Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MBRP 409 Stainless 3" Exhaust Install and Interior Audio Clip

[MENTION=1094]JPGC[/MENTION] has my old MBRP kit with the 2jr cat less pipe ask him.

Just installed mine, only have like 2 miles on it.. It was touching the crossmember, maybe I'll add some washers?

This exhaust has by far been the biggest junk ive ever installed on a car. Its the xp series. Not only do the tips not sit properly and no one can seem to adjust it right but i have a huge hole upstream of the resonator. The entire weld that was held with the pipe hangar just fell off. Completely broken off. Ive waited too long for my replacement. Now you guys have something to look forward to. If you need pics i have plenty. Manufacturer defect my ass.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #125
Just installed mine, only have like 2 miles on it.. It was touching the crossmember, maybe I'll add some washers?
Did you install on jackstands or on a lift. I've found that while under the confines of jackstands it's harder to perfect the overall fitment of the exhaust which can affect clearance on areas that are tight. Mine never rubbed but I also did my install on a lift and fussed about quite a bit.

When I first had my CP-E 3" downpipe installed there were no gaskets that would fit the 3" DP to 2.25" exhaust flange size. We had to cobble something together and that pushed the exhaust rearward. It then rattled over bumps and when turning right. Drove me insane.

I ended up having CP-E cut off the flange and 2.5" pipe leading into the muffler to replace it with a proper laser-cut 3" flange and piping. Now my exhaust is a full 3" turbo back and there's no rubbing whatsoever.

This exhaust has by far been the biggest junk ive ever installed on a car. Its the xp series. Not only do the tips not sit properly and no one can seem to adjust it right but i have a huge hole upstream of the resonator. The entire weld that was held with the pipe hangar just fell off. Completely broken off. Ive waited too long for my replacement. Now you guys have something to look forward to. If you need pics i have plenty. Manufacturer defect my ass.
It takes some patience getting all the sections rotated in their slip joints so that you get the tips level and at the depth you want.

Now that weld though, that's definitely a manufacturing defect. How long is it taking to get the replacement?

With the small space under a jack and jackstands, I had the same problems. I couldnt get each section rotated to the perfect positions and due to the bad angles I couldn't even get the tips on. Broke down and took it to a muffler shop, they threw it on a lift and had everything right in less than 10 minutes.
Looks good, sounds great, just was a pain to install without a lift. These weld blowouts I keep hearing about worry me though

no-pistons

. Manufacturer defect my ass.
Not sure what this means, but its definitely obvious that its a manufacturing defect. Seems to me too hot a weld and/or no back purging. Not sure what material the XP series is, but it doesn't really matter. A steel/stainless steel tube is not going to be defective in and of itself. With that said, in my experience, MBRP's customer service is TERRIBLE. I'm happy I sold mine and never plan on doing business with them again.

Not sure what this means, but its definitely obvious that its a manufacturing defect. Seems to me too hot a weld and/or no back purging. Not sure what material the XP series is, but it doesn't really matter. A steel/stainless steel tube is not going to be defective in and of itself. With that said, in my experience, MBRP's customer service is TERRIBLE. I'm happy I sold mine and never plan on doing business with them again.
I receieved the new resonator and going to install it again this weekend. Do i need to weld a exhaust hangar to it?

no-pistons

Are you asking me? Did the new resonator section not come with a hanger bar already welded on?

no-pistons

Yeah, I think either way (stock or aftermarket) DP, you want the rear section of the exhaust supported on the hanger not by the DP/turbo/manifold.

Developed a rattle going first and on idle, strange thing is that it only happens sometimes on idle, but always when launching in first. Wasn't doing it when first installed. Where are the common spots for people to have it hit? Is it just that central bracket?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Developed a rattle going first and on idle, strange thing is that it only happens sometimes on idle, but always when launching in first. Wasn't doing it when first installed. Where are the common spots for people to have it hit? Is it just that central bracket?
Yeah. It'll most likely be hitting your mid-brace. This is why myself and Pierce Motorsports developed the mud-brace which gives more clearance, not to mention that it's stronger and provides more bracing. There's an intro thread here on the forums if you're interested and if that is, in fact, where you're rubbing. Otherwise you can try heating/bending your hangars to get it to clear.

Yeah. It'll most likely be hitting your mid-brace. This is why myself and Pierce Motorsports developed the mud-brace which gives more clearance, not to mention that it's stronger and provides more bracing. There's an intro thread here on the forums if you're interested and if that is, in fact, where you're rubbing. Otherwise you can try heating/bending your hangars to get it to clear.
Thank you very much, going to order that, as more then likely thats where the hitting is coming from.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I'm just gonna leave these photos of mbrp's resonator on my car here for you guys.

Let's see how my customer care experience goes.
I already ordered flanges, pipe, a muffler and a new tip to fix my exhaust since I no longer trust their products after reviewing how mine failed.

I'm not saying yours will fail but some of us have had issues with their products

Interesting...I don't think I have ever seen exhaust do that. Mine does rattle against the mid-brace, but I don't want to have risk of protests at the national championship from changing the bracket.