Due to our very small turbo it is not very loud anyway.
If you do not bring the engine up to a high RPM the blow off is not that loud.

I live in a gated community and leave for work very early.
I can drive out without being heard.

Now if you are talking about of the sound in the car?
With the windows up and the stereo on, you can't hear it at all.

Dave

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
Natural and Blue anodized in stock and ready to ship! Red & Black should be available sometime next week!

Alright, I got mine in just today. The moment I got home I installed it. It took me less than 30 minutes, but that's because I have small womanly hands that can reach very..."exotic" places in my car.

Got the blue one because I can't stand it looking bland. Even though this piece will never be seen by human eyes ever again. Whatever, point is...It's AWESOMESAUCE! The noise! The glorious noise! I love it so much! I just can't stop giggling now. The moment I revved the car the first time I just started to burst out giggling for a good minute at what I just did.You have brought me to girlish giggles! I love this thing so much!

....sorry, I get excited over ricey parts...Anyway, the piece was very solid, and it fit perfectly. The install was simple, but a pain to screw in because of the position of your hand. I took off the cover of the belt and that helped a little with the install, but man. That piece is a pain in the ass to get to.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #50
Alright, I got mine in just today. The moment I got home I installed it. It took me less than 30 minutes, but that's because I have small womanly hands that can reach very..."exotic" places in my car.

Got the blue one because I can't stand it looking bland. Even though this piece will never be seen by human eyes ever again. Whatever, point is...It's AWESOMESAUCE! The noise! The glorious noise! I love it so much! I just can't stop giggling now. The moment I revved the car the first time I just started to burst out giggling for a good minute at what I just did.You have brought me to girlish giggles! I love this thing so much!

....sorry, I get excited over ricey parts...Anyway, the piece was very solid, and it fit perfectly. The install was simple, but a pain to screw in because of the position of your hand. I took off the cover of the belt and that helped a little with the install, but man. That piece is a pain in the ass to get to.
lolz! Thank you for the feedback sir! Glad you're diggin it!! and Thank you for choosing Boomba!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #51
We have NATURAL ALUMINUM and BLUE ANODIZED in stock and ready to ship! BLACK ANODIZED and RED ANODIZED should be back in stock within the next few days!

For those that already have an adapter installed, post up some videos and sound clips!! Lets hear it!! DISCLAIMER: Boomba Racing is not responsible for any angry neighbors! =P

Was wondering if anyone has one of these paired with a cold air intake? I was wondering if that had any effect on the noise being amplified or something like that.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Was wondering if anyone has one of these paired with a cold air intake? I was wondering if that had any effect on the noise being amplified or something like that.
As I have stated above.
Since the blow off is NOT exhausted back into the intake pipe because it escapes out the side of the adaptor, there will be NO difference in the sound.

Dave

I figured that, however I know from adding an intake people claim you get that "whoosh" noise as well as some of the bypass noise. So I was wondering if you get that dual effect noise or something.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #58
All colors back in stock and ready to ship!!!

For those that already have an adapter installed, post up some videos and sound clips!! Lets hear it!! DISCLAIMER: Boomba Racing is not responsible for any angry neighbors! =P

Picked it up on person on Monday right before they closed. Installed it Tuesday. Install took about 40 minutes. Tight area to work with. Had to rig up a real combination of extensions and wobble sockets. Haha. Pic below, video to follow.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #60
Picked it up on person on Monday right before they closed. Installed it Tuesday. Install took about 40 minutes. Tight area to work with. Had to rig up a real combination of extensions and wobble sockets. Haha. Pic below, video to follow.

Thanks for stoppin by, Mike! Was cool meeting you!