Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 fiesta st overheating

Hey guys any known problems of this happening mine started to over heat yesterday under heavy accelerating 100% stock

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
They can't find nothing wrong with it fans are working properly and its full of coolant

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Let it over heat and they can't/won't fix it or mod it to keep it from over heating so they can blame that and won't fix it, lol. Good ole Ford.
Remember this when you buy your next car.
Also notice they have pretty much disappeared from the forum...

Rhinopolis

Hey guys any known problems of this happening mine started to over heat yesterday under heavy accelerating 100% stock
What were the conditions and how were you driving it when it overheated? I see that you are in FL (I'm in Houston) and I have yet to overheat mine. I plan to start modifying to help the engine cool down better soon..

If you are still on the stock oil, change it to a heavier synthetic. I use Amsoil 10w30 and my temps are a bit lower on my daily commutes than previously. Normal driving after an hour will see temps in the 205-210 region, and under heavy acceleration I have seen as high as 219.

What does "started to overheat" mean? Did you just see the gauge spike up and return and only for the seconds you had your foot buried? You need to give a lot more info than this.

JasonHaven

One of the things that helped convince me about the FiST is their social media presence, including these forums... but now I'm seeing they're gone, and an increase in dealers trying to get out of their warranties. I mean, its pretty normal for big companies... but its always disappointing knowing that they couldn't give a damn about their customers.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
One of the things that helped convince me about the FiST is their social media presence, including these forums... but now I'm seeing they're gone, and an increase in dealers trying to get out of their warranties. I mean, its pretty normal for big companies... but its always disappointing knowing that they couldn't give a damn about their customers.
Its not just ford.... But they disappoint me the most. I'm always blown away when people have bad experiences then go buy another one, lol. Sorta like democrats and republicans, lol. Keep voting for D-bags and you get.... D-bags. Lol.

I see ford and chevy learned nothing from their cars of the mid-90's besides they can suck ass, mis-treat people, and the government will just bail them out. Making record profits and sales but refuse to take care of some tiny issues ( in the big picture ) and when it comes back to bit them in the ass, "no worries, the check from the US government is in the mail".

I hope in 20 years, no one but Tesla is left standing.

When you buy a Tesla, you buy it from.... Tesla. When you buy anything else, you don't buy it from Ford/chevy/yota. You buy it from "Joe Billy Bob downtown motors Ford". Which means.... They make a killing off just being the middle man.

My money hungry ex wife works at a ford dealer and the things I've heard... Its like I'm dorthey and I've seen the man behind the curtain, and I know there is no "OZ". I've seen pretty deep and just about everything they do or say is a lie. Lets just say the $55,000.00 F150 didn't happen without help. And us suckers ( americans ) still can't buy enough of them, just finance them for 7 or 8 or 10 years !!!

Ok... Rant over, I'll let you guys finish bitching about ford while shopping for another FORD ( see focus RS ) lol.

OP
D
Thread Starter #14
I'd have to say I've always been a Chevy guy but it looks like after this car I'll be going back to my chevys

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'd have to say I've always been a Chevy guy but it looks like after this car I'll be going back to my chevys
Sorry man. I hate when people dish on other peoples new car ( even if its a sucky one one like a V6 genesis or something, lol ).

I'd say just document it the best you can and make them extend the bumper to bumper.

I've yet to see a blown head gasket. But I did crack a head, lol. At least our head gaskets are bad ass :)

me32

1000 Post Club
Its sad to see some of you with such terrible dealership experience. I guess ive been very fortunate. Ford and my dealers have been great for me. Always fix what i needed fixed and very reliable cars/trucks

Common issue is coolant leak at the joint in the coolant pipe just behind the head but then you would have seen at least some coolant level drop

I see ford and chevy learned nothing from their cars of the mid-90's besides they can suck ass, mis-treat people, and the government will just bail them out. Making record profits and sales but refuse to take care of some tiny issues ( in the big picture ) and when it comes back to bit them in the ass, "no worries, the check from the US government is in the mail".
For the sake of accuracy Ford didn't accept any government bailout money. Nice rant though!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
For the sake of accuracy Ford didn't accept any government bailout money. Nice rant though!
I do have to give ford props there. Nissan and Yota didn't take bail out money either, lol.

Did ford motor credit take bail out money like GMAC did?

jayrod1980

Common issue is coolant leak at the joint in the coolant pipe just behind the head but then you would have seen at least some coolant level drop
Could you describe this more in detail? I feel like I have a ticking time bomb here. I live in Vegas, and have not had anything past 80 degrees the whole time I've been here so far with the car. In fact, it's been Fall/Winter so temps have been pretty low. I do notice my coolant res line is just at/below min when cold. It sits right at the middle when warm. Should this line be near max when warm? I've removed my exhaust manifold heat shield a few times, so I've pushed/bent that coolant line. I seem to get under the car about every other week or so so I haven't noticed any coolant leaks or stains so far, but I'm no expert at any of this. Other than the tell-tale smell of coolant, what should I look for? Where exactly is this line that leaks? I feel like kicking myself now for not jumping on that $495 mishimoto radiator pre-sale they had going. $495 is much easier to stomach than $700. Ugh.