Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for Suspension Advice

CSM

1000 Post Club
Regarding Bilstein, check into ordering from UK. I purchased a set of B14 coilovers from Demon Tweeks recently and they were delivered within 5 days for a comparable price as domestic distributors. Just be warned that you will have to ship shocks back to UK in event of warranty situation

OP
S
Thread Starter #22
Yea so it looks like I can't get the Bilsteins anyway. So, for now I'm going to order:

Swift Springs
Pierce Race Suspension Package which includes:
6 Point Lower Front Brace, Strut Tower Brace and Rear Torsion Bar

I figured the rear torsion bar would be somewhat similar to a rear sway bar and the race package is kind of like getting the strut tower brace for free since you get a discount for buying it all.

Before I pull the trigger does anyone think this is a mistake vs just Springs/6 Point/Sway Bar?

Thanks again!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yea so it looks like I can't get the Bilsteins anyway. So, for now I'm going to order:

Swift Springs
Pierce Race Suspension Package which includes:
6 Point Lower Front Brace, Strut Tower Brace and Rear Torsion Bar

I figured the rear torsion bar would be somewhat similar to a rear sway bar and the race package is kind of like getting the strut tower brace for free since you get a discount for buying it all.

Before I pull the trigger does anyone think this is a mistake vs just Springs/6 Point/Sway Bar?

Thanks again!
Strut Tower brace in sordove a Meh Mod.....not really felt. The 6 point 4 point or 2 point Braces and rear Trunk brace are the most Felt in the Dynamic handling of the vehicle. Do you have A RMM? If not get that also and change of Trans. fluid in Ravenol 75w80 MTF-2 OR MTF-3. Both meet ford spec and can also be felt after install and the quality of shifts are increased. Do you plan on Using the Springs with the stock struts and shocks? if so that's perfectly fine...it will do for now. id also get some rear Spring isolators from Whoosh. [party]

OP
S
Thread Starter #24
Strut Tower brace in sordove a Meh Mod.....not really felt. The 6 point 4 point or 2 point Braces and rear Trunk brace are the most Felt in the Dynamic handling of the vehicle. Do you have A RMM? If not get that also and change of Trans. fluid in Ravenol 75w80 MTF-2 OR MTF-3. Both meet ford spec and can also be felt after install and the quality of shifts are increased. Do you plan on Using the Springs with the stock struts and shocks? if so that's perfectly fine...it will do for now. id also get some rear Spring isolators from Whoosh. [party]
Yes I have the RMM already. So the tower brace is only like $40 due to the package discount. Is it even worth that? I'll look into the transmission fluid for sure and the rear spring pads. Thanks for the tips.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes I have the RMM already. So the tower brace is only like $40 due to the package discount. Is it even worth that? I'll look into the transmission fluid for sure and the rear spring pads. Thanks for the tips.
I bought that package and sold the tower brace on this forum b/c I didn't think that it did anything except get in the way. The front 6-point and rear torsion bar stiffener, however, are awesome.

OP
S
Thread Starter #26
Hey guys one last question. I was thinking of taking someone's advice and ordering the Bilstein B8s from Demon Tweeks. I can't seem to get a response from them, but it says in stock on their website. Can anyone confirm that these are the correct model numbers?

BLS22-245229
BLS22-245212
BLS24-239349

Thanks a lot!

CSM

1000 Post Club
Hey guys one last question. I was thinking of taking someone's advice and ordering the Bilstein B8s from Demon Tweeks. I can't seem to get a response from them, but it says in stock on their website. Can anyone confirm that these are the correct model numbers?

BLS22-245229
BLS22-245212
BLS24-239349

Thanks a lot!
Yep that is correct part numbers.

If the website says in stock and ready to ship then you are good to go