Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dave's 2014 OW build

Engine/Power:
  • Garrett GT2560r
  • Tial MV-S Wastegate with Open Dumb
  • Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
  • COBB Intake
  • DHM Race Front Mount & Crash Bar
  • COBB Accessport
  • DHM Tubular Manifold
  • DHM Catless Downpipe
  • Injen 3" Cat-back
  • Damond Motorsports Oil Catch Can
  • Tial BOV
  • DHM Sound Symposer Delete - Red

Wheels/Suspension:
  • Fifteen52 Tarmac 17x8 +42 - Block Bronze
  • Vogtland Coilovers
  • Pierce Motorsports Front Strut Brace
  • Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsion Bar

Interior/Exterior Styling:
  • Mountune Front Splitter
  • Boomba Wing Risers
  • AEM Boost Gauge
  • 9k Racing Shift Knob - Red
  • DHM Shifter Extension - Black
  • Perrin Super Shorty Antenna
  • RAYS Formula Bolts - Neo Chrome

Transmission:
  • COBB RMM
  • FSWERKS Short Shift Kit

[video=youtube;F0oruEOD0Cs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0oruEOD0Cs&t=71s[/video]

[video=youtube;7qqu0jBu9kQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qqu0jBu9kQ[/video]

Last edited:
You were the inspiration for my wheels! Did you fix the car up okay after that lady slammed into you?

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #6
Looks good so far :)
Looks awesome sir! The wheels really set it off. Great combo. [emoji106]
Thanks guys!

You were the inspiration for my wheels! Did you fix the car up okay after that lady slammed into you?
[wrenchin] I'm a big fan of your car as well. Yep, after $4800 and about a month later, it seems as good as new.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Let me know your impressions of stage 2. I'll be ordering my intercooler from them soon. Already have their intake and exhaust and love them. Can't wait to go stage 2 and eventually stage 3 with the addition of their downpipe.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #12
I had my COBB stage 2 and TurboSmart BOV installed by ModBargains today.

ModBargains: This is the second time I have ordered parts and had them install those parts. I am just as pleased this time around. Everyone there is very professional and helpful. I arrived at 8am this morning and they had my car finished just before noon.

COBB stage 2: I can honestly say that I?m a little disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high... As far as the buttdyno goes, I don?t feel that much of a power improvement. IMO the main difference between stage 2 and stock is that stage 2 does pull a bit harder all the way to redline, as opposed to stock that falls on its face after 5k. The RMM does increase vibration SLIGHTLY at idle, but not a big deal. It looks like I?ll be adding a turbo upgrade sooner than I had originally thought.

TurboSmart BOV: It?s a quite unique sound. There is an initial high pitch squeak followed by a surge of air being released. It is a bit louder than I would have thought, but overall I?m pleased with the product.

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

turbosmart.jpg

My commuter got a little of the COBB touch today too [like]

IMG_1840.JPG

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I had my COBB stage 2 and TurboSmart BOV installed by ModBargains today.

ModBargains: This is the second time I have ordered parts and had them install those parts. I am just as pleased this time around. Everyone there is very professional and helpful. I arrived at 8am this morning and they had my car finished just before noon.

COBB stage 2: I can honestly say that I?m a little disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high... As far as the buttdyno goes, I don?t feel that much of a power improvement. IMO the main difference between stage 2 and stock is that stage 2 does pull a bit harder all the way to redline, as opposed to stock that falls on its face after 5k. The RMM does increase vibration SLIGHTLY at idle, but not a big deal. It looks like I?ll be adding a turbo upgrade sooner than I had originally thought.

TurboSmart BOV: It?s a quite unique sound. There is an initial high pitch squeak followed by a surge of air being released. It is a bit louder than I would have thought, but overall I?m pleased with the product.

View attachment 5087

View attachment 5088

View attachment 5089

My commuter got a little of the COBB touch today too [like]

View attachment 5090
That's what I've been hearing about the stage 2 also. I'm an intercooler away from going to stage 2 but I'm a little disappointed already and I don't even have it installed. Ha.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #14
That's what I've been hearing about the stage 2 also. I'm an intercooler away from going to stage 2 but I'm a little disappointed already and I don't even have it installed. Ha.
Haha! Although I'm not overly pleased with the power, I do like the idea of having lower charge temps. I almost went straight to stage 3, I'm glad that I didn't. I'll most likely be adding a DHM turbo kit soon, so I saved myself from buying a downpipe that would be quickly replaced.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Haha! Although I'm not overly pleased with the power, I do like the idea of having lower charge temps. I almost went straight to stage 3, I'm glad that I didn't. I'll most likely be adding a DHM turbo kit soon, so I saved myself from buying a downpipe that would be quickly replaced.
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm going to get it anyway. Haha. And lower temps are always good indeed.

Does DHM kit come with a downpipe? Is that what you mean? Haven't looked into his kit much.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
What tune do you have loaded in the AP? Did you go on your PC and update to the latest and greatest?

Also, for Stage 3, aren't the only additional parts required the hot side piping kit, and downpipe and exhaust?

I think that if you add a nice exhaust you will be happy with the symphony they can provide when done right. Very nice ride, I do enjoy the white FiST's.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
What tune do you have loaded in the AP? Did you go on your PC and update to the latest and greatest?

Also, for Stage 3, aren't the only additional parts required the hot side piping kit, and downpipe and exhaust?

I think that if you add a nice exhaust you will be happy with the symphony they can provide when done right. Very nice ride, I do enjoy the white FiST's.
Are you asking me? Or original poster?

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #19
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm going to get it anyway. Haha. And lower temps are always good indeed.

Does DHM kit come with a downpipe? Is that what you mean? Haven't looked into his kit much.
Yes, it comes with a downpipe that is a completely different setup than stock.

Yes, I have the most recent version of the stage 2 OTS map with 91 octane.

I would only need a turbo back exhaust to go stage 3(downpipe and cat-back.)

I have been driving modded cars for 10+ years. I have owned a handful of big power turbo cars, so I know I won't be happy with just stage 3.

Thank you for the kind words!

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Yes, it comes with a downpipe that is a completely different setup than stock.

Yes, I have the most recent version of the stage 2 OTS map with 91 octane.

I would only need a turbo back exhaust to go stage 3(downpipe and cat-back.)

I have been driving modded cars for 10+ years. I have owned a handful of big power turbo cars, so I know I won't be happy with just stage 3.

Thank you for the kind words!
The DHM kit that rodmoe is using / pioneering is bonkers. I'm not sure I even want 375 whp! I'm glad (and I think you are too) that someone else is pushing the limits of these motors so any mod I do seems tame by comparison.

Can't wait to see where this goes!