Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hijinx’ Build

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
The Fiesta is almost paid off (yes I’m keeping it), so I did a thing.

2012 MK6 GTI w/ DSG, just shy of 50k miles. First round will be Cobb AP, cleaning valves, replacing motor and trans oil, spark plugs and coil packs, and engine mounts.
I've always loved the GTI's and even owned one briefly (a 2007). Have any mod plans for it yet besides the maintenance ones stated? [wink]

2012 MK6 GTI w/ DSG, just shy of 50k miles. First round will be Cobb AP, cleaning valves, replacing motor and trans oil, spark plugs and coil packs, and engine mounts.
I had a 2010 MK6 GTI and a 2012 CC R-Line DSG. Both cars were great. The only headache about the DSG is the 40k service intervals, the parts alone are just ridiculously expensive for what it is, but it's a great transmission. When you get the coil packs, grab the Audi R8 Red Tops, they are much better and last a lot longer.

Interesting on the Cobb AP. I never really ran into too many people running them, most ran APR or Unitronic. Simple DV upgrade, downpipe and a drop in filter and a stage 2 flash and the car woke up!

Either way, solid purchase, it's definitely a good amount of car for the money!

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #343
I had a 2010 MK6 GTI and a 2012 CC R-Line DSG. Both cars were great. The only headache about the DSG is the 40k service intervals, the parts alone are just ridiculously expensive for what it is, but it's a great transmission. When you get the coil packs, grab the Audi R8 Red Tops, they are much better and last a lot longer.

Interesting on the Cobb AP. I never really ran into too many people running them, most ran APR or Unitronic. Simple DV upgrade, downpipe and a drop in filter and a stage 2 flash and the car woke up!

Either way, solid purchase, it's definitely a good amount of car for the money!
Cobb is relatively new to VW scene. I prefer the versatility that Cobb offers as opposed to fixed guidelines/“stages” and being locked to prescribed parts or digging way deep for travel to a location and tuning on a dyno. I’m still researching, but it’s really looking like Cobb for me.

I’m definitely planning on the R8 red tops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #344
I've always loved the GTI's and even owned one briefly (a 2007). Have any mod plans for it yet besides the maintenance ones stated? [wink]
Nothing in stone yet. I know I don’t want to do a hybrid or K04, but deciding on just what I’ll do is a distant thought. I do, however, have a wishlist full of things at Integrated Engineering.

Nothing in stone yet. I know I don’t want to do a hybrid or K04, but deciding on just what I’ll do is a distant thought. I do, however, have a wishlist full of things at Integrated Engineering.

That's the other beauty, VWVortex is littered with used parts too that are cheap and readily available. So many people mod these and then part out frequently.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I’ve seen it, but I’m not impressed. Im especially soured on hybrids. I’m not impressed by the K04 either. Besides everyone goes those routes, and I like the less beaten paths.
Of course, that is why you’re respected in this community. Hopefully you’ll share some of the VW on here so we can see what you do with it.

Good to still see you kicking on here.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #347
Of course, that is why you’re respected in this community. Hopefully you’ll share some of the VW on here so we can see what you do with it.

Good to still see you kicking on here.

I was... But, I can’t deal with all the know-it-all’s, agendas and false info that flys around this forum on a daily basis. So, I’ll just go back to keeping quiet and checking in occasionally.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I was... But, I can’t deal with all the know-it-all’s, agendas and false info that flys around this forum on a daily basis. So, I’ll just go back to keeping quiet and checking in occasionally.

Welcome to the dark side.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nice...I have a 2016 MK7 GTI w/PP, full bolt-ons, running COBB with MAPerformance Map 2, as my Chill Fast car, and a 2017 FiST, stock for now as my daily. I go back and forth on which I like better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #354
Hijinx' Shun Mediocrity Build

So quiet in here, how is Jamaal’s toys doing?

My first name is Isaac. Please address me as such unless otherwise notified. Thanks!

It’s still broke, waiting on the wizard.

Anyway, I figured I’d give a quick update on the GTI. I don’t intend to be update or pic heavy with it so I won’t create a new thread for it. I’ll just drop crumbs every now and then. It’s currently FMIC, DP and CAI on Cobb Stg 2 93 Tune. Will be going custom tune when the wizard is ready.

Yeah, it feels decent for what it is though. The DSG is amazing.

That’s what I hear, my cousin has one (all stock, but knows cars), and says it is unreal.
I like how the torque on the oem tune is flat at 200 ft/lbs across almost the whole pull. Lol.

My first name is Isaac. Please address me as such unless otherwise notified. Thanks!

It’s still broke, waiting on the wizard.

Anyway, I figured I’d give a quick update on the GTI. I don’t intend to be update or pic heavy with it so I won’t create a new thread for it. I’ll just drop crumbs every now and then. It’s currently FMIC, DP and CAI on Cobb Stg 2 93 Tune. Will be going custom tune when the wizard is ready.
The Cobb OTS tunes for the MK6 are really conservative. (For a second I thought you had a MK7, in which case you'd be like 60 whp low lol). You'll pick up another 20 whp just from the custom tune. Ask them to do an ethanol tune. The TSI engine has enough fueling overhead for E30 no problem.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #359
The Cobb OTS tunes for the MK6 are really conservative. (For a second I thought you had a MK7, in which case you'd be like 60 whp low lol). You'll pick up another 20 whp just from the custom tune. Ask them to do an ethanol tune. The TSI engine has enough fueling overhead for E30 no problem.
Yeah, I’m just on the OTS tune for a little while. First I’ll get custom tuned on 93 and then on E30. Maybe throw some MS-109 at it if there seems to power left on the table with the E30? This isn’t a popular decision here on the forum, but Russ will be tuning it, so I’m just waiting on him to get familiar with the VW logic.