Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Magnetic

Wow the oem Bridgestones have such sharper turn in than my dunlop direzza zIII.
Granted the zIII traction is much stronger but the turns at least at lower speeds feel so much better with the Bridgestones on. They are fairly worn too.
They turn in better than the Azenis 660’s as well. I really wish they still sold the OEM tires. Tire Rack used to have them.
I would totally buy them.

Fitted my hawk performance front pads and lowered front ride height a bit more yesterday.. Still needs to go a little bit lower.. Not really sure how to set the sway bar links correctly but the body roll seemed ok when I took it for a tarmac bash up the twisties yesterday after a few more adjustments of shock softness and spring stiffness.. Feels pretty good actually.. New pads give a lot better braking over the Ford shit.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Those are not a cheap date. Let us know how it goes. Especially interested in whether there's any rubbing (or have you had your fenders rolled?)
No rubbing after a day of beating up on them. And I beat my PB and met my goal at the track, so I'm quite pleased with them. I don't know how much it's down to the tire vs the size, but I feel like it really has better turn in over the 205 Re71r

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

I've put the winter shoes on today, which are quieter than my summer shoes, oddly enough... and then noticed a whine. It's not as pronounced as on some of the videos folks were posting, but sounds like could be one of the transmission shaft bearings. Previously was slightly whining in 5th and 6th, now can be heard in 2nd and 3rd, a bit on deceleration as well. Unclear if it's input or output shaft, but I think it goes away if I coast with clutch depressed. I almost wish it would just put me out of my misery and started droning like hell right away :cautious: Car is at 60k miles.

Last edited:
Remounted my Re71r for daily use, and got my wheel weights mounted differently. Tried to install the Wilwood 6 piston big brake kit and found out they barely don't fit under my Sparco Assetto Gara 16x7 wheels, the wheel weights were hitting on the caliper. Instead of flush on the flat part of the wheel, the weights are now a bit more inboard and angled, really hoping that allows me the clearance I need. Also gonna have to do some research/take measurements to ensure that whatever track wheels I end up getting can fit over these brakes. @ron@whoosh any idea if the Wilwood brakes fit under the VMS Superhawk wheels? Previous owner of the brakes said he had clearance issues on 16x8 RPF1s but no issues on 16x7 Motegis

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

New brake pads today. I won't make it to many track days until Spring, so I'm going with a less aggressive pad. The Mountune track pads work very well on-track, but they are driving me nuts on the road

I also bought, and ran, an Ozone Generator in it last week. Works very well. Leaves it odorless, in an odd sort of way.

In a completely separate vein, I had a Numeric Shifter and Shifter cables installed in my GT4. Unbelievable difference.

Adjusted and feels ok.. still a bit rough in the front.. roll in corners I think feel not too bad compared to before with fkd front shocks and 110,000km old sway bar end links.. had massive body roll...

I'm not really comfortable paying someone $150 an hour to give me an end result that still might not be what I want.......... [emoji1745]

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

ronmcdon

this week did 3 day non-competitive driving event at Sonoma Raceway.
Hint if you ever decide to travel there, DO NOT stay in Vallejo and get stuck on traffic on the 37 hwy that is bumper to bumper at 6am. Instead stay in Marin.
Also got to enjoy some of the fall colors in Napa Vallée (sadly don't find in Southern CA). Last photo in Healdsburg, CA.

https://searspointracing.com/programs-experiences/performance-driving-courses/

Attachments

this week did 3 day non-competitive driving event at Sonoma Raceway.
Hint if you ever decide to travel there, DO NOT stay in Vallejo and get stuck on traffic on the 37 hwy that is bumper to bumper at 6am. Instead stay in Marin.
Also got to enjoy some of the fall colors in Napa Vallée (sadly don't find in Southern CA). Last photo in Healdsburg, CA.

https://searspointracing.com/programs-experiences/performance-driving-courses/
Yeah Petaluma is the place to stay near Sears.

Sam4

I've been chasing squeaks and clunks (duh), and swapped out the poly rear top spring mounts back for OE. Lot's of quieter, but my main thump is still there. No shit - like the buckboard's comin' off the frame (a little hyperbole..). Shock mounts are tight, no play in the B6's. Bottom 'seat' is a piece of sheer plastic - talking microns here - but present. The metallic clunk presents itself over pavement defects, sharp movements. I can 'highway speeds' quietly or 'backroad jumps' comfortably, but a bad expansion joint??

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I've been chasing squeaks and clunks (duh), and swapped out the poly rear top spring mounts back for OE. Lot's of quieter, but my main thump is still there. No shit - like the buckboard's comin' off the frame (a little hyperbole..). Shock mounts are tight, no play in the B6's. Bottom 'seat' is a piece of sheer plastic - talking microns here - but present. The metallic clunk presents itself over pavement defects, sharp movements. I can 'highway speeds' quietly or 'backroad jumps' comfortably, but a bad expansion joint??
Any chance your spare is loose? I know it seems silly but on my focus, I had the spare/jack put in wrong and had clunks.

Outside of that, rear trailing arm bushings?

Sam4

Any chance your spare is loose? I know it seems silly but on my focus, I had the spare/jack put in wrong and had clunks.

Outside of that, rear trailing arm bushings?
Both are probable, but the tire is secured. I also wondered about the 'bushes' as ford calls them. Did a wd40 hose down as a test, but the noise remains. Tough to determine while driving!! It sounds like its inside like a seat latch, and also why i made sure the shock mounts were tight.
Thanks though!!