Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Engine option this year for regular Fiesta

STooge

Not sure if this is the right Forum for this thread if not just let me know.

Went to pick up plates today and the Salesman asked me to test drive a new Fiesta for him. It is a 2014 Fiesta with a 3 Cyl. Ecoboost. As far as options there are not many, its a cheap car, but I can honestly say it surprised me.

I mean it is not fast by any means but it made me smile, the noise it makes is weird but it was plenty to get around town and with 45 mpg highway, it was amazingly fun. I kept looking at my Fiance smiling, you wouldn't think of that as fun but I will debate the point haha. Anyone looking for a cheap car with good mileage, this is it. Only comes in manual though. At least from what we were told. And it's a $995 option as well. But here is some info and a pic.

Specs and Info

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
45mpg, that should beat out most hybrids. Wonder how easy would be be to up the boost on that thing.

OP
STooge

STooge

Thread Starter #3
Not sure but honestly the turbo is so tiny, you may not even know you're looking at it.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
It even has an overboost which bumps up the torque to 145 lb.-ft. for 15 seconds lol.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I've read somewhere that the European Focus also uses this 1.0 liter turbo, wonder if the US Focus will also get the same motor.