Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed G25-550 turbo kit (reverse rotation) intro/review

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey folks!

My bud right down the road Daniel aka [MENTION=4142]SwAp GaS[/MENTION] just installed the prototype Pumaspeed G25-550 reverse rotation turbo kit and I had the opportunity to hang out and do some filming today. Note this thread will be updated in weeks to come with more videos, the turbo was installed yesterday so tuning will take a week or two. Once tuning is finished I'll update with another impression from the cockpit. Eventually the car should get dyno'd to show what kind of power it's making.

I am sure everyone wants to know expected power so let's be conservative and say with a 93 octane tune and/or WMI and/or ethanol and/or aux fuel we're looking at 310-390. Remember a standard X47 made over 350 whp on aux fuel + ethanol so this is possible, the airflow of this turbo is significantly more than the hybrids...

Shout out to Tim aka [MENTION=602]pwnall1337[/MENTION] who posted a bit on YouTube on this setup and will very possibly be selling them in the states once they're released!!!

Daniel will chime in and respond to questions/comments, I'm just the cameraman so keep that in mind when you respond.

And BTW as I mentioned in the video, Daniel does installs and he does them right, if you're in the Southeast and want your car taken care of, contact him. He led the install for my springs and turbo/downpipe and also helped with my braces as well. Never had a single problem.

Here's a video discussion along with some pics of the setup:

[video=youtube;qBXGDDIMKeY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBXGDDIMKeY[/video]

Comparison with X47++:

Copy/paste from my YouTube video description if you're interested:

Part one of two.

Special video for you today folks, this is my friend Daniel's 2015 Fiesta ST. It looks similar to mine which is usually featured on my channel, but not quite. My car is a beast but Daniel has spared no expense and this Fiesta ST is quite impressive. This is his 6th different turbo on this car which was just installed the day before this video was shot. Tuning happens in the next week and we'll post a part two complete with drivercam and performance impressions/discussion. Part one here is just a discussion on setup, install, expectations.

This is the prototype for this setup so it will be a few weeks or maybe longer before information is available and this product is for sale. We were just excited and wanted to document the car now that it's installed and in the tuning process.

If you have specific questions about this setup or are interested in an install please find my associated thread on fiestastforum.com, there will be discussion there but not here for the most part. Just search there for "Pumaspeed" and you'll find plenty of additional pictures/discussion.

Anticipated whp is 310-390 depending on 93 octane plus WMI/e-fuel/aux fuel tunes...all coming in the next few months...should be a killer.....

Please read below before asking me what wheels/exhaust/etc. are on this car, I will not respond to those questions...

PARTS LIST:
Puma Speed G25-550 reverse rotation turbo, Puma Speed Quick spool header Big bore, CPE Charge pipes, AEM Meth Injection VP M1 70/30 mixture, DHM Front mount Race intercooler with crash Bar, ATP Down pipe, Custom 3" Exhaust with 2 Vibrant resonators by me, Cpe rear MM, Turbo Tech Drivers side and Passengers side Motor Mounts, BC Racing coil overs with swift springs 7k Front 6k Rear, Pierce motorsports 2 point front control arm brace, strut tower brace, rear shock tower brace and torsion bar brace. Mountune 4 point lower brace, Willwood Big Brake 6 piston Front Brakes, Eibach Front and rear sway bars, Boomba racing short throw shifter kit, Boomba wing risers, Molten Orange Recaros, LSD, lightweight flywheel, 17x8 Konig Hypergrams on 205/40/17 Falken Azenis.

Tune By Adam Tune+

Thanks for watching!!!

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thanks for the shout out. I've been working with Tony on this kit since April and I'm glad to see it installed and ready for tuning. I'm sure it's going to a very impressive setup and the quality is top notch!

The goal was to update the dominator kit with newer turbo technology. Once my motor is finished this kit will be on my car. On ethanol and running it richer with spool hacks, I'm expecting 25 psi by 4,000 rpm.

felopr

i just want to see a power curve, from a real dyno or even virtual dyno with boost pressure just to see where this bad boy stands.
GIVE IT TO MEEEEEEEEEEE

felopr

I am sure everyone wants to know expected power so let's be conservative and say with a 93 octane tune and/or WMI and/or ethanol and/or aux fuel we're looking at 310-390. Remember a standard X47 made over 350 whp on aux fuel + ethanol so this is possible, the airflow of this turbo is significantly more than the hybrids...
I expect something close to the 2860r gen 2 , 300-310 on 93 with 24psi on 3.5k rpm top psi

Nice vid Jeff, I cant wait to see results! Question regarding the expected power....Daniel mentions he's expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of 390 with aux fuel, is that to keep the block safe? I understand the kit to be capable of far more.

Nice vid Jeff, I cant wait to see results! Question regarding the expected power....Daniel mentions he's expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of 390 with aux fuel, is that to keep the block safe? I understand the kit to be capable of far more.
Actually I'm going to push the stock limits of the stock block before a major rebuild of the engine so I'm shooting for 390-420 whp on the stock block
I don't drag race or launch my car hard so with the right fueling this shouldn't be a problem achieving the number im looking for.

i just want to see a power curve, from a real dyno or even virtual dyno with boost pressure just to see where this bad boy stands.
GIVE IT TO MEEEEEEEEEEE
As of right now base tune its seeing 17.85 psi at 3600 and this is with a large .72 A/R exhausting so it definitely going to
be interesting to see what it can do once the tuning is complete

Actually I'm going to push the stock limits of the stock block before a major rebuild of the engine so I'm shooting for 390-420 whp on the stock block
I don't drag race or launch my car hard so with the right fueling this shouldn't be a problem achieving the number im looking for.
I see. I just want to understand how to interpret your results....you are pushing the limits of your block, NOT the limit of this kit correct?

How much will this kit cost? I want to plan for a turbo and I think this will be more reliable than a hybrid setup for me.
Also, where is Daniel located? I'm in Georgia, so I'm hoping it's close to Atlanta.
Thanks!

I see. I just want to understand how to interpret your results....you are pushing the limits of your block, NOT the limit of this kit correct?
This kit will make over 500whp I will never hit that even with a built motor. This is just a newer technology turbo that is way more efficient and spools faster and can make more
power on less boost pressure. just with a base tune my tuner told me im out of fuel already with 24 psi. on 93 oct. So I will have to tune on meth. and 93 oct to get any further.
I will need aux. fuel system now so that's what im looking for at the moment to achieve my goal.

If anyone knows of someone selling a AUX fuel system single or 4 port please let me know.

No luck with the aux. Fuel system it was sold already so if anyone hears about one for sale please let me know.