Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dave's 2014 OW build

What downpipe are you running? Cause the exhaust vid you have in your Instagram just sold me on thermal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
oh, now I see what 2 bungs the smog guy was referring to. Your downpipe has 3 bungs, the 2 bungs before the CAT is not common and a give away that it may be aftermarket. My DHM downpipe is the same LOL.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #226
New video/car update just posted:

[video=youtube;3ubr4jnd3SE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ubr4jnd3SE[/video]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I NEED one of these, yup, even on factory power! [driving]

I've wanted a Wavetrac even back in my old 10 bolt rear axle LS1 Z28, but since they never had made one for that, I was ready to upgrade (eventually, IF I kept that car) to a Ford 9" rear axle just so that I could use one of these diffs, which they DID make for that axle!!

THANK YOU for that great review as well. [twothumb]

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #229
I NEED one of these, yup, even on factory power! [driving]

I've wanted a Wavetrac even back in my old 10 bolt rear axle LS1 Z28, but since they never had made one for that, I was ready to upgrade (eventually, IF I kept that car) to a Ford 9" rear axle just so that I could use one of these diffs, which they DID make for that axle!!

THANK YOU for that great review as well. [twothumb]
Haha yes, yes you do! This should be one of the first upgrades for everyone imo. SO good!

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #232
Hey Dave, I finally got caught up with your videos. Any update with your tune? are you done? results?
Thanks for watching! :) The car is finished. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to get it on a dyno. The power feels good, pretty similar to my old setup. The powerband isn't as wide though, it's a little laggier and doesn't hold power for as long. About 4000 to 6500 is where all the power is. I doubt I'll be getting it dynoed anytime soon. With the new level of enforcement in CA, I've been thinking about either selling the car or moving out of state. I'd prefer to keep the car obviously, but if I stay in CA, I don't want to worry about getting reffed every time I drive the car.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thanks for watching! :) The car is finished. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to get it on a dyno. The power feels good, pretty similar to my old setup. The powerband isn't as wide though, it's a little laggier and doesn't hold power for as long. About 4000 to 6500 is where all the power is. I doubt I'll be getting it dynoed anytime soon. With the new level of enforcement in CA, I've been thinking about either selling the car or moving out of state. I'd prefer to keep the car obviously, but if I stay in CA, I don't want to worry about getting reffed every time I drive the car.
No Virtual Dyno comparisons with your previous ST?

I wouldn't be deterred by possible enforcement. That's a lot of what if scenarios that get blown up beyond reality most of the time IMO.
Just realize the laws, go about your business and if you get tagged, deal with it. You already have a hook up for getting your car to pass when you brought it into CA from CO. So, your car will and should basically pass again when the times comes for a smog check.

If you're worried about exhaust noise. Get a db reader, they're not that expensive and get a reading so you know where your car stands. If it's out of range you can fix it or roll the dice if it's not <96db.

Truth be told, I miss your previous ST build.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #234
Yesterday I traded in my daily (2016 BMW 328i) for the newest addition to my home. I never thought I'd own a GT350 simply due to them constantly selling above "market value," oxymoron I know. They typically sell for $10-15k above KBB. I found an amazing deal and couldn't pass it up. This car is truly incredable and a joy to drive. As of now, I don't have any plans to get rid of the FiST.

IMG_8398.jpg

IMG_8391.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
MY FAVE naturally aspirated domestic, and one which I would take over even most of the boosted, stupid whp/wt level, domestic 'hypercars' every day of the week!
[thumb] [driving] [coolsmile]

About the only way to improve on the excellence of that car, besides much stickier rubber, is to swap in a TR6060, or better yet, a Hollinger sequential if one can handle the co$t, constant rebuilds, and 'un-streetability' of that gearbox. ;)

Last edited:
OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #238
Congratulations, I’d rock that[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks buddy!

MY FAVE naturally aspirated domestic, and one which I would take over even most of the boosted, stupid whp/wt level, domestic 'hypercars' every day of the week!
[thumb] [driving] [coolsmile]

About the only way to improve that car, besides much stickier rubber, is to swap in a TR6060, or better yet, a Hollinger sequential if one can handle the co$t, constant rebuilds, and 'un-streetability' of that gearbox. ;)
I honestly think the car is perfect the way it sits. I don't have any plans as of now for any upcoming mods. I guess I'm getting old haha

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #239
I case anyone was curious about a FiST update, I just posted a video so feel free to check it out and let me know if there's any specific content you'd like to see. Thanks!

[video=youtube;FCV7pUpREqk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCV7pUpREqk[/video]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Cool vid Dave, ya I have Sarcoidosis which is an Autoimmune disease. Its prety benign except if it gets in my lungs it can kill me and if it gets in my eyes it can blind me. Oh and the only medical treatment is cortisonel steroids. Woohoo lol, It can go through flare ups as well. When I was first diagnosed it came out on my face. Createas granular bumps. Fun stuff! Learned to to live with it and I do think diet and stress can effect it as well.

Last edited: