Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
So finally in the market for a downpipe, only thing I need for stage 3. My two choices are decatted 2jr racing or cobbs catted? Any feedback or help would be appreciated!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
So finally in the market for a downpipe, only thing I need for stage 3. My two choices are decatted 2jr racing or cobbs catted? Any feedback or help would be appreciated!
Go catless, cheaper, more power. If you care about stinky ness stick with the Cobb then but it's a bit too much

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Is it really that smelly? That's my only concern. Have you had any concerns with your 2jr pipe?
At a stand-still, you are going to smell it, it doesn't bother me. If your only concern is it smells or not, go with the catted DP (still smellier then stock or just stay stock)

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
At a stand-still, you are going to smell it, it doesn't bother me. If your only concern is it smells or not, go with the catted DP (still smellier then stock or just stay stock)
It's a concern but not worth not getting it. Ha. I don't want to spend the extra 150 dollars just catted especially if I'm losing power. I was also worried about emissions but Joe said he hasn't had any problems with his car and emissions and it's hard to see anyway.

FistSt215

I was catless on my speed 3. Let me tell at idle it stinks I can smell inside the car with windows up. With emissions I thought I was for sure to failed. When I was getting my snow tires mounted and balance at a meinke, they asked if I wanted my inspection done . I said ummm, they said don't worry you passed with flying colors . I was shocked that I pass with catless TBE lol

With past cars I did not have a problem with the smell because it is only on rare occasions that I have people gathered around my car and need to leave it on. Other than that you are driving and wont notice it. Lighter colored cars however may suffer from the black stain above the exhaust on the rear bumper.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I was catless on my speed 3. Let me tell at idle it stinks I can smell inside the car with windows up. With emissions I thought I was for sure to failed. When I was getting my snow tires mounted and balance at a meinke, they asked if I wanted my inspection done . I said ummm, they said don't worry you passed with flying colors . I was shocked that I pass with catless TBE lol
That's the only thing I'm really worried about is the smell but if it isn't that bad I'll probably go that route then.

With past cars I did not have a problem with the smell because it is only on rare occasions that I have people gathered around my car and need to leave it on. Other than that you are driving and wont notice it. Lighter colored cars however may suffer from the black stain above the exhaust on the rear bumper.
Luckily my car is black but I don't want that shit on my car either way. I'll be watching out for that if I do decide to go the catless route. I just like the money saving. Ha.

Siestarider

All depends on Charge Air Temp. If you are keeping it below 100 degrees F, DP is useful. If not, get better IC first.

I'm going catless, purchased the prototype piece from MAP. I'm considering an electric cutout right after it. Talk about burbles, pops, stink and flames lol [tongue]

Looks great! I see your setup doesn't have a cat-back, which is what I wanna do. Can you post a video to hear how it sounds with the oem exhaust?

Looks great! I see your setup doesn't have a cat-back, which is what I wanna do. Can you post a video to hear how it sounds with the oem exhaust?
I have catless dhm with oem catback. No video but it's quieter than I've seen in videos. Marginally louder than stock.