Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance Fiesta ST Catback R&D | Pictures | Video | Information

maperformance

Click here for our complete R&D Product thread!

If you missed our last update (Downpipe R&D), please click here!

We have a whole lot of product that we are working on. However, the first one is finally completed and is only awaiting final dyno testing, the MAP Cat-back for the Fiesta ST. Below we will go over pictures of the designing process, the components used, features, and pricing.

We decided to stick with a 2.5" design for the stock turbo, going 3" on such a small turbo is just overkill and won't pick up any extra power, just make extra noise. With that decided we loaded up some 2.5" RathGibson 304SS tubing in our mandrel bender and went to work!

Here is a quick shot of the first version of our mid-pipe, which we later added a resonator to.

Next picture shows the routing of the exhaust around the gas tank and the first version of exhaust sleeve placement. These are not slip fit joints, these are high quality stainless exhaust sleeves, this allows us to connect two pieces of tubing without having to expand another tube to slide over it. This is the only way I recommend I suggest connecting two tubes without welding. They have proven to be leak free for us on many different applications, if the Germans use them....

We ended up changing the placement of the first sleeve closest to the crossbrace, it is now up front behind the resonator which allowed us to make the exhaust more compact for shipping, which saves the customer money in the end!

Another look, in the final production exhaust there will not be a weld joint here it will be one solid mandrel bent piece, but look at that color!

You can see our lead R&D Fabricator Andrew mocking up the rear section over the "axle" section of the exhaust.

Another angle of the over the axle section.

Now we get to the rear section, a 18" long VP 2.5" in and out muffler.

Then, the tip choice and placement. It is offset so it follows the contour of the bumper "diffuser" very well.

Overview of the catback:

-2.5" 100% mandrel bent RathGibson 304SS Tubing
-16" Stainless bottle resonator in mid-pipe
-MAP private label stainless sleeve joints
-18" 2.5" in/out rear muffler
-1/2" flange at downpipe connection (fits with stock or aftermarket downpipe)
-Twin 3" staggered, slash cut, rolled tips
-100% TIG welded with back-purging
-Lifetime Warranty

Last but not least, the video!

[video=youtube;Tfqx4P2pJ_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfqx4P2pJ_Y[/video]

Here is my personal opinion on the exhaust as I have been driving with it on the car (stock downpipe) for about a week now. I do a ton of driving, so the addition of the resonator was my idea to cure some of the drone that would occur between 3,000 and 4,000 when getting up to speed. With the resonator added it almost completely eliminated the drone, it's exactly how I would like it to be in a daily driven vehicle. Cruising down the highway it is no louder than stock, and when you lean into the throttle the sound symposer, if you still have it, is louder then the exhaust. You can hear it in the video during the in-cabin shots that is mostly the sound symposer doing its thing. Overall with its small change of the additional resonator it is the ultimate daily driver exhaust, if it is too quiet for you our off-road uncatted downpipe may be the solution for you. I did get a chance to pair it with our catted downpipe and the exhaust note didn't change at all, only a hair up top near the rev limiter was a touch different but that would go unnoticed to the untrained ear.

Now, the price! For this all 'merican made exhaust with a lifetime warranty you are looking at $699.99 shipped to your door in the lower 48 states. We do ship worldwide so if you are outside the USA please drop me a message for a shipping quote!

Complete off the car product pictures are coming soon, have the materials on the way and will start doing our first initial production run in the next week or so.

Thank you for looking!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Great job!

I don't recall seeing any dyno tests ever performed on the FiST for just a CBE alone...Will this CBE evaluation be performed with OE catted downpipe or with MAP downpipe?

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Looks really good and sounds great! I'm not a big fan of double wall or rolled tips, but these look ok... I do like how they are tucked under the valence a little bit compared to other designs. I prefer single wall slant tips though, preferably 3.5" each... but that's just me being a serious nitpicker. lol [facepalm]

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #5
looks good, nice work.
Thank you!

Great job!

I don't recall seeing any dyno tests ever performed on the FiST for just a CBE alone...Will this CBE evaluation be performed with OE catted downpipe or with MAP downpipe?
Stock downpipe, then we will do the downpipe testing with stock exhaust, then with our exhaust. Intake testing will be done with stock turboback then with our turboback.

Looks really good and sounds great! I'm not a big fan of double wall or rolled tips, but these look ok... I do like how they are tucked under the valence a little bit compared to other designs. I prefer single wall slant tips though, preferably 3.5" each... but that's just me being a serious nitpicker. lol [facepalm]
To each their own! I think they look great and fill the hole nicely, any bigger and it would be closer toe the ground and be odd looking in my opinion.

Young L

as ive mentioned in another companies exhaust thread, some straight cut tips would be a nice option since it seems like every exhaust for the car is slash cut. And also maybe a titanium tip option would be cool also.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #8
Love everything about it, including the tips. When I'm in the market this will be the one.
Thank you, drop me a line whenever you are ready!

as ive mentioned in another companies exhaust thread, some straight cut tips would be a nice option since it seems like every exhaust for the car is slash cut. And also maybe a titanium tip option would be cool also.
Thank you for the suggestions, I'm thinking some straight tips might be an option later down the line!

J2FoRS

I'll admit this does sound quite nice and looks great I like the double wall rolled for sure. It's just to pricey for me in the uppity north unfortunately. But great job on the development and implementation of the resonator to further reduce drone. Great looking product.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #10
I'll admit this does sound quite nice and looks great I like the double wall rolled for sure. It's just to pricey for me in the uppity north unfortunately. But great job on the development and implementation of the resonator to further reduce drone. Great looking product.
Thank you, appreciate the comments!

Rhinopolis

How about a special group buy combo price of this exhaust and your DP once the DP becomes available?[readthis]

Non. Vroom vroom.

Matter of fact, while we're on the subject of high quality exhausts...

Where are the 3" options? I know of MBRP, Injen. Where are the high quality 3" exhausts? Hmmm?

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #20
You probably know the answer to that lol. Since I'm in the 30 and up part I would prob be interested in a catted version
Thank you, noted!

Catted for me too, please
Got it!

Non. Vroom vroom.

Matter of fact, while we're on the subject of high quality exhausts...

Where are the 3" options? I know of MBRP, Injen. Where are the high quality 3" exhausts? Hmmm?
I will make a 3" exhaust down the line when we finish up our turbo kit upgrade! Non Catted - Noted.

Got it!

Noted!

Just a heads up, if you purchase an Accessport from us (HERE) and then add any MAPerformance products I will send a new tune file FREE OFF CHARGE! Loyal to the brand, loyal to the customers.