Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What oil brand do you use on your Fiesta ST?

What oil brand do you use on your Fiesta ST?

• Motorcraft

Votes: 119 27.1%
  • Havoline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quaker State

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Castro

Votes: 55 12.5%
  • Valvoline

Votes: 18 4.1%
  • Pennzoil

Votes: 71 16.2%
  • Mobil

Votes: 122 27.8%
  • Pure Gaurd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Redline

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 62 14.1%

• Total voters

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Just switched to rotella T6. Penzoil ultra platinum plus in not readily available in my area for some reason.

I'm just going to do first oil change at 2500 miles. I'll be going a base 5w 20 oil until 6k miles then switch to full synthetic. I'll be using RP Redline or Motul.

Can I go 5w 30 in this motor? It's my first 4 cyl. I ask because I have one two Quartz of 5w 30 Redline already.

I'm just going to do first oil change at 2500 miles. I'll be going a base 5w 20 oil until 6k miles then switch to full synthetic. I'll be using RP Redline or Motul.

Can I go 5w 30 in this motor? It's my first 4 cyl. I ask because I have one two Quartz of 5w 30 Redline already.
Yes, the same engine in EU and SAP specs 5w30. Unless you are concerned about the possibility of an overbearing Ford service department pushing the issue of your warranty. Theyd loose in court and likely would never go electing to settle or back down, but the pain may not be worth it. That said Redline 5w30 is considerably thinker HTHS than most 5w30s and certainly thicker than the 5w30 spec'd outside NA.

Changed to M1 5-20 at 1,000 Miles. About to do my second change at 9,000 miles. Probably continue using this.

I did my first two oil changed with the OEM fluid (1k and 4K). Starting at 7k i switched to the Amsoil 5w-20 signature series. I created an account to buy the wholesale price. It was $10 for 6 months or $20 for the year and brought the price down to $6 or $7 a quart. I had ford do the first service at 10k and put the Amsoil in. I will now change it ever 5k.

Anyone running the "German" Castrol 0w-30? Ran this in my LS motor with great results. I know its a completely different engine, but a good oil is a good oil.

Used Mobil 1 for the first one then I just used amsoil which I will be sticking to. Got Mobil because it was on sale and my local napa gives me a deal on amsoil usually so that's what I will do

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I used Motorcraft semi syn for first change at 1k. Anybody else notice a moly colored tinge to the factory fill?

What brand of oil do you use?

took my car to a Ford dealer to have it serviced and I swear they didn't do anything to the car so i'm just going to change the oil myself! Any advice on which oil brand I should use? does it even matter what branf? I'm about to order a case of royal purple oil and filter and install soon.