Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

kevinatfms

I'm well aware of the difference. Was just posting the manufacturer's specs.
You stated the Mountune springs were not progressive. In fact they are. Either way, lots of people want the name specific springs to go with the rest of the Mountune or Cobb parts. Its understandable. You pay a little more for their color and the logo.

"As per the manufacturers websites" isn't the same as "As per GreGGo's thinking."
[emoji6]

kevinatfms

"As per the manufacturers websites" isn't the same as "As per GreGGo's thinking."
LOL. Gotcha. GreGGo's thinking is the same as Kevin's logic.

I would hope someone like Steeda would get a set of springs made that were linear rate for the road course guys. They used to do it for the Mustang guys back in the day, shoot, i think they had linear rate springs for the Focus too that were specifically touted as for the road racing springs. 181-190 front and 145-150 rear would be ideal. Stiff but consistent. I guess that is what the coil overs are for....but it would still be nice for those guys who dont need coilovers for occasional track day/HPDE or auto-x use.

KKaWing

Why not the swift springs when they're available? They make most (if not all) of the springs with a tender section then linear normal section. A dual rate spring where the lower rate is compressed when the car is on the ground, leaving you with a linear spring as a result. Or at least that's their goal anyways.

kevinatfms

Woah, reading about the rates on the Swift product has be intrigued. 212 front and 162 rear. Wonder if they are progressive or linear.

Hello all. I have some 500# llinear eibachs for the front of Fiesta. They are trimmed to be ride height compatible with the FRP kit that just lowers the car. I tried them with some developmental Koni sport dampers and found them to be pretty harsh for street use. Ok for autocross if the T/c is off and stability is desensitised.I think maybe a 400# in spring would be better for fronts. I did not persue rear springs of a higher rate because at that time i had enough issues with the t/c and stability controls causing issues as i made changes. I think from what i experienced with linears on the car, it would be unpleasant to harsh on the street and good on track if t/c and stability were "off". I did not get a chance to try them on my 15 Fist , which i just sold to my nephew. But i will give them a go on the 16 FISt i just ordered! I would alsoadd that i am adding Koni sport dampers to my next Fist as well. I think the stock ST coils in concert with the Konis will be perfect for street and autocross use.

Ok, so I'm ready to buy some lowering springs. After reading, I'm down to Mountune, Cobb, and Eibach

They are all designed to work with stock shocks and struts correct? I've also seen varying real world results with the amount of drop you get from each set.

Does it really come down to the brand you want, and lower price? I've seen the Eibach around 80 bucks cheaper than the Cobb/Mountune. Do Cobb's=Eibach's?

I'm really out of my element with the Fiesta, I'm really just looking for something to close out the wheel gap, but not kill the ride quality like the sportlines did on my old Mustang.

I'm ready to take the plunge(see what I did there) also. As far as I'm concerned, the ride quality can only improve. Don't get me wrong, I love the racecar-stiff feel, but the car is well over damped from the factory.

I'm ready to take the plunge(see what I did there) also. As far as I'm concerned, the ride quality can only improve. Don't get me wrong, I love the racecar-stiff feel, but the car is well over damped from the factory.
Well that's true, ride can't get much stiffer.

It seems I lean towards the Mountune one minute, Cobb the next, and Eibach the next. Having found the Eibach for 70-80 bucks cheaper than the Mountunes or Cobbs, I think the decision has been made for me. Just hoping I get the same upgrade I would get with Mountune or Cobb.

kevinatfms

Eibach makes the springs for Cobb and Mountune and I believe the Cobb and Mountune are just rebranded Eibach pro kits.

LT Berzerker

Don't think so different drop on the front end .8 to 1.4" dunno about the backs, though your right they are all made by eibach