Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hey All

Hey guys just purchased my new 2016 ST, coming from a big turbo SRT4 can say i couldn't be happier with the car. No big plans for it now but does anyone know if there is an exhaust that won't void the warranty the car comes with. Thanks and can't wait to be a part of this community.
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice color combo. Welcome. As for exhaust, there is a lot of commentary on here about warranty stuff. Basically Ford would have to prove that your aftermarket exhaust caused whatever your warranty claim is. Broken seat latch? You're covered. Catastrophic engine failure? You're going to be in for a fight.
That said there is a Ford Racing exhaust that is apparently very nice and also costly. Adding Ford Racing or Mountune parts through a dealer or certified ASE mechanic won't void your warranty.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome Aboard.

Dave

Most of us said we weren't going to modify our car until it was out of warranty also. [rofl] That's a great color and as long as you don't change the down pipe you shouldn't have any worries about the warranty.

OP
T
Thread Starter #10
well after spending so much on the SRT4 just kinda want to keep this a little more on the calm side, also that boomba bov adapter would that cause troubles with the warranty situation?

well after spending so much on the SRT4 just kinda want to keep this a little more on the calm side, also that boomba bov adapter would that cause troubles with the warranty situation?
Any mod has the possibility to cause warranty issues as long as the dealership can reasonably suggest there's a connection between said modification and your reason for bringing it in for work. Fortunately the BOV and adapter could easily be removed and put back to stock if you were ever in a pinch. My personal opinion: the BOV is just a noise maker and your money would be better spent else where. But that's just my 2 cents.

OP
T
Thread Starter #12
Hey man i appreciate the 2cents i just live in myrtle beach and we have a pretty cool blvd and it would just sound awesome cruising down that street with it, its only 75 bucks or so so not a terrible monetary expense and very true it looked simple enough to install so i imagine uninstalling it would be just as easy. just would there be anyway for the dealership to know that it was once on it ?

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Hey man i appreciate the 2cents i just live in myrtle beach and we have a pretty cool blvd and it would just sound awesome cruising down that street with it, its only 75 bucks or so so not a terrible monetary expense and very true it looked simple enough to install so i imagine uninstalling it would be just as easy. just would there be anyway for the dealership to know that it was once on it ?
If you installed our BOV adapter and then took it off before going to the dealer, there would be no way for them to know the part was ever installed. :)

In regards to warranty:

Certain dealers can be more picky than others when it comes to aftermarket parts. Some dealers are fine with mods whereas other dealers will not accept any mods. We always tell the customer to ask the service advisor first for what’s acceptable at any given dealership and if you have any doubts to return the car to stock form before bringing it in to a dealer. This part is only held on by three bolts and a plug, so if you ever did want to remove it before going to a dealer for service, it can be removed very quickly.

Furthermore there is a law called the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act that states in order for a dealer to deny warranty work on your car, they have to prove the aftermarket part you have installed caused your issue. For example if your window stops working and you have a cold air intake, the dealer is not going to void your warranty. It is illegal for a dealer to void your warranty for simply having aftermarket parts installed.

If you have any further questions, please let us know!