Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The NEW: revo RT330 turbo kit is here!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

After a very successful run with the Turbo Technics S242 revo turbo upgrade, revo has literally taken hybrid turbos to an all new level with their newest offering.

The ultimate Turbo upgrade option for the Fiesta ST, Only Revo completely redesign the entire compressor and turbine housing to give you a driving experience like no other. Exhilarating top end power coupled with the responsive driveability low down means you get best of both worlds.

The limitations of the housings on stock turbos means that they can only be machined to a safe thickness to allow a slightly larger compressor and turbine wheel. The issue with running larger wheels in smaller housings is the increase in temperatures, this is one of the biggest issues with the turbine side of ST hybrid turbos. Increasing both wheels allows for a power increase with higher boost pressures, however, they cannot constantly maintain power due to these increases in temperatures.

The Revo RT330 offers a significant upgrade over the stock KP39 turbo, with completely bespoke castings of both the compressor and turbine housings. Without being limited by the OEM turbo housings, superior flow characteristics are achieved by increasing the wheel size, eliminating heat issues and providing constant high performance. The custom turbine housing has been designed specifically for the Fiesta ST and offers a direct OEM fitment.

Strength is the key, an exclusively designed thrust bearing assembly allows for the higher thrust loading requirements of running increased flowrates and boost pressures without compromising on reliability. The K04 frame upgrade incorporates a larger diameter shaft and bearings, which provides increased strength at high power levels. Integrating the recirculation system with swirl-assisting minimises shaft deceleration on gear changes.

The following testing was carried out on a Ford Fiesta ST running stock engine and fuel system, on Shell Power 99ron Pump fuel. Revo RT330 Turbo Kit, Performance ECU Software installed, fitted with a Revo Air Intake System, Airtec Stage 3 Intercooler and Milltek Turbo back exhaust system with sports Catalytic convertor.

The Revo Turbo offers significant performance gains over any stock turbo setup, with peak gains of up to 158HP and 177NM torque over a stock Fiesta ST, recorded on a Maha Dyno. Compared to the KP38ETR Hybrid setup, the RT330 offers an additional peak gain of 34HP at @ the hubs and 37NM

For more information and to Pre-Order this kit >>> Link to Product: https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/products/copy-of-revo-s242-kp39etr-turbocharger-upgrade-fiesta-st-2014-2018

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is exciting news. I've been waiting for a larger turbo with stock fitment. I don't think it was mentioned, but will the downpipe will be a direct fit? I noticed the intake side won't be...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
This is exciting news. I've been waiting for a larger turbo with stock fitment. I don't think it was mentioned, but will the downpipe will be a direct fit? I noticed the intake side won't be...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
100% downpipe fitment as well as intake side - here is the snippet from our site if you scroll down

INTAKE ELBOW
For cars running the Revo Air Intake System, a single piece silicone intake elbow tapers from the intake pipe to the seamlessly stepped neck onto the turbo. The Revo Intake allows for optimum airflow into the turbo without causing unnecessary turbulence and without the need to reduce the inlet size too early. A stepped reducer and machined coupler is also included in the kit to allow fitment of a standard size air intake system.

redmoe

Ron, will the EM V2 dualport fit on this? Looks like it would be pretty tight?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
Ron, will the EM V2 dualport fit on this? Looks like it would be pretty tight?
I'll confirm this but I think it will be OK
I'm hopeful it will fit vs having to use the old version shorty plumb back Turbosmart

The want is real!

Interested to know what DV or BOV will fit, as currently I'm running the GFB DV+ and I have a feeling it won't work with this kit. I notice that Revo also has their own tune for this, but I would think any tuner could tune this, correct? I would definitely want a pro-tune and not their OTS tune, however good it may be.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
The want is real!

Interested to know what DV or BOV will fit, as currently I'm running the GFB DV+ and I have a feeling it won't work with this kit. I notice that Revo also has their own tune for this, but I would think any tuner could tune this, correct? I would definitely want a pro-tune and not their OTS tune, however good it may be.
COBB protune is going to be make the most power. Remember, the EU spec cars have a mass air sensor and have different tuning than US spec Fiestas. As an example, the original revo S242 turbo that "only made 300hp" in europe made 350 hp by Adam from Tune+ on a car in Arizona running e50 with a single aux fuel controller
The new RT330 is going to be a literal animal! I'm really excited.

