Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

POLL: What Tune are you using on your Fiesta ST?

What Tune are you using on your Fiesta ST?

• COBB Tuning

Votes: 138 23.8%
  • Mountune

Votes: 85 14.7%
  • Tune+

Votes: 58 10.0%
  • Stratified Automotive Controls

Votes: 132 22.8%
  • DeadHook Motorsports

Votes: 23 4.0%
  • Livernois Motorsports

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Oz Tuning

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • "Self-Tuned" w/ COBB ATR

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • PD Tuning

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Dizzy Tuning

Votes: 115 19.9%

• Total voters

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Same process right? Go into accessory and upload new map?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Ya, same process. It's been awhile since I reflashed but I definitely remember it only taking like 90sec. And I reflashed a few times since the initial install.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Same process right? Go into accessory and upload new map?
Yes, you can load a huge number of tunes to the AP from your PC using the Manager software so right in your car you can flash over to a different one... The very first one from a different tuner off an AP takes the full 5 minutes or so, but to switch from Cobb to another Cobb or Stratified to another Stratified only takes like 1 minute, so that's why you should try going from 91 to 93, very easy! :)

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
It's so fast that now I leave the AC on because I ain't gonna sit in my hot ass car without AC lol. The reflash is so fast that the AC is still blowing cool-ish by the time it's done.

I will do it menyanna, and post the results in cold morning ambient temps and afternoon where we might see a PNW high of 65-70° ;)

Jumped in this morning, dropped the stage 2 93 Octane OTS map, and you were right, 30-45 seconds and done. Had a rough time starting and jumped right to a -.75 OAR. During the drive/commute it seems that it was getting a bit better... Seeing a -.76OAR but boost was limiting to sub 17PSI. Going to see how it does after a cooldown and restart this afternoon or I will look into an ethanol + 92 mix.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Jumped in this morning, dropped the stage 2 93 Octane OTS map, and you were right, 30-45 seconds and done. Had a rough time starting and jumped right to a -.75 OAR. During the drive/commute it seems that it was getting a bit better... Seeing a -.76OAR but boost was limiting to sub 17PSI. Going to see how it does after a cooldown and restart this afternoon or I will look into an ethanol + 92 mix.
Yes, the first start after a flash is longer and you have to reset your stereo equalizer and clock a couple of hours, but you don't lose preset stations... Anyway, the OAR only goes up under full WOT as the ECU adds timing based upon finding no knock under high load, but your boost is definitely low, you may wish to stick with Stage 1 93 octane and see how that works... And I'm sure that if your 92 octane is already e10 and not e0, then it is already 93 octane for sure. Again I've had zero issues maintaining a full -1.00 OAR, it just may take about 5 full pulls to get there. Also, I'd monitor oil temp instead of coolant temp, and stick to high boost/WOT only once oil hits 160 degrees, it's not an oil flow thing but literally an indicator the engine itself is fully hot and all seals and rings have expanded to prevent blow by under high boost.

Yes, the first start after a flash is longer and you have to reset your stereo equalizer and clock a couple of hours, but you don't lose preset stations... Anyway, the OAR only goes up under full WOT as the ECU adds timing based upon finding no knock under high load, but your boost is definitely low, you may wish to stick with Stage 1 93 octane and see how that works... And I'm sure that if your 92 octane is already e10 and not e0, then it is already 93 octane for sure. Again I've had zero issues maintaining a full -1.00 OAR, it just may take about 5 full pulls to get there. Also, I'd monitor oil temp instead of coolant temp, and stick to high boost/WOT only once oil hits 160 degrees, it's not an oil flow thing but literally an indicator the engine itself is fully hot and all seals and rings have expanded to prevent blow by under high boost.
Will do, I will see how it adjusts with full pulls and see if any knock is sensed by the ECU and adjust from there.

Update:

As danBfree mentioned I did two hard pulls after work and some spirited back roads driving. Just pulling into traffic I saw a jump from -.76 to -.86 OAR. After first hard pull jumped to -.98 and then settled at a dead perfect -1.00. I also noticed my temps remained low both on oil and charge as I am still running OEM I/C. And for reference ambient air temp is 60°F. So I only went 12° over at my highest.

See the results in the photo as I pulled in at su casá:

Thanks again for everyone's support and help. It gets a little nerve wrecking working on your baby when you are so new to the platform. Good gouge boys!

For Everyone's Information: this was still stage 2 93 Octane OTS map from Cobb on WAs ethanol blended 92 octane pump gas.

....she is such a little beast now. Settle down TiFF, bad girl!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
For Everyone's Information: this was still stage 2 93 Octane OTS map from Cobb on WAs ethanol blended 92 octane pump gas.

....she is such a little beast now. Settle down TiFF, bad girl!
Good to hear that's working out! And your boost is close to the 21 or so it should be stock, just wait until you get your 26 psi Stratified tune! :)

Anyone here JSTuned? Only heard great things about them through the focus st forums and through Instagram. They will be my tuner of choice once I get all my cosmetics done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Anyone here JSTuned? Only heard great things about them through the focus st forums and through Instagram. They will be my tuner of choice once I get all my cosmetics done.
I just noticed that they aren't on the poll at all... they are one of the best and most popular tuners now, some of these stickied posts should be updated!

Stratified just came through with my E30 tune in 24 hours flat from the time I submitted my tuning form.

So frickin excited!
Amazing service from the peeps at Stratified!

THANK YOU!!! [twothumb]