Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MBRP 409 Stainless 3" Exhaust Install and Interior Audio Clip

mine was loud at the beginning, it gets quieter over time as it gets worn in. It still has noise at the 3k RPM when WOT

I have had my kit for maybe a thousand miles. I find that it's all about the amount of throttle I give it for the noise. At highway speeds 65-70mph with cruise on its rather quite. I still might add a muffler at the end to quite it down more though.

no-pistons

Today I had a buddy drive my car around so I could hear the exhaust from the outside. I have to admit that this exhaust sounds pure BAD ASS! It really sounds good from outside.

I just wish it wasn't so loud on the inside.

HaveBlue83

After my warranty is gone im just gonna do the downpipe and mbrp all at once. I hope its got the same kind of drone to it that my muffler delete has and the loudness. All the clips sound great so far :)

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #67
After my warranty is gone im just gonna do the downpipe and mbrp all at once. I hope its got the same kind of drone to it that my muffler delete has and the loudness. All the clips sound great so far :)
Keep in mind that the MBRP exhaust flange is not 3". It's only about 1/4" larger than the stock downpipe outlet flange.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #69
It's not the end of the world but it's worth considering if you want ultimate power out of your downpipe mod.

no-pistons

I welded in a small Magnaflow race muffler. It was the largest muffler I could squeeze in without having to rework the bends. Its still loud, but it took some of the edge off.

mag-mbrp1.jpg

mag-mbrp2.jpg

mag-mbrp3.jpg

no-pistons

I don't have a device to properly record sound or video. It sounds the same actually, just a little less loud. Tone or sound didn't really change. Unfortunately the annoying drone is still there, just not as head pounding.

I was thinking about adding something similar to mine. How much did the muffler run you if you don't mind?

Young L

That drone is pretty killer in that 3-4k range. Ive found that if I keep the shifts light its not so bad and cruising speeds so far are tolerable

no-pistons

I was thinking about adding something similar to mine. How much did the muffler run you if you don't mind?
Regular price was $150, but I got it on sale on black Friday for about $112. It was definitely a pricey little thing, but I guess its more heavy duty than their regular street mufflers since its a part of their "race" lineup.

I also considered the Dynomax mini race bullet muffler, but I wasn't sure it would have made enough difference since it has less sound dampening area.

Young L

you know what i just thought of...... how much louder its gonna be with a downpipe upgrade, I might actually have to switch out for something else.