I would not be too concerned with fitment of BOV's either. One I'd almost promise would be the GFB w/OEM bypass and the original Turbosmart plumb back shorty
The only confirmation of fitment needed are the new EM Turbosmart BOV's due to the large size of the top and the solenoids that stick out the side of the BOV

COBB protune is going to be make the most power. Remember, the EU spec cars have a mass air sensor and have different tuning than US spec Fiestas. As an example, the original revo S242 turbo that "only made 300hp" in europe made 350 hp by Adam from Tune+ on a car in Arizona running e50 with a single aux fuel controller
The new RT330 is going to be a literal animal! I'm really excited.

I would not be too concerned with fitment of BOV's either. One I'd almost promise would be the GFB w/OEM bypass and the original Turbosmart plumb back shorty
The only confirmation of fitment needed are the new EM Turbosmart BOV's due to the large size of the top and the solenoids that stick out the side of the BOV
Awesome, thanks Ron! If my GFB DV+ will work that only makes this kit more enticing for me. Thanks for the confirmation on the tuning, I was 99% sure of the answer but always good to be 100%!

How does this compare to say the Voodoo VT330? Or a GTX2860r? This sounds like it is probably the best option due to what it comes with and not needing a new BOV like the GTX does, and I assume the RT330 is fine with the stock manifold whereas the GTX really benefits from a tubular one, at least from what I've seen. Seriously considering going "big" turbo this year and trying to narrow down my choices!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
Could you install this turbo into a complete stock Fiesta ST? Just turbo swap
you could but you'd need to purchase a tuning device such as COBB or SCT (COBB is preferred in this case)
to take advantage of the kit you would want some other modifications such as an intake upgrade, downpipe/exhaust and especially an intercooler upgrade.

but again, as confirmed by revo with the S242 upgrade, you can conceivably install their kit on an otherwise stock Fiesta ST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi Ron,

Can you comment to what the RT330 will make on 93 pump? And or dyno of possible.
It will be some time most likely due to the fact that these are completely new to us Stateside and not many people have them installed yet. I will be a little bitbefore there is a definite answer though ....just keep an eye out...the results will start appearing! [party]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #13
Hi Ron,

Can you comment to what the RT330 will make on 93 pump? And or dyno of possible.
It will be some time most likely due to the fact that these are completely new to us Stateside and not many people have them installed yet. I will be a little bitbefore there is a definite answer though ....just keep an eye out...the results will start appearing! [party]
You can see the dyno above from revo using 95RON which is like 91 octane here. Tuning options here in the states such as with COBB pro tuning : Tune+, JST, Dizzy etc. will be quite amazing! I'm very confident this turbo kit is the game changer for the Fiesta. I'm torn if I'll be installing the Peron 25-550 or this revo Rt330 now since the potential for a true stock fitment with this much head room is now available. I may have just answered my own question since I'll be sponsoring enough young guys that want to be the fastest and highest horsepower Fiestas around soon enough that can run the Peron kits with Peron 4-port aux kits....

Any idea what size the pipes are? i.e. how does "increased diameters on the charge and throttle pipes" compare to the 2.75"/2.5" of the cp-e pipes?

Really excited for this kit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #16
Any idea what size the pipes are? i.e. how does "increased diameters on the charge and throttle pipes" compare to the 2.75"/2.5" of the cp-e pipes?

Really excited for this kit.

kits are not in-hand
the hot side is clearly OEM diameter and the cold side is most likely 2.5"

just FYI, the Peron 2860R kits also use the hot side OEM diameter pipes in their kits and make 391whp with ease on the stock engine internals

kits are not in-hand
the hot side is clearly OEM diameter and the cold side is most likely 2.5"

just FYI, the Peron 2860R kits also use the hot side OEM diameter pipes in their kits and make 391whp with ease on the stock engine internals
Good to know! I would be looking to minimize lag as much as possible; so if the OEM diameter is more than good enough, then it's probably best for me to stick with that.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I was really set on the mrx but now this looks very promising. I wanted reliability over all else but since I have a work truck now my car only gets driven on the weekends. I'm definitely in for results and if its sold by Ron any issues will be taken care of.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I was really set on the mrx but now this looks very promising. I wanted reliability over all else but since I have a work truck now my car only gets driven on the weekends. I'm definitely in for results and if its sold by Ron any issues will be taken care of.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I'm not too worried about reliability since turbo technics have been in this game a long time.