Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A Ford Fiesta RS ??? - Rumors, Reports, and Discussion Thread

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
There is literally no way for you to see the transmission in the pictures to know.
FYI. It's called a differential and it's apart of the drivetrain. And my point exactly usually it's protruding, its not called a a pumpkin for no reason.
Lol you are such a tard. Look at that tiny intercooler in the front. No way this is a fiesta rs. Those pictures are dated to begin with. If I had to guess they were testing a new engine for the upcoming refresh/ new gen fiesta
Shut your mouth up, what are you saying of value? You are speculating and your "guess" probably holds as much value as my left nuts opinion. Don't get mad because you don't like what ya hear guy. Merry Christmas

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
FYI. It's called a differential and it's apart of the drivetrain. And my point exactly usually it's protruding, its not called a a pumpkin for no reason.

Shut your mouth up, what are you saying of value? You are speculating and your "guess" probably holds as much value as my left nuts opinion. Don't get mad because you don't like what ya hear guy. Merry Christmas
Yea, I don't see a pumpkin either so its likely a open-diff.

Lol

dyn085

2000 Post Club

You won't see a pumpkin on a FWD platform...lol. A FWD can still have a differential and you'll never know from any shots similar to the ones that don't have a pumpkin.

IIRC, frankiefiesta is right and those pics were taken testing the 1.0l or some improvements to it.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I think somethings have not been fully stated to the point of causing some confusion.

Looking at the picture one would see a rear diff and IRS if it was AWD, it only shows a beam axle.

All cars have a diff, in a FWD it fits inside the same case as the transmission and thus called a transaxle.

In a FWD based platform the transaxle will have an output to connect the driveline to feed the rear diff.

(I do not recall ever seeing one or having it called one but I suppose in FWD platforms there could be a transfer case as in what front engine 4WD and AWD trucks and bigger SUVs often have, possibly some cars)
-----------

As for this particular holiday, Ba Humbug! :)

JasonHaven

As far as I know, the pictures in the OP are of a body kit sold in the UK for the ST.

(Edit: I see RAAM might be talking about the 'test photos', in that case, nevermind what I just said haha)

jayrod1980

I hate how a crappy blog reports something and our Twitter and blog internet world just reposts this stuff to the point where every outlet has to follow suit. This is most likely a lie.

They could take it from the EcoSport from Brazil. Still, the AWD packaging would likely require a new floor pan in the Fiesta.
Have you ever driven an EcoSport? I don't believe anyone would like that heavy and outdated AWD system in a sport compact built for fun. The system is a great utilitarian system, but would be marginal compared to the built-from-the-ground-up FoRS system. Yes, I understand you mean re-engineering the system for an FiRS, but this brings me to my next point...

If you are already spending money creating an AWD system on the Fiesta/EcoSport platform, it would make much more business sense to then introduce a revamped EcoSport to the North American market with EcoBoost options, AWD and all the plush-lush electronic stuff that consumers like, than invest that development in an even more niche trim slotted above the ST, as currently Ford does not offer the North American market a sub-compact CUV along the likes of the Renegade and HR-V. Could they do both? Ehhh, they could but... a taller ride with tight handling, offroad "capability", and a somewhat larger and ergonomic interior would do well among buyers who live in areas which receive inclement weather (and believe AWD is a save-all), follow an active lifestyle, and/or see a SUV-like vehicle as having higher status than a lowly Fiesta. A Fiesta RS would only cater to those who already have an ST, those who will buy it used 5 years from the release date, and those who just want a smaller, cheaper car with AWD than a FoRS (and I believe, even these people will prefer the EcoSport over an AWD Fiesta, because practicality, common sense, "bigger is better"). I know I'll get flack from this, but the FoRS is a FiRS just bigger, and in Ford's eyes "better", as a FoRS is a halo car with a pedigree and is permitted to be kinda of lunatic, which allows Ford to charge what they do for it. There is only a small amount of "carzy" people who actively look for vehicles that ride harsh, are light i.e. small, and forgo creature comforts in favour of performance and handling. One of them must have slipped the FiST past the bean-counters. We should be thankful that the ST even exists.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Wasn't Jay Ward the creator of "Rocky and Bullwinkle"?

Dave

I second the last sentence of what Thirty two said! "We should be thankful the ST version of Fiesta was sent to north America".