Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #62
Glad you're going back to Cobb for the dyno to keep things consistent.

So will you be doing a dyno run with the exhaust + tune and then another one for exhaust + intake + tune?
That's affirmative. [biggrin]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #66
This is like a tv series where we have to come back each week to watch haha.
This week will probably be exhaust dyno session. Next week will be FESWERKs intake dyno installment and follow up dyno test. The last piece of the puzzle for me at this time will be a Levels intercooler upgrade and I've been advised that those are about 1 month out on retail production release. HOWEVER. Just because I have what I have on my car now, does NOT mean I will stick with them. If something else that comes out that I really like, I will buy those parts and test them too. The only exception will be the Scorpion cat-back exhaust. I like it that much! You can expect to see an intake dyno "shoot-out" sometime in the near future as parts become more readily available (think Cobb v.s. Mountune v.s. FSWERKs v.s. any others). [biggrin]

I might end up doing a high flow catted downpipe if and when Cobb comes out with one. I won't use anyone else's. [neener]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #68
hahaha... that wouldn't give proper results now would it? [nono] hehe

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #69
I have a dyno session scheduled for later this afternoon to establish yet another baseline, this time on a Dynojet. It will be interesting to see the percentage difference of the Mustang Dyno v.s. the Dynojet. I will go back later this week to Cobb Plano to test the Scorpion exhaust system against my baseline on the Mustang Dyno. These are interesting times... stay thirsty my friends. [giddy]

What is really entertaining about this is that this particular Dynojet dyno (@ LG Motorsports) is only 400 yards away from the Mustang Dyno I used to get my baseline (@ Cobb). [shhh]

STooge

I have a dyno session scheduled for later this afternoon to establish yet another baseline, this time on a Dynojet. It will be interesting to see the percentage difference of the Mustang Dyno v.s. the Dynojet. I will go back later this week to Cobb Plano to test the Scorpion exhaust system against my baseline on the Mustang Dyno. These are interesting times... stay thirsty my friends. [giddy]

What is really entertaining about this is that this particular Dynojet dyno (@ LG Motorsports) is only 400 yards away from the Mustang Dyno I used to get my baseline (@ Cobb). [shhh]
AWESOME, WATCHING LIKE A HAWK FOR THE RESULTS MAN. haha thats awesome. Second opinions are always good.

This is torture....haven't had a test drive yet...my sanity is hanging on by a thread...these posts are my group therapy....please post results soon[hatchet]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72
AWESOME, WATCHING LIKE A HAWK FOR THE RESULTS MAN. haha thats awesome. Second opinions are always good.
Results: 181 hp & 228 pft torque to the wheels on LG Motorsports Dynojet. Back to Cobb later this week to compare the exhaust against my baseline.

Here's something interesting to think about and to consider: They chose NOT to run a fan in front of the radiator for some reason (possibly because my car is FWD and has to go backwards (actually forwards) into the dyno bay and the dyno is outside). Maybe the electrical cord doesn't reach.. I dunno. LOL [???:)] Also, there was no cool-down between runs. They did three WOT runs in 4th gear back to back. Every subsequent run showed improved power over the last (wish I had actually paid for a 4th and 5th pull as well).

I did not receive a paper copy of the results and I am waiting for LG to e-mail them to me. Now if only my car made the 181 hp (from LG) and 247 pft torque (from Cobb) on the same "graph" I would be more happy, but whatever. [screwy] I'm happier with the horsepower numbers. As I indicated earlier in my post, I will be setting up a new dyno session with Cobb later this week to quantify the exhaust system (whether there are gains or not). I will receive the FSWERKs intake today (waiting for the brown truck to arrive). Stay tuned.

So where does 197 hp come from? Does your car not overboost with the Cobb AP? This is weird..

STooge

So where does 197 hp come from? Does your car not overboost with the Cobb AP? This is weird..
197 is at the crank versus at the wheels, by peletons figures his 181 hp at the wheels would equate to 202 hp at the crank if I am not mistaken.

181x.12=21.72+181=202.72.

STooge

[twothumb]
Results: 181 hp & 228 pft torque to the wheels on LG Motorsports Dynojet. Back to Cobb later this week to compare the exhaust against my baseline.

Here's something interesting to think about and to consider: They chose NOT to run a fan in front of the radiator for some reason (possibly because my car is FWD and has to go backwards (actually forwards) into the dyno bay and the dyno is outside). Maybe the electrical cord doesn't reach.. I dunno. LOL [???:)] Also, there was no cool-down between runs. They did three WOT runs in 4th gear back to back. Every subsequent run showed improved power over the last (wish I had actually paid for a 4th and 5th pull as well).

I did not receive a paper copy of the results and I am waiting for LG to e-mail them to me. Now if only my car made the 181 hp (from LG) and 247 pft torque (from Cobb) on the same "graph" I would be more happy, but whatever. [screwy] I'm happier with the horsepower numbers. As I indicated earlier in my post, I will be setting up a new dyno session with Cobb later this week to quantify the exhaust system (whether there are gains or not). I will receive the FSWERKs intake today (waiting for the brown truck to arrive). Stay tuned.
Awesome deal man, Congrats on those numbers. Looks good for you. And, again, I will be keeping on this thread to see where this little FiST goes. [rockon] +1 to ya my friend

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #78
So how does it drive? Wheel spin excessive? Any torque steer?
Yes and YES. Keep in mind, my car has sticky 215/40-17 Dunlop Direzza D2s on 7.5" wide wheels. 1st gear produces a lot of wheel spin and torque steer. The shift from 1st to 2nd lays down around 10-15ft of wheel spin before traction is achieved in 2nd gear (if I shift hard and don't pull my foot off the throttle), 3rd gear pulls like a freaking beast!!! 1st and 2nd gear reminds me of my outgoing 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 now. The torque steer "kick" also reminds me of a 1984-1985 Pontiac Skyhawk Turbo. That car produced a TON of torque steer (and that made it pretty entertaining as it was an automatic). lol. With the Fiesta ST after these mods, you have to really have a good hold on the steering wheel as it tries to kick away from your hand. Even in 2nd gear from about a 30-35 mph roll the steering wheel will kick one way or the other. I can't even imagine what my car would be like with the stock 205 width tires... the word "overwhelmed" comes to mind... [shameful]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #79
[twothumb]

Awesome deal man, Congrats on those numbers. Looks good for you. And, again, I will be keeping on this thread to see where this little FiST goes. [rockon] +1 to ya my friend
Thanks bro. I am hoping the exhaust system produces some additional power. It will be interesting to see the Cobb "curves" before and after the exhaust system. Hopefully I can get that done this week.