Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

I was driving my car pretty hard and tried to Tokyo drift around a corner and smashed into the curb pretty hard. I forget I'm on crappy all seasons for winters right now. My tie rod got bent and my wheels got curbed up pretty badly. Luckily no body damage. I replaced the tie rod and I need to go get an alignment now.

Attachments

I was driving my car pretty hard and tried to Tokyo drift around a corner and smashed into the curb pretty hard. I forget I'm on crappy all seasons for winters right now. My tie rod got bent and my wheels got curbed up pretty badly. Luckily no body damage. I replaced the tie rod and I need to go get an alignment now.
If you see me, then you mean it, then you know you have to go, Fast & Furiouuuusssssssss!!!!

Sam4

Got word from my mechanic that my Fiesta is ready to pick up!
Had him:
  • Install Quaife LSD
  • Replace Clutch, clutch slave, and Flywheel w/ OEM
  • New OEM Axles/seals
  • New OEM lower control arms w/ ball joints (joints toast at 90k) and custom alignment
He also took care of door latch recall and blend door actuator while he was at it. Can't wait for the weekend!
F*** me. I tried to do the control arms in the driveway and failure has won. Looks like the inner CV joint ass-ploded. Has your tech finished the work? Any discussion points on the axle?

Erick_V

Over the past couple days I installed Centric rotors, OEM pads, bled the fluid, rotated my tires and cleaned her up in preparation for Autocross today. Got 1st in tire class and realized how big our cars are compared to 90's cars. Car is an Autozam AZ-1 for those that don't know, super rad. I really need to pull the trigger on some tires soon. I'm at 3/32nds on my RS-Pro's

IMG_1990.jpg IMG_1988.jpg

Remi

I really like those AZ-1s. A few months ago, I considered picking one up, I didn't realize how tiny they are! Makes our FiSTs seem like SUVs.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Over the past couple days I installed Centric rotors, OEM pads, bled the fluid, rotated my tires and cleaned her up in preparation for Autocross today. Got 1st in tire class and realized how big our cars are compared to 90's cars. Car is an Autozam AZ-1 for those that don't know, super rad. I really need to pull the trigger on some tires soon. I'm at 3/32nds on my RS-Pro's

View attachment 35948 View attachment 35949
Is that thing street registered and legal??

Yeah, I always laugh when people claim that our cars are sooo 'tiny'.

Maybe, as compared to the 'usual' road tank SUVs and trucks on the streets today, but that above is what I would call a micro-car, as is a Smart car, and a few others. [wink]

Erick_V

Is that thing street registered and legal??

Yeah, I always laugh when people claim that our cars are sooo 'tiny'.

Maybe, as compared to the 'usual' road tank SUVs and trucks on the streets today, but that above is what I would call a micro-car, as is a Smart car, and a few others. [wink]
Yep! Street legal, registered, RHD from Japland. Would love a Kei car like the Autozam, Cappuccino or even the Suzuki Carry's just to put around town. I wouldn't have enough guts to put in on Texas highways lol

DangerMouse

Installed the Woosh Trac bar finally. Gouged it on my driveway first time backing out. View attachment 35959
Looks good in red! I just took my whoosh bar off yesterday. One year on the car and it completely rusted. Idk if because it's so low or poor paint / powder coat. I'm going with tb performance 4 point.

Attachments

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Looks good in red! I just took my whoosh bar off yesterday. One year on the car and it completely rusted. Idk if because it's so low or poor paint / powder coat. I'm going with tb performance 4 point.
That is terrible how is the rest of your car when it comes to rust?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

DangerMouse

That is terrible how is the rest of your car when it comes to rust?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Car is fine, not bad at all. I have a whiteline rear sway bar that's been on for a couple years and still looks new. The whoosh sticker looks cool though with the rust, it has become art.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
that appears to be the lowest cost option of "matte black paint" which we no longer offer. It's a light coating of black spray paint applied at the factory. Most customers were opting for the $80 bar with no powder coating instead of paying the upcharge for powder coating which is much more durable than spray paint.
The only available options currently are powder coated gloss red, wrinkle black, and cosmic white

DangerMouse

that appears to be the lowest cost option of "matte black paint" which we no longer offer. It's a light coating of black spray paint applied at the factory. Most customers were opting for the $80 bar with no powder coating instead of paying the upcharge for powder coating which is much more durable than spray paint.
The only available options currently are powder coated gloss red, wrinkle black, and cosmic white
I had to check my email from when i purchased and you are correct, it was matte black paint. Somehow i missed that at the time of purchase, i assumed it was powder coated. Glad it isn’t an option anymore. It doesn’t last lol.

Sam4

I shoulda voted for Ron to be president. He never lies and he's always right.

Not even galvanized steel, and not even any primer from the looks of it. I wonder if my tbperformance bar will be like that after 1 year. I hope not. It's still salvageable though; you could grind it down with a grinder 80-120 grit disc, then wire wheel off all the rust pits remaining, spray a rust conversion coating on it and let it sit time depending on the manufacturer of coating, and then scuff up the coating with a red scotch brite, then refinish. I'd spray it with a self etch primer, or a zinc phosphate primer, then a rubberized undercoating such as this one: https://www.dominionsureseal.com/product/gravel-guard-1-oem-approved-rocker-panel-coating-svg124/

Last edited:

DangerMouse

Not even galvanized steel, and not even any primer from the looks of it. I wonder if my tbperformance products will be like that after 1 year. I hope not. It's still salvageable though; you could grind it down with a grinder 80-120 grit disc, then wire wheel off all the rust pits remaining, spray a rust conversio
The Tb performance parts are very nicely powder coated, you don’t have to worry. I have their front crash bar and thats why I’m going with their 4 point brace. I like things to match as much as possible. For me it isn’t worth the effort to restore it. I think it looks cool and it will go on the wall with the other collection of stuff from over the years. I could have it blasted and powder coated for cheap by a guy near me but I’m hoping the Tb 4 point will give me a little more ground clearance. I’m only on swift springs, i would scrape this bar occasionally and if there is anything in the road you are hitting it.