Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

• 2J-Racing

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • Borla

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Cobb

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 27 6.3%
  • FSWerks

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • MBRP

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Milltek

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • MRT Rally Sport

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Scorpian

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Injen

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 26 6.1%
  • Mountune

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • TSUDO

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters
From my research and what I've seen so far, I'm starting to lean heavily towards the Borla. It seems to have the closest sound to what I'm looking for.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
I have listened to the Borla quite a bit and like the tone. I know that there are some concerns about the diameter of it but owners tend to be pleased and I have not heard about any drone complaints. I think that the Cobb and Borla tend to be less offensive per subjective experience.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bought a Thermal R&D from another member lightly used and am currently getting it ceramic coated in titanium. Cant wait to see it...it will be very very interesting how it helps with corrosion and performance wise with the setup I am currently going to run with and all the special ported..polished and machined parts I have In the old arsenal coming up very soon. pics will follow when the exhaust is picked up. [rockon] and of course.... I left the tips alone! Just for you Ron!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I have listened to the Borla quite a bit and like the tone. I know that there are some concerns about the diameter of it but owners tend to be pleased and I have not heard about any drone complaints. I think that the Cobb and Borla tend to be less offensive per subjective experience.
Sorry to respond so late because I just saw this right now...

But I agree for the most part. I haven't heard the Cobb exhaust yet though. I wanted a nice deep growly, yet somewhat subtle tone that wasn't too loud at highway speeds or in quieter neighborhoods as to cause unwanted attention from the local authorities.

The smaller diameter didn't concern me because I have no intentions of increasing the turbo much at the moment and I know it is more likely to be quieter.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Do you have that one? How is it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I do. I've had it for a decent bit now paired with the Whoosh Motorsports catless 3" downpipe with the Thermal 3" adapter so that my exhaust is a true 3" throughout.

I love it. Even without a cat its still tame and doesn't rasp and ZERO drone. One thing thats great about the Thermal is the zero drone. If you get it you will definitely not regret it. Good burbles, pops, and throaty sound.

Here's my build thread with some pictures of it when I was installing it.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/15149-TDavis-Platinum-Warrior-build

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
After all the time and money I've spent designing and building my own, I'm winding up with basically what the thermal is - a traditional resonator and a helmholtz chamber. Ultimately it will have cost me probably twice what the Thermal costs from Ron. I'm not regretting it, I have fun with it and it's easily my cheapest hobby project in a long time, but if I were going to go out and buy an exhaust "off the shelf" I'd simply buy the thermal. The fact that I did all the testing and math and wound up with a helmholtz chamber roughly the same as thermal's means they did substantial R&D and specifically targeted the same "drone range" that I did. I don't consider my spending a waste of money, I've spent more money on less fun, but again, for a "buy it and leave it alone" solution I think the Thermal is the best I've seen.

Yes, I'm gushing about the Thermal and I don't even have one.

cxwrench

Hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question...being a CA resident I just want to make sure that putting on an aftermarket exhaust won't cause any issues when I eventually need to get my car smogged. It's not part of the 'smog' system, so should not be a problem, right?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question...being a CA resident I just want to make sure that putting on an aftermarket exhaust won't cause any issues when I eventually need to get my car smogged. It's not part of the 'smog' system, so should not be a problem, right?
As long as the cat is still there I wouldn't see why it would be a problem or you can just move to the land of 10,000 lakes and not worry about any of that doo doo!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
As long as the cat is still there I wouldn't see why it would be a problem or you can just move to the land of 10,000 lakes and not worry about any of that doo doo!

The stock cat not only has to be present but unmodified- you can get dinged for things like even widening the port on the cat.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The stock cat not only has to be present but unmodified- you can get dinged for things like even widening the port on the cat.
Well Clit....I'll tell you what man....I'll roll in to Cali within the next year....All modded up and tell the EPA to eat a bowl of huge Phallus's...alrighty? Then take a dump on the sidewalk and report it on snapcrap!

Ps. The Turkey head is me! Hehe

Last edited:
Dont touch your cat and you should be fine. The only other thing that I know of that can cause trouble is noise. GReddys exhaust was made with that in mind so its not obnoxious. I dont think its an issue everywhere, but smog wise youll be fine. Exhaust wont hurt you.

Ford Community Posts