Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe's Blue by You Build

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
TD wheels were ordered right after the factory "OK'd" the 15x8 for production and then we had till the were shipped to the importer in Cali. In a slow boat from china after overlanding it from the Team D factory in England is my guess.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #64
I saw what you did there and I just thought they shipped by Camel over the continent through Burma and the port of Hong Kong then on a Boat ;) LOL
Yes the Team D factory is in the UK ... But If it went Via ship all the way no wonder it took so long and cost only that much for shipping... :)
I added a fix to the above china post...

Also ADDED two Pics of the Blue wheels and 205/45/17 Pilots Sport A/S3 tire.

I'm liking the dead pedal,so small I didn't notice it in the pic before, haha. Assume you did it yourself? Looks great!

-ry

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #66
I'm liking the dead pedal,so small I didn't notice it in the pic before, haha. Assume you did it yourself? Looks great!

-ry
Yes measured it up and had access to a water jet to punch it out and powered coat it ..

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I love the look of the SVT wheels. You should do a photoshoot.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
The 5-spoke SVT wheels are a great match for the FiST. You should get some ST center cap overlays.

XuperXero

15x8 +35???? That's pretty aggressive. Any side shots? I'm looking to make my car more flush with the fender by going some 17x7.5 +35. I might go 17x8 if it turns out flush with your offset and width...

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72
15x8 +35???? That's pretty aggressive. Any side shots? I'm looking to make my car more flush with the fender by going some 17x7.5 +35. I might go 17x8 if it turns out flush with your offset and width...

Let me know if these help :)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Hey Rod, what does it look like with the CO adjusted all the way down?

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #76
I will take it there for ya and grab some snaps as I want to play with it somemore and set the preload on the rears so I am sure i have it right..

Did you notice an increase in spool up and rpms. I wonder how much a set of those in 17's would weigh. Lowering the stock wheel and tire weight should help a lot on our cars

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #78
Well to be honest since I put the SVT 17's on the car seems a little lazy below 3500 rpm now as I had my narrow lighter 15 inch winter tires on. And these wheels and tires weigh the same as the stock units. Maybe it is just me I'll know better once it warms up and I can put the 15 in TD wheels on for testing purposes ;) But by then I am thinking COBB will have Stage 2 tunes out..

Hmm ok so the 15's feel good. I wanted to stick with the 17 in size all year round but only if I could go with a lighter set than stock so I see an improvement. Your car looks great btw

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #80
Thank you . If you can get lighter 17's will work and you could save weight with the brake upgrade too . My 15's took 10 lbs a wheel of in weight and that is noticable . I just wasn't willing to wait do I opted for 15's now I think there are lighter 17's out there.