Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone else excited for the Veloster N / i30 N?

You said that you sold your FiST in order to purchase an N series Hyundai. Correct? I assumed you had knowledge of the cost of the new Veloster N. Maybe you have not driven one considering that your basis for the hype was from reviewers. Have you driven the new Veloster N? Did you get a quote on what the cost would be? Did you consider the multiple packages? Seems to me that your main point in responding to this thread was to bash the FiST. Give answers to what the poster has asked. If you don't have anything that would enlighten anybody, then, well, I am getting tired of this shut with you. I am very impressed with Hyundai N and want to learn more about it. Please post your impressions if you purchase the Veloster......
Dude what haha. Not sure if we're reading the same thing?

I stated that I'm getting rid of my Fiesta with future anticipation of buying another "fun" car, namely the Veloster N if it lives up to the hype. My main point of responding to a thread named "Anyone else excited for the Veloster N / i30 N?" was to share my excitement for the Veloster N/I30 N... That seems reasonable. I know you're new here but seriously, calm down. No one is bashing the Fiesta. It's a great car.

Thank you to the poster. The i30N is a game changer in the hot hatch market. The Veloster N is the up and coming affordable street racer. Hyundai is offering the best affordable options for small fast daily drivers. It doesn't matter that your broke ass Fist is rusting out in the northern parts of the hemisphere. Hyundai is offering alternatives that Ford has abandoned. Lets all take a close look at performance options and discuss what is affordable. Its all about how fast we can go, how inexpensive it can be without having bloody knuckles and spending the weekends under the hood.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
7+ years on a car loan is irresponsible. Auto loan financing is going to be the next financial bubble to burst.
Yeah, I get ya - I financed mine on purpose just to build credit history though, put 70% down and financed the remainder for 6 years 0% interest. Figured why not, I was surprised to see on a credit karma report that "not enough credit accounts" was a negative. No ETF and no interest, once I get tired of making payments I'll just pay it off lol.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I'm excited about the *idea* of the veloster N, and hope it creates interest in the market segment. I appreciate that they focused on making it fun, time will tell if they pull it off or not. I do not like the look or... "girth" of the veloster, at least from photos. I'd still like to kick the tires and take one out for a test drive. I think they have a DCT option, and I'm rapidly losing the ability to use my right arm so at some point I'll have to ditch the stick :|

Historically, my experience shopping at Kia and Hyundai dealers has not been great, they got really pushy and when I notified them I had my own financing they became really unhelpful, to the point of having to *beg* to test drive a car. I could not for the life of me line up a drive in a genesis coupe a few years back, and a newer optima turbo was "too rare" for test drives, and the base model "drives the same, but faster".

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
3. None of the packages are out for the Veloster N. Again, I'm not sure where the disconnect is here.
So then, how are you so absolutely SURE that it will have all of the requisite items on your "must have check list" once it IS released??
Did Hyundai give you some sort of written N model guarantee of them ALL being included/available on the final product? [dunno]

So then, how are you so absolutely SURE that it will have all of the requisite items on your "must have check list" once it IS released??
Did Hyundai give you some sort of written N model guarantee of them ALL being included/available on the final product? [dunno]
I just do not get where the disconnect is here. Here's a quote from me:

if it lives up to the hype.
In fact, depending on the pricing I may go completely a different direction or just hold off all together.
Never once did any one claim that I'm gonna buy this thing no matter what.

However, literally everything stated can be found on their website here: https://www.hyundaiusa.com/veloster-n

In addition, the i30 N is already out in Europe and has literally all those things, so the future is bright.

jeff

2000 Post Club
We love his GIFTS. He is the man. I have never met him in person but he seems like a cool guy to me.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I met him in person last week. Nice guy, great family, cool car. Straight up kind of guy you'd have a beer with.

what the hell is going on in here
This.

Thank you to the poster. The i30N is a game changer in the hot hatch market. The Veloster N is the up and coming affordable street racer. Hyundai is offering the best affordable options for small fast daily drivers. It doesn't matter that your broke ass Fist is rusting out in the northern parts of the hemisphere. Hyundai is offering alternatives that Ford has abandoned. Lets all take a close look at performance options and discuss what is affordable. Its all about how fast we can go, how inexpensive it can be without having bloody knuckles and spending the weekends under the hood.
You're right on Hyundai reaching out where Ford is closing the tap. The V N does look like a decent car and if it's under 30k and really is a good one then it will leave a mark.

The bloody knuckles and weekends under the hood are enjoyable, and a much better habit than cocaine and hookers that's for sure. Meh, I've put about $4,000 of power mods into my car which makes it faster than the Veloster N is predicted to be and about $7,000 cheaper even with the price of mods included. So if we're talking about going fast on a budget the Fiesta ST is a better option here.

Wrenching and modding is fun for most of us I would say. That's a big part of what steered me toward purchasing my car.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
In all honesty the Hyundai seems like fun. Would I ever buy one no. I watched a video about the Hyundai Veloster Turbo and the price just no way. This thing is going to be close to $30,000 if not more. There are too many vehicles in that price range for me. WRX, GTI, Si. I like all 3. I would also love a 392rt Dodge Challenger. If I have the funds BMW M2.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Jeff, I love your vids on YouTube, big fan. Ford ST is a caustic person, its clear that you have had some sort of positive transaction, but he serves no purpose in the forums with this thread

I'm really looking forward to the Alfa Romeo Coupe coming in 2019. It should be pretty amazing. In addition to my Fiesta ST I also have an Alfa Romeo Stelvio and it is an awesome vehicle. An SUV that drives like a sports car. I sold my 370Z Nismo to get into it. I do miss a manual transmission but the paddle shifters are great and very easy to shift with. Kind of a lazy person's manual.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
smegma stats> 276 horse power>260 pound feet of tourque. LSD. This is a FiST KILLER out the door. i30N . But your response is that newbies from Florida ruin the forum. sad..
Ah different class, while they could be considered a hot hatch. Fact is it falls into the compact category vs sub compact. A FiST is a sub compact, a FoST is a compact. A Veloster is a compact, Its built on the floorpan of an Elantra. Which is another car considered to be a compact and in some places midsize.
You just cannot compare it to FiST and I can bet just like a FoST it will not handle like a FiST.

Veloster boring - FiST exciting IMO

Oh and ya for the money that the N is going to be? Lol I can buy Something RWD or AWD that will drive much nicer than a Veloster. Lol Friends don’t let friends buy Velosters.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ah different class, while they could be considered a hot hatch. Fact is it falls into the compact category vs sub compacf. A FiST is a sub compact . A FoST is a compact. A Veloster is a compact. Its built on the floorpan of an Elantra a other car considered to be a compact and in some places midsize.
You just cannot compare it to FiST and I can bet just like a FoST it will not handle like a FiST.

Veloster boring - FiST exciting IMO

Oh and ya for the many that the N is going to be? Lol I can buy Something RWD or AWD that will drive much nicer than a Veloster. Lol Friends don’t let friends buy Velosters.
Touché! Bravo....agree 100% ...Hot hatches are a dying breed....at least the fun....cheap ones are.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I would think twice about the matte grey. I know someone who had that finish and absolutely HATED it. Very hard to keep clean. Needs special soap. No standard car washes.
v
Really? Damn I didn't know about that. I'll have to look up on that more.

Touché! Bravo....agree 100% ...Hot hatches are a dying breed....at least the fun....cheap ones are.
Agreed. That's why if this thing plays out well I plan to vote with my money and do my part in saying that there's still interest in fun small hot hatches.