Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blend Door Actuator Issue Thread

Who has had blend door actuator problems?

• '14 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • '15 Fiesta ST

Votes: 144 29.1%
  • '16 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • '17 Fiesta ST

Votes: 65 13.1%

• Total voters
My 2015 has been at the dealer since Monday (5 days ago) on this issue. Dealer is just now telling me they have to take the whole dash out to fix. Sounds like this should not be the case.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
My 2015 has been at the dealer since Monday (5 days ago) on this issue. Dealer is just now telling me they have to take the whole dash out to fix. Sounds like this should not be the case.
Is it at least under warranty?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If under warranty they are idiots, If not they are treating you like one....
My 16 was done the day I dropped it off.

Is it at least under warranty?
If under warranty they are idiots, If not they are treating you like one....
My 16 was done the day I dropped it off.
Yes, under warranty. Spoke with manager today. He said there are three of these blend door actuators under the dash. Two are listed for under 1-hour labor in his repair manual. The third is listed as a 8-hour job. Apparently this one (the broken one for me) is further up under the dash somewhere. He also said they have to take the doors off and seats out to do the job. Does this sound right? (sorry, I've not read this whole thread)

Business6

Yes, under warranty. Spoke with manager today. He said there are three of these blend door actuators under the dash. Two are listed for under 1-hour labor in his repair manual. The third is listed as a 8-hour job. Apparently this one (the broken one for me) is further up under the dash somewhere. He also said they have to take the doors off and seats out to do the job. Does this sound right? (sorry, I've not read this whole thread)
Yeah, that sounds about right if they have a whale doing the work.

Just scheduled my trip to the dealer for my 2nd blend door actuator failure. First time it went was at 10k miles, this time right at the edge of the warranty, 35,200.

Figured i'd update.
Got mine done along with the brake switch while waiting.
Took 3 hours total for everything from walking in the door to driving out of the lot.

Same exact issue happening with my 2017. I only have 15k miles. I want to get it fixed but not pay a hefty fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Good video. Very helpful to see another way to change one of the 3 of those switches. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I'm going to have to do this eventually. It's been clicking for a while. Not looking forward to it.

HBEcoBeaST

I'm going to have to do this eventually. It's been clicking for a while. Not looking forward to it.

That's how I felt. Put it off waaay too long. The method in the video I posted is definitely worth trying. I have big hands, am clumsy and it still went well in 45min including stopping for 5min to chat with my neighbor. So nice to ditch the clicking

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thx for the pep talk. I'll order the part this weekend.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I have had this problem too for awhile now...not wanting to lose time leaving it at the dealer. I have an extended warranty (up to 100k miles) but I think I'll do this myself with the beefier part.

One note, in case it hasn't been mentioned before, is that I have found the noise occurs more often if you have the ac/heat off, are using auto mode while cooling, or have the fan blowing to face only mode. So I keep my ac/heat on bilevel or foot level and never hit the auto (or immediately switch to bilevel after auto) to keep the noise from coming on while the motor is on. Unfortunately, this won't stop the noise from coming on 5-10 minutes after ignition is turned off or after the car is unlocked, locked, or SYNC/music is turned on.

This is one reason why this part may be wearing out so quick. This noise will come on even if the ac is turned off. I have no idea why computer is actuating the door so much even when ignition is turned off or you are just listening to SYNC or even after you unlock or lock the car. It seems to be a glitch in the programing but hopefully the beefier actuator lasts longer.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I have had this problem too for awhile now...not wanting to lose time leaving it at the dealer. I have an extended warranty (up to 100k miles) but I think I'll do this myself with the beefier part.

One note, in case it hasn't been mentioned before, is that I have found the noise occurs more often if you have the ac/heat off, are using auto mode while cooling, or have the fan blowing to face only mode. So I keep my ac/heat on bilevel or foot level and never hit the auto (or immediately switch to bilevel after auto) to keep the noise from coming on while the motor is on. Unfortunately, this won't stop the noise from coming on 5-10 minutes after ignition is turned off or after the car is unlocked, locked, or SYNC/music is turned on.

This is one reason why this part may be wearing out so quick. This noise will come on even if the ac is turned off. I have no idea why computer is actuating the door so much even when ignition is turned off or you are just listening to SYNC or even after you unlock or lock the car. It seems to be a glitch in the programing but hopefully the beefier actuator lasts longer.

I have noticed the clicking will start on it's own about 10 minutes after the car is turned off. Locked up or not. I was sitting outside the car and the look on my face was probably priceless when I heard it clicking on its own.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Yes, but at least it doesn't click when I start the car up now. I can't wait to get back so I can order the part and have it fixed.
I have noticed the clicking will start on it's own about 10 minutes after the car is turned off. Locked up or not. I was sitting outside the car and the look on my face was probably priceless when I heard it clicking on its own.