Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's 2015 Fiesta ST build thread

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Today was a neat day, I got to meet a faraway forum member in person!

Aaron aka [MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION] came by my place in GA on the way back to MN from vacay in the FL keys! And, he bought my OEM wheels! Got to meet his family and see his car, what a great guy!

Here are the two cars:

Thanks again Jeff! It was cool to meet another Forum member and take some stuff off your hands! Wish we had more time! Maybe next time!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #282
Whats up folks!

Totally unrelated to Fiesta STs but thought I'd post on my thread here, I drove my ST today for the first time in about 3 weeks because........I've been spending so much time on my beater lately. 1998 Civic LX auto tranny...had this car 4 years, sold it to kid #1, who drove it a few years then went USAF and sold it back to me, then sold it to kid #2, who drove it a few years then went USAF and sold it back to me, that was 3 weeks ago, I bought the car back for $1400...then something happened. I've looked at this car sitting in the driveway neglected by 2 teenagers for the last 4 years, now I own it again....and for some reason I started giving it some love, putting parts on it and modding it, and in the last month or so I've added...

Ebay header (exhaust manifold was cracked...only $38)
Ebay intake (why not for only $32?)
Wheels from a 7th gen hybrid Civic ($22 each, junkyard)
A rear OEM spoiler (junkyard again)
Vinyl'd the roof black along with all silver trim/emblems
Window tint
Front and rear lower lips
A few other things...

All that was about $350 if you can believe it (mostly junkyard for the OEM stuff, everything else is super cheap)...so I'm $1800 into this car, the A/C works great and it rolls down the road nice and smooth. Also in my kids' tutelage it received new brakes, a radiator, and new tires.

Anyhow the car is getting 40+ mpg and I'm having fun with it. My Fiesta is a bit jealous. It's nice to have a beater again. Call me crazy I know.......

A few pics (sorry Fiesta):

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #284
What's up folks!

Weather wasn't the usual sweltering humidity this morning so on the way to church I did some 3rd gear pulls. I've wanted to measure airflow mass since changing my intakes a few months back and I'm happy to report that all is well. This is only after 2 pulls, and I didn't hit redline, only about 6500rpms....I could have done more but ran out of road and time.

31.43 isn't bad at all for a catted downpipe setup!!! I'm very happy with this result!!!

The X47 is doing great - still getting 30-31mpg, about 350-380 miles per tank mixed city/hwy driving. Next week I'm planning to do a "one-year later" review and post a video.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #285
Update on all things Fiesta...............

It's been a few months since I've done any mods on this car, I think I might be done...I am considering LSD however, there's a guy who installs for $300 here which is a bargain. So $550 for LSD + install + fluids etc. gets me around <$1k. That is a total bargain but I keep asking myself why spend the money, I don't track the car nor do I do the type of driving in town that would benefit from having LSD, so all it means for me is two wheel burnouts instead of one wheel burnouts. I know it would help though, but I dunno I just don't have the passion to do this upgrade right now for some reason.

But here are a few things:

Interesting "ST" cloud formation the other night:

Hand painted by me for my daughter, to match my car, she is in love with it maybe more than me...it even has the gray swooshes on the sides:

And this, for fun....lots of thumbs downs already but what the heck, I despise clickbait and that's not why I made this...if anything it's a parody on clickbait because I just don't give a crap, and it was fun:

[video=youtube;f9UnrPmaj5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9UnrPmaj5g&lc=z22ztzbp5w3lwj1oi04t1aokgursbmktvzadbunn4wlnrk0h00410[/video]

[cool]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
That is one good deal for sure. I get not having a passion to do something it's just like blah who cares. I would never do a LSD because I'm just not interested. I sure do wish they would order our work trucks with LSD though I'm tired of getting stuck with one wheel spinning. Hopefully you don't get too much rain down there from the Hurricane. I live in the Piedmont of North Carolina people were freaking out like no tomorrow, and it turned out to be really no big deal.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Jeff....now she needs to create and paint a mini you to stand next to the car! Looks like she may have the Automotive bug like you....that's hard to do in the land of video games....tablets and non educational stuff. I remember when my Father and I would go to Car shows almost every month ...sometimes more...especially for Corvettes. I used to buy my dad Diecasts and make models for his office....it was memorable. I thank him for getting me into Automotive anything.....Thanks Dad!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
An ST sign in the sky. It's a clue!

You heard about the FBI shutting down the observatory in Sunspot, NM? I think the aliens are coming for our cars! [8]

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #292
What's up good people...

I'm fighting to do SOMETHING....ANYTHING to this car....the mod bug it biting but I'm mostly immune to it. Seems like this happens over and over to me...maybe you can relate. This is the 4th time this has happened, the 4th car....I get a car, mod it, which takes 2-3 years to get it where I want it, then I get bored and sell it and start over.

Now I will NOT sell this car and I'm NOT bored of it....but I am at a place here where there simply aren't any more mods I want to do. I considered LSD but it's just not worth it for my driving style/needs. I have the power level I want. Suspension mods are fantastic. Love my wheels. Got my tires of choice. Tech/bling mods are in place. Just nothing left to do here.

I do love the car and still smile every time I drive it. I anticipate keeping this car for a very long time simply because there's nothing else as balanced and unique that I'd want to get next. But I am in a place where I've stopped spending money and tinkering with it. Feels weird. Just drive and wash and enjoy. Guess that's OK.

I did however find a like new breather cap for $50 which I just installed. Did I need this? No. Will it help the car in some small way? Yes, a bit.

Meh. Philosophizing over. Thanks for reading.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I always get an itch from time to time but usually something small will do. Like that breather cap. I'll tell the wife that I need to buy something even if small just to feel like I didnt stop. Money usually stops me from the big ones. Some sort of turbo upgrade will happen. Just dont know when or witch one now because of the new options.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #295
What is your updated build? Did you do charge pipes, exhaust, turbo elbow?
I installed turbo elbow over a year ago when I installed the X47. Same with exhaust. Charge pipes, meh, I'm not convinced they are necessary unless being used for a meth port.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #298
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I ended up getting some LED fogs. I've been wanting something to help with lighting, saw a set used which interested me but I decided on new. Also I had a set of free ones on the way from someone on the forum looking for reviewers (free product if reviewed) but they were yellow and I wanted white so I declined. Plus after reading the reviews of these I couldn't resist. There are a few threads on these already with some great info. Here are a few shots of comparison and a video:

New vs. old

New vs. old

Vid review
[video=youtube;6oACaFDk38Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oACaFDk38Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Purchase link
https://www.cjponyparts.com/diode-d...us-st-2013-2014-fiesta-st-2014-2018/p/FGLA41/

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I ended up getting some LED fogs. I've been wanting something to help with lighting, saw a set used which interested me but I decided on new. Also I had a set of free ones on the way from someone on the forum looking for reviewers (free product if reviewed) but they were yellow and I wanted white so I declined. Plus after reading the reviews of these I couldn't resist. There are a few threads on these already with some great info. Here are a few shots of comparison and a video:

New vs. old

New vs. old

Vid review
[video=youtube;6oACaFDk38Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oACaFDk38Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Purchase link
https://www.cjponyparts.com/diode-d...us-st-2013-2014-fiesta-st-2014-2018/p/FGLA41/
Can these be changed out without removing the whole bumper?