Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
From yesterday, did an oil change with Mobil 1 5W20 and FL400S filter. Transmission fluid change with 2L motul 300 (made a big difference!). Also wash and wax with 2 coats of Collinite 845
I'm almost 100% sure now that Ford has been under-filling the transmissions for sure... I did mine a couple of weeks ago with Ravenol MTF-2, which is actually the only one other than the Ford DCT fluid to actually meet their actual spec number, not that really matters, but the point is that putting in 2L of any decent fluid seems to make a big difference and I would recommend it to everyone who hasn't done this yet.

As for myself, got the Powerflex passenger side engine mount inset in yesterday along with the upgraded bolt... funny, the stock bolt "looks" beefier but the ARP one is known to be much stronger to handle the extra strain, but the thing is, despite ordering the Street version, I'm getting TONS more vibes. I wonder if this one poly ring, since it's thicker than the stock one, can simply be used alone instead of added to the stock one as a compromise. I do like the better connected to the road feeling but still, just getting tons of vibes compared to when I upgraded the RMM...

cxwrench

Changed the oil/filter on Saturday afternoon. Went w/ the larger FL400-s filter and filled w/ Royal Purple Synthetic. Also rotated the tires. Since the windshield mount for my V1 has given up the ghost at least a couple times I ordered an Arkon phone holder from Amazon. It's similar to the one that holds my AP but has a longer arm which I'm using to pin the V1 against the top of the dash rather than holding it suspended from the windshield. Looks like it should work fine and I won't have any flying radar detectors in my car!

cxwrench

Yeah.. debadging.. now trying to figure out my outline that wont go away.. might have to get polished.. great

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I had to (hand) polish mine a couple times after removing the Fiesta and moving the ST over to the right. Worth the (small) effort[cool]

Yeah.. debadging.. now trying to figure out my outline that wont go away.. might have to get polished.. great

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I used a rubber eraser wheel, medium clay bar, then compounded and polish with a torque 10fx da polisher.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Another day where I just drove it. But I decided to switch back to the E30 tune, since I was running the 93 tune from when I went on a trip a couple weeks ago. I knew my front tires were getting, uh, thin and damn does the E tune make that even more noticeable. These tires have about 6k miles on them and 2nd gear is almost completely unusable.

But this weekend I am Putting the stock springs back on and getting my winter set up ready to go on, so I'll be rotating then.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Another day where I just drove it. But I decided to switch back to the E30 tune, since I was running the 93 tune from when I went on a trip a couple weeks ago. I knew my front tires were getting, uh, thin and damn does the E tune make that even more noticeable. These tires have about 6k miles on them and 2nd gear is almost completely unusable.

But this weekend I am Putting the stock springs back on and getting my winter set up ready to go on, so I'll be rotating then.
Just curious, do you use the Cobb traction control at all? E30 tunes definitely like to break loose in 2nd, I've found that using setting Cobb TC setting 3 allows a little spin but then cuts power very smoothly and only as much needed to prevent massive wheel spin.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I loaded 3 gallons of e85 and my dizzy e30 stage 2 tune for the first time and all I can say is wow. This car is one amazing performance value.
Jay's Garage/Quik Stop Gas has full 90% "e85" (so actually e90) and that moppy hair dude Augie there says that's what they get year-round, it really is an amazing difference! I'm back to a 93 tune this week and the car absolutely feels like it's being held back by the tune, the only downside to going e30 is when you go back to 91/93, LOL... But, man, I bet you are REALLY happy by how much difference the e30 makes, are you using the Cobb traction control at all? What I did was instead of a datalog review with Dizzy I just had Jason re-send the file with Cobb TC on at 3 by default, then just have to press the TC button once to go into sport mode and I'm all set.

anticon

Jay's Garage/Quik Stop Gas has full 90% "e85" (so actually e90) and that moppy hair dude Augie there says that's what they get year-round, it really is an amazing difference! I'm back to a 93 tune this week and the car absolutely feels like it's being held back by the tune, the only downside to going e30 is when you go back to 91/93, LOL... But, man, I bet you are REALLY happy by how much difference the e30 makes, are you using the Cobb traction control at all? What I did was instead of a datalog review with Dizzy I just had Jason re-send the file with Cobb TC on at 3 by default, then just have to press the TC button once to go into sport mode and I'm all set.
I got there right before they closed on Sunday so they were trying to close up shop, but it was funny because a couple other guys showed up right after me with another can to fill with E85. I assume that happens all day long, being the only place in a large metro area with the product. I asked the guy if he knew what it was testing at but he didn't know.

Yeah, I pretty much hit ESC everytime I get in the car regardless of where I am going. I think mine is set to 3 per Jason's common recommendation.

I've got to load up my E30 tune since I've been running his 93 tune for a few months. How's the extra torque feel on the butt dyno? Hoping to grab some E85 in the next few weeks to store at home.