Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone getting a slight air leak noise in the moonroof?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I'm getting a slight air leak noise when I have my shade open on the moonroof. Anyone else with this problem?

I'm getting a slight air leak noise when I have my shade open on the moonroof. Anyone else with this problem?
If you can hear air passing though, its obviously not air-tight, and probably not water-tight either. It's still under warranty, so I would take it back. My last car, a VW GTI, had a sunroof. Sometimes it would re-open after closing all the way, as if something was blocking it. I would have to get out of the car and stick my finger to push down the track, close the sunroof, then remove my finger just before the thing fully closed. Sometimes it would randomly tilt open too, after the engine was shut off and I had already exited the car and locked the doors. I had it serviced a few times, but it was a pain in the ass. That car was older though, 2003. With a brand-new vehicle, a sunroof makes for a great way to use your warranty service!

OP
rooSTer

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
It's not leaking water which is the weird thing, guess I'll have them take a look the next time I head in.

I get this when driving on the highway. If I close the shade I can't hear it. It's not too objectionable, so I'm not sure I want to go to the dealer with it...

I can't imagine that Ford designed it to make air-leaking noises. The brand-new car comes with a bumper-to-bumper warranty. You should get every possible thing you notice thats not perfect fixed while under this warranty.

STooge

I get this when driving on the highway. If I close the shade I can't hear it. It's not too objectionable, so I'm not sure I want to go to the dealer with it...
It's free i would make an appointment with the concern ASAP. I will use my warranty for anything I THINK is wrong. Use it to its fullest. The instant you are over your warranty they will tell you to fly a kite 99.9% of the time. If you run out of warranty on your way to the dealer, they will explain to you that your warranty is up.

Use it while you got it.