Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What oil brand do you use on your Fiesta ST?

What oil brand do you use on your Fiesta ST?

• Motorcraft

Votes: 119 27.1%
  • Havoline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quaker State

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Castro

Votes: 55 12.5%
  • Valvoline

Votes: 18 4.1%
  • Pennzoil

Votes: 71 16.2%
  • Mobil

Votes: 122 27.8%
  • Pure Gaurd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Redline

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 62 14.1%

• Total voters

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Looks like I'm going to be switching from Royal Purple to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Pure Plus.... There is a ton of information in this link, it took me about an hour to skim through it.
https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/
that does have a lot of well-documented info- has anyone got an opinion about the Quaker State Ultimate Durabilty full synthetic that was very highly rated (3rd out of over 150 oils tested) on there? I hadn't seen anyone mention it on the intake valve carbon buildup thread,and had not thought of QS as one of the better oils

EDIT- I clicked on the poll results, only 1 out of 224 people using it

JTP

Looks like I'm going to be switching from Royal Purple to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Pure Plus.... There is a ton of information in this link, it took me about an hour to skim through it.
https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/
I think going with the regular Pennzoil Platinum PP is the better choice due to less additives for the valve build up. If I wasn't taking my ST on the track or anything that is what I would use.

I think going with the regular Pennzoil Platinum PP is the better choice due to less additives for the valve build up. If I wasn't taking my ST on the track or anything that is what I would use.
I made that swap at 20k. Went from Mobil 1 to the Pennzoil.

I went on the hunt last night for the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Pure Plus(mouthful)...Walmart, autozone, or discount auto parts doesn't carry it. They only have the regular platinum. I'm going to check out Pep Boys tonight which shows that they have it at my local one by the quart only.

I found the Ultra at Pep Boys so I went with that. I changed the oil over the weekend. So far so good.

Anyone try Joe Gibbs racing oils? 5w-20

Designed for high performance Ford modular engines. Utilizes advanced synthetic base oils to provide high temperature and high shear protection.

I used this brand with my Shelby.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Anyone try Joe Gibbs racing oils? 5w-20

Designed for high performance Ford modular engines. Utilizes advanced synthetic base oils to provide high temperature and high shear protection.

I used this brand with my Shelby.
I started using Driven Oil at the request of the builder who did a pushrod 5.0 engine for me. No issues as yet.

I emailed Driven about oil for the FIST and was advised to use LS30. Its been in the car just over 3k miles now.

I am curious to find out if I have more or less residues in my Damond catch can since I have switched from Motorcraft synthetic blend to the Driven Oil.