Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Catch Cans

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
True to an extent. Not to get totally off topic, but the CFM Valve Cover breather does take this into account. It has a check ball that closes off the VTA under vacuum. So, precisely when the PCV system is engaged (under vacuum) is when the breather is closed, allowing vapors to be sucked out. Then, when the crankcase is pressurized and the PCV valve closes, the check ball opens up to let the crankcase VTA.
So in other words, the vapors stay in the crankcase until you go into boost?

Edit- are you talking about the oil cap replacement?

So in other words, the vapors stay in the crankcase until you go into boost?

Edit- are you talking about the oil cap replacement?
Yes, the oil cap replacement. And no I don't think the vapors stay in the crankcase until you go into boost. If you're into boost, the PCV valve is closed and unless you have a breather, the vapors are going to stay in the crankcase. Once off boost, the PCV valve is open, closing the breather and venting the vapors through the catch can. Thus, with a crankcase breather you're venting all the time, not just when the PCV valve is open.

[Edit for clarity.]

Etyrnus

Yes, the oil cap replacement. And no I don't think the vapors stay in the crankcase until you go into boost. If you're into boost, the PCV valve is closed and unless you have a breather, the vapors are going to stay in the crankcase. Once off boost, the PCV valve is open, closing the breather and venting the vapors through the catch can. Thus, with a crankcase breather you're venting all the time, not just when the PCV valve is open.

[Edit for clarity.]

The CFM breather does have a valve in the oil cap replacement. Under normal operation it's closed, but opens under boost to vent.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

[Edit for clarity.]
Ah, I see. It would be a good (although, toxic) addition to a catch can.

So I feel this may have been answered another way but , wld it be best to have both ? The can and the breather? Or just the breather? Please clear it up for me. Im new to this motor. Thx guys.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #126
Shooting for a release very soon! Ran into some last minute production delays but do not fear, Boomba is here!

I was actually wondering what the difference between this and the Mishimoto one is.. Other than having 3 outlets

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #131
I was actually wondering what the difference between this and the Mishimoto one is.. Other than having 3 outlets
The can actually has two inlets and two outlets, so it is user configurable. This can is also large @ 350ml of capacity.

There will be a few options to purchase these cans. You can get the can with the mounting bracket all on its own, get a set-up with hardware made for the PCV side, or get a set-up with hardware made for the CCV side. We really want to give the customer all options possible.

Furthermore instead of using an insert in the can, the filtering of oil from air is actually done on the outlet of the can by a two-step filtration system that keeps the junk in the can, and clean air flowing out.

The can actually has two inlets and two outlets, so it is user configurable. This can is also large @ 350ml of capacity.

There will be a few options to purchase these cans. You can get the can with the mounting bracket all on its own, get a set-up with hardware made for the PCV side, or get a set-up with hardware made for the CCV side. We really want to give the customer all options possible.

Furthermore instead of using an insert in the can, the filtering of oil from air is actually done on the outlet of the can by a two-step filtration system that keeps the junk in the can, and clean air flowing out.
Do you have a diagram of the double baffle setup? Does it include a bronze filter like mishitomo's? If not, does it filter better than the bronze filter?

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #135
[MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION]

Knock Knock.... Any news?[poke]

Install guides are being finished up today!

Stage 1 (CCV) will mount under the intake piping near the battery box.
Stage 2 (PCV) will mount where the "box" is located for the sound symposer.

Install guides are being finished up today!

Stage 1 (CCV) will mount under the intake piping near the battery box.
Stage 2 (PCV) will mount where the "box" is located for the sound symposer.
So we would have to buy 2 catch cans one for each stage? Is there any way we can T both in one?