Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Worldwide Performance (WWP) Stainless Steel SS409 3.00" Cat Back Exhaust System With Tips Review

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #21
I work on the freeway and find bolt on exhaust tips all the time. Get em welded bro! Btw it looks great.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Ha ha, the things you gotta do to make a cheap ass eBay exhaust not fall apart. I will now be welding them on for safety's sake. Thanks for the input.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
looks good.

speaking of cheap exhaust - anyone ever launch the baffle out of an inexpensive motorcycle exhaust? lol

had to buy the car behind me a new windshield :facepalm: my exhaust baffle missiled out of my exhaust and bullseyed the car behind me.

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #24
I got the exhaust installed this morning. I rented a bay with a lift at a local DIY garage. I was able to get the stock exhaust out in one piece, just like the Mishimoto video. I was able to get the tips straight and not touching the bumper, I did tack the tips on while I had a clamp on them to pull them together a little more, to add to the clearance. I was also able to get it arranged to just barely not touch the cross brace. However, the S-pipe seems to hang down pretty low, and I was tired of messing with it so I just clamped it all down and called it good. I will probably have to take a look at everything and make some adjustments once it's settled.

I really like the sound. But it does drone in the 3,000-3,500 rpm range, it seems to depend on the gear, but luckily most of my driving will not be in this range for long.

I'm going for a long drive with the family tomorrow, so that should break it in a little. I'll get some videos up once I get a chance.

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #25
Here is a cold start video with some revving starting around the 1:15 mark. This was shot with my cell phone so the mic isn't great.

[video=youtube;9745M1vQkbI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9745M1vQkbI&t=5s[/video]

Last edited:

jeff

2000 Post Club
I appreciate you being the guinea pig and taking one for the team here. Great info and review. Sound isn’t bad at all imho. I do worry about that drone, in the past I found myself with droning exhausts unintentionally staying out of “drone zone” because it bothered me which made it no fun. Hopefully that’s not the case here. Enjoy!!!

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #27
I appreciate you being the guinea pig and taking one for the team here. Great info and review. Sound isn’t bad at all imho. I do worry about that drone, in the past I found myself with droning exhausts unintentionally staying out of “drone zone” because it bothered me which made it no fun. Hopefully that’s not the case here. Enjoy!!!
Unfortunately there is drone and I would say anything more than a second or two of hearing it is enough for me. So I definitely try to either shift early or full throttle through it. I definitely would not be able to stand hearing it for an extended drive at 80+ mph, but luckily I don't typically make trips like that in this car.

It does seem better with the windows cracked but maybe thats because of wind noise. I also have the trunk area under the rear floor board stuffed with some old down pillows and an old mummy bag. But get the feeling it's not helping.

The drone in 1st and 2nd gear isn't really there, but it starts more in third gear. Also the rpm range seems to shift depending on which gear you are in.

I tried my best to make sure the exhaust was hanging properly with clearance to the body and heat shield but the 3" diameter makes the clearances pretty tight over that bolted crossmember, so it could have settled in on top of that. I will have it up on stands again this weekend and will take a look.

The tips also were pretty hard to cram in without touching the bumper. I'm glad they are double wall to help keep the heat down. But I will probably try to readjust or put some high heat paint protection in between so I don't wear into the paint.

I really do like the additional exhaust noise and I don't think I would be happy with it any quieter. If I had to do anything, I would have some sort of drone cancelling pipe installed.

Last edited:

jeff

2000 Post Club
Yeah that’s what I’m saying, having to adjust your driving style to stay out of that RPM range so you don’t hear the drone might get old, I have taken that route before and removed inexpensive exhausts because I found I was not enjoying the car. However I think it does sound pretty awesome from your video clip! Good luck with it.

Unfortunately therr is drone and I would say anything more than a second or two of hearing it is enough for me. So I definitely try to either shift early or full throttle through it. I definitely would not be able to stand hearing it for an extended drive at 80+ mph, but luckily I don't typically make trips like that in this car.

It does seem way better with the windows cracked. I also have the trunk area under the rear floor board stuffed with some old down pillows and an old mummy bag. But get the feeling it's not helping.

The drone in 1st and 2nd gear isn't really there, but it starts more in third gear. Also the rpm range seems to shift depending on which gear you are in.

I tried my best to make sure the exhaust was hanging properly with clearance to the body and heat shield but the 3" diameter makes the clearances pretty tight over that bolted crossmember, so it could have settled in on top of that. I will have it up on stands again this weekend and will take a look.

The tips also were pretty hard to cram in without touching the bumper. I'm glad they are double wall to help keep the heat down. But I will probably try to readjust or put some high heat paint protection in between so I don't wear into the paint.

I really do like the additional exhaust noise and I don't think I would be happy with it any quieter. If I had to do anything, I would have some sort of drone cancelling pipe installed.