Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whats your favorite ambient light color?

Whats your favorite Fiesta ST ambient lighting color?

• White

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Orange

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • Red

Votes: 216 45.1%
  • Ice Blue

Votes: 56 11.7%
  • Green

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 71 14.8%
  • Purple

Votes: 43 9.0%
  • Off

Votes: 54 11.3%

• Total voters

Butterybunz

My 2014 Fiesta ST had the ambient light built into opening above the glove box, my 2017 doesn't... is that normal?

J2FoRS

My 2014 Fiesta ST had the ambient light built into opening above the glove box, my 2017 doesn't... is that normal?
I think, if i lost that LED, the purpose for this car would be moot. I only feel cool driving at night due to that light. And passengers always like it. Im a child though.

LILIKE16ST

My 2016 has the light there above the glove box and it glows the same color as whatever you have the floor and cupholder lights on. I keep mine on ice blue because I'm OCD in a way and I like all the buttons and switches matched by the ambient lights :)

Butterybunz

My 2016 has the light there above the glove box and it glows the same color as whatever you have the floor and cupholder lights on. I keep mine on ice blue because I'm OCD in a way and I like all the buttons and switches matched by the ambient lights :)
Yeah me too. They got rid of the light above the glove box for 2017 models [sad]

LILIKE16ST

I recently started keeping mine on the dark blue color because it kind of looks like black lights or something. I like red from time to time if it were a little brighter I would probably keep it on that all the time it just seems kind of dim in comparison to the rest of the colors. The lights don't bother me driving like some say they do driving at night.

Red mostly for me, and a bottle of water in the cup holder always looks cool no matter what color. Mine is a 2017 so I went through all the trouble of adding the light in the dash above the glovebox for 2 reasons. First, I think having it there is cool if I have the lights switched on. Second, and more importantly, I was annoyed af that Ford in its infinite wisdom deleted it, along with the glovebox light. Sometimes the logic is hard to understand. Another example is the lack of the backup camera in the U.S. when it is there in other markets. I know it is coming now in 2018, but can you imagine the liability if a child is killed by someone backing over him or her? Under rules of evidence (yes I'm an attorney) the plaintiffs likely won't be able to introduce evidence of it being added as a subsequent improvement on 2018 U.S. cars, but the fact that it is there in other markets will sure be allowed as evidence that it contributed to safety and might have prevented the accident. Just makes little sense to me.

I have had it set on red pretty much since the day I bought it. I think the red compliments the black interior and red ST badges quite nicely.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have had it set on red pretty much since the day I bought it. I think the red compliments the black interior and red ST badges quite nicely.
Then you should get Red LEDs and do the dome lights and map lights front and back. Did mine in Blue...Will never go back after that..food for thought....there is a thread on how too.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
My 17 doesn't have the glove box light, either. or an interior glove box light, or a pen holder. I go with red, since it matches the red accents of the car.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I keep mine off. I see the lighting above the glove box reflect against the passenger window and is distracting when I use the side mirror.
I think this is the reason the glove box light doesn't come on the '17s.

Mine have been off from day one. If there was a dimmer on it i would use it. My wife's escape has a dimmer built in.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I know some don't like it and have had theirs off since they bought the car but I think it gives the interior of the Fiesta a nice "luxurious" feel. Makes the interior/car as a whole feel less cheap.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Mine is usually off, but sometimes if I’m wearing my neon yellow new balance shoes I set it to purple for that pseudo black light situation :D

Intuit

3000 Post Club
It'd be nice to have an auto-rotate setting. With each ignition-run, it automatically rotates to the next setting. (excluding off?)
A 'christmas tree' setting where each press rotates faster, activated by holding the button as you ignition to run, might be a fun egg to hide in there.

Sorry to bring a post back from almost dead but is there a part # for the pen holder in the glove box? I couldn't find it anywhere.