Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Running FiST with E85 Blends - Discussion Thread

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was always told on here to NOT go any higher than maybe E20 on the factory tune, since anything past that was 'out of range' for the factory ECU/O.A.R. system, etc., and could cause an over-lean fueling problem. [dunno]

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes you can do this. The factory ECU tuning will recognize the higher octane rating and bump timing a bit to get a decent torque gain and some HP.

There's a very old thread on this from ~2015 where someone documented the gains.
Really? Wow, I always thought that would destroy your engine!
I was always told on here to NOT go any higher than maybe E20 on the factory tune, since anything past that was 'out of range' for the factory ECU/O.A.R. system, etc., and could cause an over-lean fueling problem. [dunno]
Same.
Hasn't caused any issues for me. the factory ECU seemed to make appropriate adjustments.
Do you monitor AFR on your accessport (assuming you have one)? I’d be curious what it looks like.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Nope. Most modern cars have fuel trims that can accommodate E30. It's approaching near the top of the limits but there's still some ceiling.

There was an interesting journal article in an engineering journal recently where they enrolled about 100 cars in E30 use over a couple of years. Not a single car Had any sign of detriment or damage. I'll see if I can dig up the article later

Really? Wow, I always thought that would destroy your engine!

Same.

Do you monitor AFR on your accessport (assuming you have one)? I’d be curious what it looks like.
I’ve only had the AP for a week, but I’ll get some logs and send em to ya if you’d like

I hit 11.6 reverse idling out of the garage, but never below 12.4, WOT in various gears. There’s a chance it dropped lower and I didn’t see it, but the min value was before I left the house.