Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Finally! Bought my Orange Spice FiST. San Diego Area New Member

My MK5 GTI was getting long in the tooth, 150K miles, 11 years. I've been looking at the FiST since 2016, but once the Orange Spice color came out in 17, I was hooked, had to have one. Being a paint upgrade and new color, the dealers were all wanting RIDICULOUS amounts for the car here in SoCal when the cars hit their lots. So, I waited. And waited. And... Started chatting with an internet guy at Mossy Ford in PB once Ford slapped that year-end 3000 dollar discount on the car in September. He kept at me until I finally pulled the trigger on Haloween. The only color they were selling that day. Kidding even if a bit true, since this was the last FiST on the lot. They were super motivated to move the car, they have lots of ginormous SUVs to sell to 'Muricans. Got it for just over $18k!

Despite all the press and ENDLESS repeats of FiST Youtubes that I had consumed, I was completely unprepared for how well this car handles. First hard turn I took, I actually burst out in giggles, I shit you not. The difference between the GTI and the fist was like the difference between steering a sled downhill and steering skis.

Here's the crazy part. I had signed up for my very first Autocross, a novice day, about a month before the purchase, had every intention of running my GTI in it, not knowing the VW would be a trade-in before Autocross day arrived. Probably should NOT have run a car with only 600 miles on it in an AutoX, but did anyway! I immediately gained an even greater appreciation for the very, very high limits of handling and grip in the car. Holy crap thats the most amount of fun you can have with your clothes on. Plus helmet. Highly recommend it. There were three other FiSTs running, two white and one black, so shout out if you were one of those dudes. Glad to be part of the club. Cheers!

Last edited:
OP
F
Thread Starter #2
FB and IG are blocked at my work, so don't know where to host a photo of my car to upload. Any suggestions? Thanks, all. How do you get a pic from the gallery to here?

Nice pick up! I was actually stalking that Orange Spice one at Mossy because they had it listed on Autotrader cheaper than most. Happened to drive over there about a week or so ago to see about taking it for a test drive and it was gone. Worked out good though because I ended up with a white one which was my first color choice. Congrats on the FiST, great to see another SD new owner - also, I traded a 2014 VW GLI in for mine, haha.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Congrats on the Orange Spice, I have been looking to pickup a Orange Spice with Smoke Storm Recaros. I originally thought I could take a base but after comparing the seats Recaros became a must. I also do not want molten orange ones. So I have a choice between 3 cars in 3 different states nearby (up to 1k away) lol. Two have sunroofs one doesn't and its down to pricing as the non sunroof car is about 1200-1700 more.

Congrats on the Orange Spice, I have been looking to pickup a Orange Spice with Smoke Storm Recaros. I originally thought I could take a base but after comparing the seats Recaros became a must. I also do not want molten orange ones. So I have a choice between 3 cars in 3 different states nearby (up to 1k away) lol. Two have sunroofs one doesn't and its down to pricing as the non sunroof car is about 1200-1700 more.
I'm only 5' 9", but I still say get it without the sunroof. More head room/space inside the car without it :)

At 5'11" I have no headroom issues with the sunroof + Recaro combo. If you get both you'll be able to tell people the car is "fully loaded" and sound cool so there's that. It's a pretty good sunroof too, with it tilted up it's quiet enough to not really notice it's open on the highway. I haven't tried it too many times fully open at it's freezing outside already but from what I've experienced it's not too noisy at all.

Congratulations on your new FiST, especially since you were wise and bought the best color [like]