Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Was the reservoir actually cracked and leaking anywhere (or do they just replace it as a matter of course/precaution during the recall)?
I believe the new tank is purposely redesigned to hold more coolant and thus negate a slow coolant loss and potentially a cracked head should the car seriously overheat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Installed the new evap canister because this happened almost a year ago and I finally got pissed off enough at the CEL to do something about it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
I am wanting to make a kayak trailer. It won’t be heavy. Trailer will probably be around 300lbs, two yaks, 150 combined and add another 150 for gear.
You'll be happy to know, the st tows just fine.

Jerickson88

You'll be happy to know, the st tows just fine.

Nice! I am considering a Seadoo Spark next summer.. this helps the decision. The Tahoe we have has 305k on it and gets 13mpg. I’m curious to know what the FiST would get towing a Ski or atv

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Nice! I am considering a Seadoo Spark next summer.. this helps the decision. The Tahoe we have has 305k on it and gets 13mpg. I’m curious to know what the FiST would get towing a Ski or atv
I avgd around 27 towing this. Trailer weighs 350-400 bike weighs 450.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Installed the new evap canister because this happened almost a year ago and I finally got pissed off enough at the CEL to do something about it.

Did an impact with something cause that, or did it just heat warp and come apart? [dunno]

IF the former, it makes me glad that I invested in the No Pistons bash guard for that part.

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Did an impact with something cause that, or did it just heat warp and come apart? [dunno]

IF the former, it makes me glad that I invested in the No Pistons bash guard for that part.
No idea as it happened like the month after I got the car brand new.

Business6

Here's the new reservoir

Actually, looking at it again, I'm really glad this was done because the original reservoir looked like it wanted to fail super hard. I'm sure this one will eventually end up the same with all that heat in the engine bay but at least it is new.

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Today I broke 13,000 miles, and finally got a READY on the EVAP momiter, after replacing the canister, IM PUMPED.

But other than that, I ordered some whoosh shifter cable and brackets bushings, a maxton rear spoiler extension, some lamix for the rear reflectors, and a 180° thermostat.

brbauer2

Just did my 8th oil change - just over 33k now.

Have my 5th (Mobile 5w30 full synthetic) and 7th (Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w20 full synthetic) oil samples to send in.

Got a couple teaspoons of stuff out of the OCC.

Was going to do the transmission fluid this weekend as well, but Amazon no longer has the Ravenol 75w80 MTF2 in stock.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Here's the new reservoir

Actually, looking at it again, I'm really glad this was done because the original reservoir looked like it wanted to fail super hard. I'm sure this one will eventually end up the same with all that heat in the engine bay but at least it is new.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum...st-overheating?p=314716&viewfull=1#post314716

Interesting. The three hoses appear to be in notably different levels, as compared with the original tank.

https://mishimoto.com/engineering/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/blog-post-3.jpg

Any idea why or what impact this was intended to have?