Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Too bad with the results, I would also like to hear what they have to say once everything is situated.

TheStig

Always good to get some info from the company/manufacturer before saying anything if it could be taken bad.

Learned that long ago, its a good idea. And a good company will do their best to remedy the issue.

Perry

Sorry to hear it didn't come out as hoped, pel. But I'm gonna hold out hope that there's a good explanation and easy fix that comes along next.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #151
guessing you are back down to stock or worse numbers but it does feel faster right? and you were happy with the car before the dyno?
Yes very. It runs MUCH better than stock, I can assure you that! A stock FiST will not kick the steering wheel out of your hands when you hit the throttle. Torque steer is a PITA.. power also does not fall on it's face after 5500 rpm either.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #152
wtf? that sucks..and was this dyno done at LG or Cobb?
Cobbs Mustang Dyno. There is such a HUGE difference between the two exhaust system runs between LG & Cobb with the Scorpion exhaust system that it is... almost... almost... laughable. [:(!]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #153
Could be a bad batch of gas? Or a boost leak/exhaust leak?
Those would be the first things I'd check
Not according to AFR, boost levels and KR... all very good range. Not running lean, not overly rich. Timing advance is good so not bad gas. I dunno. Car feels ridiculously fast, torque steers the steering wheel out of my hands (and fights me) yep, I'm supposed to believe it is making less power than stock? [nono]. It runs nothing like it did "stock"...

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Cobbs Mustang Dyno. There is such a HUGE difference between the two exhaust system runs between LG & Cobb with the Scorpion exhaust system that it is... almost... almost... laughable. [:(!]
LG's dynojet seem more consistent with your addon phases. Would like to see the dyno results when possible.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #155
LG's dynojet seem more consistent with your addon phases. Would like to see the dyno results when possible.
Yep. I will go back to do a test with FSERKs intake. I may go back to stock exhaust or even back completely stock (with just the tune) and start over.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yep. I will go back to do a test with FSERKs intake. I may go back to stock exhaust or even back completely stock (with just the tune) and start over.
Dang you got a good budget committee or very deep pockets LOL (or is dyno time free down there??) [popcorn]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #157
Always good to get some info from the company/manufacturer before saying anything if it could be taken bad.

Learned that long ago, its a good idea. And a good company will do their best to remedy the issue.
Yeah, I am not worried either way. The good news is, I may go back to stock exhaust system and test the FSWERKs while I await Scorpions answers. Might get a test with the intake against my baseline and see if it fares better than the exhaust. It might just be as simple as needing some tweaking to the OTS Cobb AP map. There could also be something wrong with my car (though the way it runs I HIGHLY doubt that is the problem). I don't think this car learns to mods as well as a MAF vehicle does. Some people say speed density responds to mods better, most of the time this is true, but not always. I have run into this type of issue with speed density vehicles in the past. I have already alerted Scorpion and Essex and they are both looking into it.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #158
Dang you got a good budget committee or very deep pockets LOL (or is dyno time free down there??) [popcorn]
I am the budget committee. hahaha [rofl]. My first baseline run with Cobb was a freebie. My first run with LG cost me $90.00 and todays dyno run was $69.00 [confuse]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I am the budget committee. hahaha [rofl]. My first baseline run with Cobb was a freebie. My first run with LG cost me $90.00 and todays dyno run was $69.00 [confuse]
Ya thats a nice feature to have one man one vote LOL Not so bad on the pricing either :)

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #160
Ya thats a nice feature to have one man one vote LOL Not so bad on the pricing either :)
Oh I still have to talk to the wife about it... but I put back a lot of money to modify this car. I don't use our monthly budget money. hehehe