Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

OK, not today but a few days ago installed step colder plugs at 12.5k miles... Doesn't seem to make much difference with e30 tune but I also didn't reset KAM data either, but hot starts definitely take longer to fire over.
I've notice the longer starts also switching to the NGK 6510. When I bought them from O'Reilly they were at 0.035in. I gapped them down to 0.028in. Did you buy yours pre-gapped?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Went to a single matte black Milltek tip. It has no drone now! Amazing what just a tip will do to sound.

Is your bumper a different shade or am tripping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yep eBay special. Shipped within a week coming from China. Will get some logs later and see if it does the job. I'm on Dizzy E30 tune right now so hopefully I can feel the difference.
So, so far so good? Welds and overall quality seems good? I know that was posted elsewhere and was considering that one too...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I've notice the longer starts also switching to the NGK 6510. When I bought them from O'Reilly they were at 0.035in. I gapped them down to 0.028in. Did you buy yours pre-gapped?
I got them from [MENTION=9002]anticon[/MENTION], who gapped them himself to .028, I have no problem with hot starts taking longer, I just wish I could feel even a tiny bit of difference on acceleration, but at least it looks like my knock count is down anyway...

So, so far so good? Welds and overall quality seems good? I know that was posted elsewhere and was considering that one too...
Yeah so far it's good. The weld and quality looks good. Did some pulls this morning and only saw a 17° F increase on hard acceleration but once I let off it cooled back down to ambient temp pretty quick. Better than seeing a 35°F increase on the stock one and took forever to cool back down.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah so far it's good. The weld and quality looks good. Did some pulls this morning and only saw a 17° F increase on hard acceleration but once I let off it cooled back down to ambient temp pretty quick. Better than seeing a 35°F increase on the stock one and took forever to cool back down.
Good to hear! I may grab one when they have the 15% off any one order on eBay thing, I knew that one looked pretty decent but was still a little concerned with quality and am happy to hear that one is actually good.

anticon

I picked up a used CFM Performance Valve Cover Breather for cheap and threw it on after reading the two threads on the forum. I wasn't planning on getting one but I couldn't pass up the price, and with my Dizzy stage 2 tune pushing 27 psi, it might be beneficial. It pairs up nicely with the Damond OCC with VTA for some underhood bling.

Business6

Decided to get a dyno!

3rd gear is the lower one, 4th gear the higher one

I reverted back to the stock intake hose and filter. Should be interesting when I go back in a few months!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Decided to get a dyno!

3rd gear is the lower one, 4th gear the higher one

I reverted back to the stock intake hose and filter. Should be interesting when I go back in a few months!
I was thinking "huh, didn't realize some stock FiST's dyno as low as 160 whp, must be the dyno"... but then also realized you are at altitude, so that looks normal for stock... But after being tuned and having to flash back to Stage 0 due to a fuel mix up, no way I'm running stock tune ever again, just not enough power for me, LOL.

Business6

I was thinking "huh, didn't realize some stock FiST's dyno as low as 160 whp, must be the dyno"... but then also realized you are at altitude, so that looks normal for stock... But after being tuned and having to flash back to Stage 0 due to a fuel mix up, no way I'm running stock tune ever again, just not enough power for me, LOL.
Yeah I honestly didn't care what the numbers were I just wanted the numbers for future reference. We were taking bets on what the numbers would be and I got the 3rd gear pull numbers exactly right, haha.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah I honestly didn't care what the numbers were I just wanted the numbers for future reference. We were taking bets on what the numbers would be and I got the 3rd gear pull numbers exactly right, haha.
Right on, indeed it's very good to have some base numbers for where you live so now you can see what mods give you what gains exactly!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
What a pain in the dick hole
For just a thermostat that may or may not help you run cooler if the radiator isn't already overwhelmed and if not that, then perhaps lower mileage and more carbon buildup? LOL... who the hell knows what any real downsides there are to running a lower temp thermostat, maybe just emissions goes up a tiny bit, but I have a feeling it's set higher for all kinds of stuff that needs to be burned off, to burn off, but just an educated guess for discussion purposes... I know some of you guys live where it's really hot, I'd probably try the at least the Ford 180 degree one in that case.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Fan speed still hasn't changed so it may be all for naught. I never really monitored temps before this tstat swap so I don't really have a good benchmark to compare it to. And I think our 95F+ days are over for the year. In the peak of summer my car used to sit at 225-227. It seems to not want to go over 208 now so I'm optimistic.