Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune MP215 Upgrade installed on my 2016 FiST: my impressions

Just got the Mountune MP215 upgrade installed today on my 2016 Fiesta ST. I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or not yet. Pre-MP215, my Fiesta had good pickup in 1st, really good in 2nd and 3rd, but even had pull in gears 4-6. Pre-upgrade, you could give the car 1/2 throttle in 5th or 6th gear and still accelerate, even up hills (could feel the turbo kick in when this happened). Post-upgrade, the car seems to have lost that gear 4-6 turbo engagement....the turbo engagement now in those gears is very very subtle. I even needed to downshift on one particular hill today in order to accelerate. To be fair, in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, the car is now a beast and seems to pull very hard, although it just seems that the overall acceleration and turbo boost suffered. Does anyone else have the upgrade on a '15 or '16 Fiesta ST that could offer their input? Is it just me, or do others share a similar experience? On a very plus side, I got my Fiesta professionally detailed, paint corrected and CQuartz UK applied. I'll try to attach pics.....very impressed with the CQuartz UK, seems to be doing a great job at keeping the car and wheels clean. The detailer spent 20 hours working on my car, and did note that my car has what he called "sticky paint". This is paint that, at the factory, was mixed improperly causing it to be softer than normal car paint. This made his job EXTREMELY difficult, but his perseverance paid off in the end. Well, that's all for now!!

Attachments

I was told to not give it that much boost in 6 gear because it will mess with the engine somehow (only for manual 6 speed trans fuel injected cars I believe ).for your question I have a 14 with the mp215 and its awesome you're right with gears 1-3 being a beast but I would add 4th gear too as being a "beast " .your car looks amazing! what exactly did the detailer do ? wax?

Car looks excellent. I've had the MP215 on my '15 for about 10k miles, and still remember the noticeable improvement over stock. For me there was noticeable improvement in all gears, especially 3rd. I wouldn't expect and don't recall any additional turbo lag from the tune over stock. The boost is limited in the MP215 in 1st and 2nd... I don't think I exceed 20psi in 1st or 2nd on the MP215. Keep in mind the stock tune is good for 19psi. I am able to hit 23psi after 2nd gear (not always, I can hit 22.5 consistently though). What psi are you hitting in 3rd-6th? Your car shouldn't have lost any performance in those gears.

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
I was told to not give it that much boost in 6 gear because it will mess with the engine somehow (only for manual 6 speed trans fuel injected cars I believe ).for your question I have a 14 with the mp215 and its awesome you're right with gears 1-3 being a beast but I would add 4th gear too as being a "beast " .your car looks amazing! what exactly did the detailer do ? wax?
hey chin! I would agree with you, 4th gear is also pretty good, but on my car, I can tell the power tapers off leading into 5th and 6th. Thanks, the detailer performed a full wash and paint correction. From the factory, there were many minor paint flaws such as small scratches, contamination in the paint and swirl marks from the dealer "detailing" the car before sale to me. The detailer removed probably 99% of all imperfections from the paint, then applied a nanocoating called CQuartz UK. This coating contains quartz and silica, and instead of being a layer overtop of the paint, I believe it actually bonds with the paint creating a protective layer over the paint. The benefits are supposed to be that bird droppings, bug splatter and most other minor kinds of dirt will wash off very easily from the car. It also protects against minor scratching. In effect, I should not have to wax the car at all for roughly 2 years....the detailer said that I should be able to just bucket wash the car, rinse and dry, and it can look the same as the pictures I've posted in my original post :) Time will tell on that, but so far it seems to be keeping most kinds of dirt off of the paint....and as for the wheels, I was cleaning them every other day as a thick layer of brake dust would be on them. It's been close to a week, and I STILL haven't needed to clean the wheels as there is only a minor layer of brake dust. So far, I would highly recommend the CQuartz UK (or similar) coating! I paid $600, which isn't bad for the detailer spending 20 hours on the car.

OP
R
Thread Starter #5
I'll have to connect the Accessport and see what the boost is in 3rd-6th gears....it definitely seems to me that the boost doesn't come on strong at all in 5th and 6th gear especially. Before the MP215, I could press the accelerator down in 5th or 6th and feel the turbo kick on fairly strongly.....not so much now though. And thanks, hope that the CQuartz pans out...it seems legit!!

Could be wrong, but I thought I read where the computer still has to learn when a fresh flash is installed. My memory of the stock performance is fading, but winding it up in 3rd and 4th gear is where it shined.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I've found Mountunes tunes to be extremely conservative. If not satisfied, I would talk to Stratified about making you a flash tune for $50.

OP
R
Thread Starter #8
I believe you are right...after a few days of driving the higher gears are back to normal and now just have more power throughout!! Pretty pleased with the MP215![clap]

First off, your black fiST looks quite amazing, a mirror like finish. The gent did an amazing job.
I've very interested in getting the Mountune MP215 upgrade.
I would like to see what it gives, so is there anyone in southern California that has the MP215 tune that I could meet up with for a test ride in your car?
PM me and we can set something up.
The beauty is Mountune is located in Socal so they can do the install for me.