Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cpe parts fitment issues.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
So i have cpe's intake, hot side pipe, cold side pipe with hks bov, and catback exhaust. And it seems im constantly having to re adjust parts and chase down and fix a bunch of fitment issues.

No brackets on the charge pipes and only having an upgraded rmm makes the piping shift and strike stuff and cause rattles.
The catback section where it goes above the axle has a joint that keeps coming loose. Put a bigger clamp on that joint today to fix this and now it seems like the whole catback does nothing but make contact all down the underside depending on vehicle speed or engine load.

Only thing that fit halfway decent was their intake. Idk maybe im too picky but i dont like my car sounding and feeling like the 18 year old focus i got rid of when its only 3 years old. [dunno] kinda feel like throwing in the towel and starting over with the whole setup.

VirtualRonin

Active Military
I would suggest upgrading your exhaust hangers and engine/tranny mounts to poly. I have the CPE hot and cold charge pipes with a Mishi rad and it makes it an even tighter fit on the cold side. If you can suppress some of the engine and exhaust movement it should also help with the parts making contact. I have poly filled engine and tranny mounts along with poly hangers on my 3" exhaust and I rarely get any contact issues or noises. It did require a lot of adjustment to get it where it is now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I have 2 poly hangers on the exhaust and a mountune rmm. Imo i really shouldnt need full blown race car mounts ( been down that road with my old car, want to keep things a bit more civil on this one.) They all have 80k on them but they arent acting like they are worn out.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Would a worn out passenger mount cause all of this? I still have to check it obviously, but these parts werent doing this till recently. Some have been on for a year now.

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Would a worn out passenger mount cause all of this? I still have to check it obviously, but these parts werent doing this till recently. Some have been on for a year now.
I wouldn't rule out the possibility, def worth checking both the engine mount and transmission mount for excess movement.

Interesting...that's probably why ford engineers decided to use rubber hoses down there instead of hard pipes.

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Interesting...that's probably why ford engineers decided to use rubber hoses down there instead of hard pipes.
Perhaps one of the reasons....but I'm willing to bet cost is the most important factor. The OEM charge pipe system uses plastic tubing along with the rubber hoses.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Its more the point that the oem pipes have mounting ears to bolt to places on the engine to keep them in line with it while it rocks arohnd in the bay. Something tells me if cpe went the extra mile and engineered some proper durable brackets it literally would never be an issue. So i guess it may be up to me to adress that.

I just spent the whole afternoon putting in a cpe hotside pipe, refitting my cpe intercooler, cpe intake, mountune SS, TTR mounts.... on my first test drive my hotside pipe popped right off. Now I will find a hour one of these afternoon to pop it back on and see how it goes. I dont like the idea of the hot pipe not attaching to the engine, and the final fitment is "up for interpretation." I'm going to have to put it back on, seriously tighten the clamps and see how it goes. If it pops off again I'm going to have to revert back to stock pipe. After some adjustments I feel okay with the intercooler fitment but it's a bit off and the brackets seems to be bending a bit.. The intake was a bit finicky.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
This weekend i pulled off my cold side pipe. Its got several wear marks from hitting the transmission in various places. Including the flange for the bov ( which has some really bad wear). Again no mount for the cold side on the cpe.