Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Haven’t done anything but constantly going back and forth on putting my winter wheels on this weekend. Always a depressing time knowing fun time is mostly over with the car for another few months. Also the shame of knowing my Mountune rad, Whoosh V3 FMIC, and Milltek DP never managed to get installed all summer. At least I have awesome winter wheels now.🙂
I loved this time of year when I lived in Colorado in my later teens-early 20s.....time to strap on the winter tires and rally around in the snow when no one else is on the road. Yeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! Just different conditions to play in.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Changed the engine air filter and cabin air filter. The cabin air filter was much dirtier than the engine air filter. How does that work? Both had 20,000 miles. The cabin air filter was much harder to access. How do other people turn the top 3 screws? I resorted to using just the Torx 24 bit and a 1/4" wrench because nothing else would fit in the space.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ran a can of CRC GDI intake valve cleaner through the system. Before this I put a bottle of Red line fuel system cleaner in, and put over 200 miles on it before using the CRC product.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
The SI-1 has the highest PEA content of all of the liquid in tank cleaners (supposedly even more than the much touted stronger of the two Techron products), even though it does not state such on the label, like the CRC spray does. [wink] [thumb]

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Ran a can of CRC GDI intake valve cleaner through the system. Before this I put a bottle of Red line fuel system cleaner in, and put over 200 miles on it before using the CRC product.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
That SI cleaner was the only thing that alleviated Black Death on the Mazdaspeed 3. Black Death was black sludge that would gum up the HPFP from running too high an ethanol concentration. Running it through the tank periodically helped, but some guys would open up the HPFP and inject it directly into the pump.

I ran E30 all the time so I ran that stuff through the tank every few months.

I got my lights in! Diode Dynamics yellow led fogs, spec d tails and euro projectors. Found everything I needed here (ordering, pinning, installing--note: fogs are easy to access from the top with headlights out). Just waiting on the sequential mirror indicators to wrap up my little lighting makeover.

Sam4

That SI cleaner was the only thing that alleviated Black Death on the Mazdaspeed 3. Black Death was black sludge that would gum up the HPFP from running too high an ethanol concentration. Running it through the tank periodically helped, but some guys would open up the HPFP and inject it directly into the pump.

I ran E30 all the time so I ran that stuff through the tank every few months.
i killed my mazdaspeed3....i feel like tommy boy.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
i killed my mazdaspeed3....i feel like tommy boy.
I miss the fun I had in it, and I learned a lot of about cars because of it. Direct injection/turbo motors have come a long way in reliability since then. Remember EGR deletes? Throttle body coolant bypass? Pivot shaft seal leak? Exploding oil dipstick? Smoking turbo? Changing spark plugs with a top mounted intercooler? I don't miss that shit. I do miss embarrassing just about anything on the road.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I installed a turbo and a radiator today. :) (Hybrid turbo)
I keep going back and forth between the whoosh and S280. I got the roads down here to stretch the legs on the S280, but the practical side of me thinks the whoosh would be about as fun for cheaper and an easier install.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I miss the fun I had in it, and I learned a lot of about cars because of it. Direct injection/turbo motors have come a long way in reliability since then. Remember EGR deletes? Throttle body coolant bypass? Pivot shaft seal leak? Exploding oil dipstick? Smoking turbo? Changing spark plugs with a top mounted intercooler? I don't miss that shit. I do miss embarrassing just about anything on the road.
HA! We even did the throttle body coolant bypass thing in the 4th gen f-body/y-body LSx world. [wink]

BTW; IF the Speed 3s were AWD, I would have owned one as well.
That would have been like a 323GTX on massive steroid doses along with HGH for good measure.