Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P0507 then p2282

Earlier last week I installed my JBR OCC and my Mountune intake box/induction hose. Car drove fine for about a day or so, and then my CEL popped and code 0507 showed up. I checked my hoses, and connections and all seemed well. I cleared the code and went about the day. Later that night I was driving home and the CEL popped again. This time 2282 showed up, and after checking my intake everything seems fine again. I cleared the code, the car seems to run fine, but it continues to pop up. Any thought or remedies to this issue? I am looking into a CFM breather cap, as well as replacing the JBR hoses. Would brand new quick connect fittings help? I wasn't comfortable cutting the stock ones off for the can as it was. I hate that my car had a little over 6K miles and is throwing codes. Simple mods shouldn't do that. I am mechanically sound, but this is my first turbo car that I'm modding so I expect some annoyances. The car is tuned with a Tune+ tune and had an FS Werks shift kit, Boomba shift bracket bushings, JBR OCC, and Mountune intake system. Thanks for the help guys and I hope I explained everything clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if you have done this, but have you tried removing the OCC and putting it back to stock to see if the code still comes back?

Earlier last week I installed my JBR OCC and my Mountune intake box/induction hose. Car drove fine for about a day or so, and then my CEL popped and code 0507 showed up. I checked my hoses, and connections and all seemed well. I cleared the code and went about the day. Later that night I was driving home and the CEL popped again. This time 2282 showed up, and after checking my intake everything seems fine again. I cleared the code, the car seems to run fine, but it continues to pop up. Any thought or remedies to this issue? I am looking into a CFM breather cap, as well as replacing the JBR hoses. Would brand new quick connect fittings help? I wasn't comfortable cutting the stock ones off for the can as it was. I hate that my car had a little over 6K miles and is throwing codes. Simple mods shouldn't do that. I am mechanically sound, but this is my first turbo car that I'm modding so I expect some annoyances. The car is tuned with a Tune+ tune and had an FS Werks shift kit, Boomba shift bracket bushings, JBR OCC, and Mountune intake system. Thanks for the help guys and I hope I explained everything clearly.

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
Unfortunately JBRs lines require that you cut the quick connects off. At this point I couldn't go back to stock without getting new stuff. VERY disappointed with the JBR catch can.

Is the general consensus that the issue is with the can, or is there anything I should check on the intake side just to be sure?

Ok, so your code p2282 suggests that you have an air leak between your TB and Intake. Were you able to tighten down all the clamp connections of your OCC? Did you remove your intake or disconnect your TB for any reasons?

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
I switched to a Mountune hose and air box, but had zero issues with it before the first code popped. My clamps are quite tight. Should I loosen them a bit and relieve some pressure on the hose? I know on the Mountune box they tell you that the stock top should bend a little but I don't think that would cause it.

All the clamps on my OCC are snug as well. However, I'm kind of worried that the small hose was not big enough and that maybe it's stretched a bit far or maybe the connector isn't in as far as it should be.

I was looking for a recommendation on new hoses for it as I've read the ones that come with are not good.

Ok, so we can probably r/o the Mountune air box as the cause of your problem. This occurred after you installed the OCC. Try realigning all your hoses going to the OCC and tighten all your clamps (more than snug) on the OCC again and see if the code comes back.

OP
J
Thread Starter #7
I'd like to replace the OCC lines to avoid any further issues as I've seen people have. Are there certain ones you'd recommend? It's raining here today so I'll have to go buy the hose and swap them on the next clear day.

OP
J
Thread Starter #8
I'd like to replace the OCC lines to avoid any further issues as I've seen people have. Are there certain ones you'd recommend? It's raining here today so I'll have to go buy the hose and swap them on the next clear day.

Sounds reasonable. I have the Mishimoto OCC with their silicone tubings. If you can find something like that, I think it will serve you well.

OP
J
Thread Starter #10
Still waiting for someone at Mishimoto to respond to me. Still trying to locate better hoses so I can make the swap.

After driving the car a bit, it seems my code has switched back to the 0507. Is that weird, or is the other code still there just stored/hidden?

If anyone knows of a great place to get lines like the Mishimoto Kit I would be very appreciative of the info.

OP
J
Thread Starter #12
I posted in their thread, but I'll try and PM her. Still getting used to this forum stuff lol.

OP
J
Thread Starter #14
So let me ask you this... Could the code be caused by my Tune+ tune? I have yet to send him a log to get a revision, maybe when that happens he can either fix it, or remove it, as long as it doesn't hurt the car?

You had the Tune+ well before the OCC and Mountune installation, right? If it were due to Tune+, I would think that the problem would have reared its head back then. This occurred after the Mountune and OCC installation, so there must be an air leak somewhere? All your harnesses are plugged in tightly? Would not hurt to send Adam a Log to see if he can pick up anything. Your idle is fine, right?

OP
J
Thread Starter #16
Seems to idle okay, although I do have an occasional dip and it seems like the car could die, but it comes back after a second. I do believe everything is tight. I am going to send a log over to Adam this weekend and see if he sees anything. I'll also be double checking all connections. I'm hoping to locate some hose locally as the small hose on my OCC is stretched tightly with little give.

I saw on another post you posted that the clamps have to be quite tight as they can leak. The instructions said only snug from JBR. Quite confusing/misleading I suppose. Hence the reason I want better hosing so I can just re do the hose and get new quick connectors.

OP
J
Thread Starter #17
Seems to idle okay, although I do have an occasional dip and it seems like the car could die, but it comes back after a second. I do believe everything is tight. I am going to send a log over to Adam this weekend and see if he sees anything. I'll also be double checking all connections. I'm hoping to locate some hose locally as the small hose on my OCC is stretched tightly with little give.

I saw on another post you posted that the clamps have to be quite tight as they can leak. The instructions said only snug from JBR. Quite confusing/misleading I suppose. Hence the reason I want better hosing so I can just re do the hose and get new quick connectors.

Yes, in my situation, I had to tighten the clamps down tight. When it was "snugged", I was getting air leak and oil residue on the tubing. When the boost came on, it was as if a hose popped off and I was getting an audible constant pssshhh sound [thumbdown]. Hope Adam can figure it out for you. But, in the mean time, just tighten down those clamps.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Sorry if I missed it, but is the petcock valve closed?

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

OP
J
Thread Starter #20
You guys have been great so far thanks for all the input!

Hijinx, here comes a noob questions... Petcock valve? Please enlighten me.