Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 in stock size!

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Question to all:
Do you think $142.50 a piece is worth it for these? There's almost no reviews of them for our car.

I wonder how they would compare to the OE bridgestones, or even the indy 500s... Hmmmmmmm

They are Y speed rated

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Michelin Pilot Sports are always a good option
Yeah, definitely! They are not the 4S version, which is better. I'm curious how they compare to the stockers. My gut feeling is that they are just like the Firestone. Overall I trust Michelins over any other manufacturer

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Question to all:
Do you think $142.50 a piece is worth it for these? There's almost no reviews of them for our car.

I wonder how they would compare to the OE bridgestones, or even the indy 500s... Hmmmmmmm

They are Y speed rated
Where?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I switched over to Pilot Super Sports and they are the best tire I have ever driven on. I have not autocrossed or tracked them, but for daily summer use, I love them. What really impresses me is the wet and damp traction. I was not expecting that from a performance summer tire. The dry grip is what I expected, which is outstanding. They are also very quiet. My dad uses Pilot Super Sports on pretty much all of his cars, so I figure his 7 sets of Pilot Super Sports was enough to get me to consider them. I see why he loves them.

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Where?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
On ebay. Use code PSAVETODAY by 7 pacific time for 15% off all of ebay. 3910pptire (performance plus tire) is the seller I bought from.

668-100=568
568/4=142

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I just put my order in, WOOHOOO

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I switched over to Pilot Super Sports and they are the best tire I have ever driven on. I have not autocrossed or tracked them, but for daily summer use, I love them. What really impresses me is the wet and damp traction. I was not expecting that from a performance summer tire. The dry grip is what I expected, which is outstanding. They are also very quiet. My dad uses Pilot Super Sports on pretty much all of his cars, so I figure his 7 sets of Pilot Super Sports was enough to get me to consider them. I see why he loves them.
Super sports are probably akin to the PS4S. The PS4 compares better to the PS3. This according to what I have been reading online.

It's the only summer tire that's y rated (outside of the more track type tires). And it has a 320 treadwear, which is interesting.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Will they definitely rub on a lowered FiST (less than 1.0" all around) in the requisite, (only size even close to what we can use) 205/45-17 size?? [dunno]

(Or do they even rub in certain large steering angle/compression scenarios even at the factory ride height of your car?)

Yeah, definitely! They are not the 4S version, which is better. I'm curious how they compare to the stockers. My gut feeling is that they are just like the Firestone. Overall I trust Michelins over any other manufacturer
The Pilot 4 and 4S are very close. I've had the predecessor Pilot Super Sport (aka PSS) on previous cars and they are magnificent performance tire. Unique is that you get all that performance without an overly stiff sidewall -- which might be beneficial here in the Fiesta ST. However, if you prefer a stiffer sidewall, the OEM Bridgestone RE50A is pretty good.

Here's a good comparo between the PS4 vs PS4S. In a Focus no less ;)

http://youtu.be/aMv64liOqIE

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
The Pilot 4 and 4S are very close. I've had the predecessor Pilot Super Sport (aka PSS) on previous cars and they are magnificent performance tire. Unique is that you get all that performance without an overly stiff sidewall -- which might be beneficial here in the Fiesta ST. However, if you prefer a stiffer sidewall, the OEM Bridgestone RE50A is pretty good.

Here's a good comparo between the PS4 vs PS4S. In a Focus no less ;)

http://youtu.be/aMv64liOqIE
Yup, I saw that vid last might.
I do prefer a stiffer sidewall, but at the same time this car is pretty harsh as it is, so it should be ok. I can inflate them a little more if needed to get that stiffer feeling

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Pilot sport 4's are pretty good, the 4s has a much stiffer sidewall....
I wondered how these compared to the firehawks/s.drives/khumo ecsta in sidewall, grip etc.
I tried cross-shopping them, but not much is written about the PS4 in the U.S.
I will be the guinea pig, no worries. [emoji241]

My experience with anything Michelin has always been stellar, so I'm not concerned.

While I did love the potenzas, they didn't seem to hold up long and to the abuses of being parked outside in the cold. I bought my FiST with 2,500mi and 2 of the oem tires had cracks in them. A month later, I got a sidewall bubble and I didn't hit any pothiles, just regular highway driving. I mostly blame the PO for the former, as I would not leave a summer tire on the car in the winter, but still am surprised.

I actually thought about replacing the 2 bad ones, but they are CRAZY expensive now, and rather not buy them used.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
On ebay. Use code PSAVETODAY by 7 pacific time for 15% off all of ebay.
When they say 7pm, they mean it. I tried to buy a Hotchkis bar right at 7pm (didn't realize it required a phone app to use and had to load it up) and it expired =(