Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Virtual Dyno Results Thread

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Cool so the peak Tq is about the same (and by same I mean same as some have seen with corn gas and a tune) with a wide under the curve gain and HP gets a good kick .. nice work so far

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'm really happy with everything on the stock cooler. But... My new cooler will be here sometime today and I'm planning on installing it Thursday with lots of pics and comparisons.

Also. This is just a tool, its pretty obvious that this V-dyno stuff is just a tool and every tool has its place. But the fact I made 218whp on a REAL dyno jet, and 235whp on a fake one, says a lot I think.

I also didn't get super scientific with my inputs. I guessed at the gear ratio ( I put 3.90, but I see I was off a little ), and I prob guessed 50lbs too heavy on my car weight, but I don't know, I have an entire spare turbo setup in my car, but to me, its more about the shape of the power curve and its lots pretty smooth an consistent to me, until the throttle closed on me a bit up top (which backs my timing down by lifting my TIP number ). I adjusted the load table a tiny bit to fix that, but its all pretty pointless since the cooler will go on in 4 days ( I hope ).

razorlab

1000 Post Club
If you use it correctly and put in real data, real settings, and use the same flat road, vdyno is very very very very close to real dynos, it's been proven 100's of times on other forums. It's not even arguable at this point.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
If you use it correctly and put in real data, real settings, and use the same flat road, vdyno is very very very very close to real dynos, it's been proven 100's of times on other forums. It's not even arguable at this point.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Then Its right... The road I used was flat, no wind, no rain,
No snow, tires calculated. I'll change the weight and gear ratio after I weigh the car in a few minutes.

Actually... Now that I think about it... Maybe the actual real life dyno jet dyno I used was wrong and my V-dyno is right...

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Then Its right... The road I used was flat, no wind, no rain,
No snow, tires calculated. I'll change the weight and gear ratio after I weigh the car in a few minutes.

Actually... Now that I think about it... Maybe the actual real life dyno jet dyno I used was wrong and my V-dyno is right...
Why do you not use the gear ratios that the car comes with? They are all listed in the manual. Also I have used 5 diff dynos in my area all the same car and seen 30hp diff at our power level. There a tool for back to back comparison not to be used to compare to each other.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
My car with the same turbo mod is still making 22.5 PSI at 6800 RPM and pulling very well so expect that when you get the tune sorted out:)

Now that the 91 tune is 99% done I will figure out how to use Vdyno and see what comes up:)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Why do you not use the gear ratios that the car comes with? They are all listed in the manual. Also I have used 5 diff dynos in my area all the same car and seen 30hp diff at our power level. There a tool for back to back comparison not to be used to compare to each other.

I made a total guess at the gear ratios. I didn't read through this thread. I took the log on my way to work and uploaded it and read it on my 15min break :)

But I COMPLETELY agree that this is a poor tool for numbers, its a great tool for comparison against yourself in your car on the same road.

Its a really neat tool. Its not a dyno anymore than a g-tech is a drag strip that plugs into your cig lighter. Does that mean you can't judge any improvement with a g-tech? No... Just means its not a drag strip.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
It's simple math based on distance, time, and rpm, and if your inputs are correct and your logs are done properly it will be correct. I'm pretty sure everyone understand that it's not an 'actual' dyno. Just like drag said, all dynamometers' readings will be different to some degree. It works really well for testing and evaluating changes as they occur, but only if the user is competent and uses the software properly.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
VD setup help.
I have been sent VD results from the tuner with what we are logging but when I try to load my files to VD on my system there is an error.
Error 101, not all needed......Time, RPM, Throttle position is all it says.

I have Time, ETC angle(which is the throttle position) and RPM as well as AF, boost, etc.....

Any idea on what I need to do?

Rick

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thanks, when I looked at the AP log choices I zipped right past the accel one, duh, pretty easy stuff, my bad:)

Unfortunately I have Torco in the fuel tank now for the 102 octane tuning and a full tank to burn off before I can go back to 91 and that tune to log it.

I wish I could do this right now, sorry:(

razorlab

1000 Post Club
It is very much a tool for before/after. Much like a real dyno. Numbers aren't really anything without the ability to show the delta.

I always try and show stock vs the different levels of modifications to give you true data. Always make sure you use the same road in the same direction for all logs to keep them consistent.

A good example of using it as a great tool to show gains is my current Evo, you can see a ton of data in the deltas here.

Stock vs. now:

Stock intake vs. bolting on aftermarket intake vs. tuning for aftermarket intake

Stock vs. base tune vs. more tuning, parts vs. E85

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Very cool, I wish I had a stock log but I had the car all apart at 293 miles and 7 months later back on the road with most all the mods done.

VD sent to me by the tuner, 4 different runs as he was bringing up the boost, working on timing, etc....before he started working on the bottom end and there is more torque for sure.

Actual tire diameter is 24.3 and weight around 2750-2800lbs, the best run was where I had to let off due to coming up to traffic or could not tell what a car coming at me was. There have been several revisions to the tune since this.

Temp was around 70 degrees, altitude 5200 ft, not sure if he entered that data so this could be way off but showing he was able to do this without logging the pedal position.....

At least you can see it has a nice wide power band and that it does pull well at high RPM.

What is the safe rev point/boost ratio considered on this engine?

DHM1

1000 Post Club
It's simple math based on distance, time, and rpm, and if your inputs are correct and your logs are done properly it will be correct. I'm pretty sure everyone understand that it's not an 'actual' dyno. Just like drag said, all dynamometers' readings will be different to some degree. It works really well for testing and evaluating changes as they occur, but only if the user is competent and uses the software properly.
all this shit is math and math dont lie. lol i just wish bank accounting did sometimes.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
It is very much a tool for before/after. Much like a real dyno. Numbers aren't really anything without the ability to show the delta.

I always try and show stock vs the different levels of modifications to give you true data. Always make sure you use the same road in the same direction for all logs to keep them consistent.

A good example of using it as a great tool to show gains is my current Evo, you can see a ton of data in the deltas here.

Stock vs. now:

Stock intake vs. bolting on aftermarket intake vs. tuning for aftermarket intake

Stock vs. base tune vs. more tuning, parts vs. E85

Very nice!

Here is a EvoX MR i did

93oct
Dead Hook Motorsports built bottom end
Map ef2.5 turbo
Full bolt ones too.

(i like evo's lol)

Back to VD though. I will have a customer bring a car back to me for a tune up before a new season and i will give her a check up then do a pull and the graph will damn near lay over what it was the year before. Math is Math you Its up to the user to utilize it.