Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dallas area - call it destiny?

I am so blown away, and pleased to see that I (we all) made a fantastic choice getting this Fiesta ST. There really has not been one (official, genuine) bad review on it. That is amazing that such a broad spectrum of drivers, reviewers, and magazines love it! Cause typically, there is always someone biased towards one car or make, that will always have something negative to say. And especially since this is a <<<gasp>>> Ford. A domestic company, not always known for the "wow" factor, or quality.

Equally amazing for me, is how I got mine! Unlike most of you, I knew nothing about the Fiesta ST. I only knew the Fiesta was a tiny, ecco car, basic cheap transportation that got good gas mileage, and had unimpressive looks, and tiny skinny tires. I did get a peak at the ST when I downloaded some pics on the Xbox for the Fiesta Movement, but that was it. I had a MKV VW R32, if anything I was excited about the Focus ST finally available here at last.

It started when a certain Ford dealer treated me like dirt when trying to trade for a Focus ST that had everything I wanted on it, an ST3. While waiting there for their typical sales games, they had a black Fiesta ST on the showroom floor. It looked good, and piqued my interest, but I wanted that Focus, and I wanted blue. Hours later, and no deal (they were total jerks!), I left quite depressed.

So, I started thinking about the new Dodge Dart GT. Perhaps that was more affordable, and decent enough to drive, considering the type of cars I prefer, performance.I tried to find reviews of it on YouTube. There was barely anything about the GT. But, there seemed to be a ton about the all new Fiesta ST. Hmmm, interesting. The more I watched, the more I was impressed. But no one except for those jerks, had one, let alone in blue.

Weeks later, I was about to leave for the Dodge dealer to buy the Dart GT. For the hell of it, I called a Ford dealer near them, as the online inventory said they had one blue Fiesta ST. They said no, it was not there.

Still, on the way to Dodge, on a whim, I stopped by that Ford dealer, and low and behold - my new Fiesta ST had just come off the truck! The rest is history. Perhaps it was destiny? For now looking at the Focus ST, it no longer holds as much interest for me. And the Dodge Dart GT? I STILL haven't seen one yet, on the street, or looked at one on a lot. I absolutely love my tiny Fiesta ST! Love every minute I am driving it. Heck, I even love just staring at it parked.

The killer of this all, is that unlike many of you, I did not know about this car months ahead. I did not preorder one, and had to anxiously wait day by day for a status update or a vin number. I did not spend months searching for one on a lot, and with the colors and options wanted. I did not have to drive miles away, or into another state to find one (where I got mine, was only 20 minutes away!). I did not know it would become so well liked, nor a hell of a performance (near sports) car. I just drove to a nearby dealer, there it was, love at first moment of the test drive, and hours later, it was mine. So it must have been destiny, for all the dominoes just fell into place, without my knowing, or planning.

The longest I had to wait, and be without it, was when being repaired after some jerk broke into it to steal an older radar detector!

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Great post and it does sound like destiny to me. Glad you are still enjoying it.[lovest]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Right place at the Right time ... Sometimes its better to be lucky than good :)