Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ebay Aluminum Radiator

are you sure you're not reading it wrong? It shows me 284 US, 379 CAD
Whoops! Good catch, in that case, I could see someone getting this over the other offers considering it's half the price, the only thing at this point I'd worry about is making sure you can bleed all the air out, I know I had a lot come out the bleeder, but that's not to say it couldn't be bled without it

OP
lowda9
Thread Starter #23
I find it hard to justify spending over 500 usd for the mountune or mishi. It's even worse for us Canadians because of the conversion rate. I'd buy this but I'm worried about if I can use the stock fans with it.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I find it hard to justify spending over 500 usd for the mountune or mishi. It's even worse for us Canadians because of the conversion rate. I'd buy this but I'm worried about if I can use the stock fans with it.
Since I'm a Cascadia/PNW guy(and junior hockey fan) down in Portland, I know it doesn't get real hot up there in BC anyway, MAYBE low 80's if you go east inland towards Kamloops or Kelowna in the summer? Or do you do some racing? Otherwise a lot of us should start with the new 180F thermostat from Ford probably...

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Remember Ebay has a return policy also....if your not satisfied send it back.
I got tired of sending up to 90% of what I bought, back... after having to constantly b*tch at the sellers to cough up the dough for the return shipping. It was great ten to fifteen years ago. But eventually they figured it was cheaper to use their customers as unpaid product testers vs pay an employee to weed out the defective widgets in that lot of 20,000 they had shipped in from China. I also found out how sellers were able to maintain that 99 and 100% positive feedback despite constantly shipping out shat.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Fellas, there are tools for sale on Amazon, not too expensive, that will let you vacuum the system prior to refilling.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...s&field-keywords=vacuum+cooling+system+filler
They work by connecting to your air compressor.
https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-CMB15-Oil-Free-Shrouded-Compressor/dp/B006CVXGR0
I've had one of the same design, but with Sears/Craftsman name on it, for about a decade with regular use. I have a six gallon hand-carry tank to connect inline when needed. Had to rebuild it early on due to valve (which is simply a flexible metal flap) failure. Added new piston ring seal. Had to grab catalog parts from a similar machine since they were discontinued. Everything else including drive belt is still original. Drain is easily clogged with rust so I started keeping a little motor oil in the tank.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I got tired of sending up to 90% of what I bought, back... after having to constantly b*tch at the sellers to cough up the dough for the return shipping. It was great ten to fifteen years ago. But eventually they figured it was cheaper to use their customers as unpaid product testers vs pay an employee to weed out the defective widgets in that lot of 20,000 they had shipped in from China. I also found out how sellers were able to maintain that 99 and 100% positive feedback despite constantly shipping out shat.
That's a fair enough point, but when you can get the name brand stuff you want that never goes on sale typically on those 15% off days, or for other items you've researched already, then eBay can be great... Random gadgets or off brand stuff you don't know about? Yeah, you're taking that risk but at least you do have some protection if you are willing to go through the hassle to return or sometimes they just refund you without having to return... For example, I ordered some fog light bulbs that are dual mode, yellow/white when you switch the fogs on/off, well they ended up each side going out of sync with each other constantly, I got a full refund and didn't have to send back at all either...

Intuit

3000 Post Club
That's a fair enough point, but when you can get the name brand stuff you want that never goes on sale typically on those 15% off days, or for other items you've researched already, then eBay can be great... Random gadgets or off brand stuff you don't know about? Yeah, you're taking that risk but at least you do have some protection if you are willing to go through the hassle to return or sometimes they just refund you without having to return... For example, I ordered some fog light bulbs that are dual mode, yellow/white when you switch the fogs on/off, well they ended up each side going out of sync with each other constantly, I got a full refund and didn't have to send back at all either...
Some years ago when visiting a home on a service call, the conversation had turned connecting a home entertainment center. He paid $150 for a set of 6' HDMI Monster CableĀ® at Best Buy. (store clerk victim) I did explain that digital was different from analog; he was going to get the exact same picture and sound on the very cheapest vs the most expensive set of cables. But he insisted anyway. After further conversation, I did at least convince him to take them back in exchange for purchasing a set of Monster CableĀ® off of eBay for a fraction of the price. Ordered through my account, they arrived at my address. Revisited his home for the hookup. He was ecstatic. Out of the package I noticed that the gold plating had tiny rust spots. Yup, eBay strikes again. Didn't inspect he contacts/pins. But so far as I know he's still using them. I never told'em about the defective plating. (assuming they weren't outright counterfeit)

OP
lowda9
Thread Starter #29
Fyi I just tried the bf2018 code on mountune's site for the radiator and you can get it for 440 right now. $110 off. Pretty good deal but still a little high. I'm probably going to wait a couple years and hopefully there'll be some good cheap options out by then.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Some years ago when visiting a home on a service call, the conversation had turned connecting a home entertainment center. He paid $150 for a set of 6' HDMI Monster CableĀ® at Best Buy. (store clerk victim) I did explain that digital was different from analog; he was going to get the exact same picture and sound on the very cheapest vs the most expensive set of cables. But he insisted anyway. After further conversation, I did at least convince him to take them back in exchange for purchasing a set of Monster CableĀ® off of eBay for a fraction of the price. Ordered through my account, they arrived at my address. Revisited his home for the hookup. He was ecstatic. Out of the package I noticed that the gold plating had tiny rust spots. Yup, eBay strikes again. Didn't inspect he contacts/pins. But so far as I know he's still using them. I never told'em about the defective plating. (assuming they weren't outright counterfeit)
We're getting a little off topic here so I'll share an anecdote but then something more on topic... So HDMI cables did finally matter when 4k and especially 4k@60Hz came out... Only THEN did it become a crap-shoot on what was going to work at 25ft length with a full actual 18gbps signal and a cheap no name one off Amazon is what actually worked! But as far as car stuff, I did get a smoking deal on the TurboSmart VR2 EM plumb back shortie, you know that one that is fully plug and play stock replacement with full recirc, right? Can't find it cheaper than $207 anywhere but I ended up getting it off eBay from a wrong order of the vacuum one at 15% off, had to pay return shipping and upgrade fee of only $13 to exchange... Got great customer service from the vendor and I got my DV for a good $30 less than anywhere else.. Also for the led fog bulbs I got, the guy just refunded me without having to return at all... So, personally I've had good luck on eBay, but to each their own.

dmb

just keep a eye out and if your not in a hurry you can get a pretty fair deal. today i received a BNIB mishimoto radiator for $350 shipped. mishimoto box in a box sealed with everything including fan shroud. it wasn't $285 but i'll take it. I like the stock look so I think i'll paint it black so the Ca, smog guys might not notice come smog time.

dmb

ya i know that but if the tech has a reason to start looking for stuff. some people get off on the power thing you know what i mean. i'll do the same thing with the FMIC. or just bring Dave along with me.

OP
lowda9
Thread Starter #37
just keep a eye out and if your not in a hurry you can get a pretty fair deal. today i received a BNIB mishimoto radiator for $350 shipped. mishimoto box in a box sealed with everything including fan shroud. it wasn't $285 but i'll take it. I like the stock look so I think i'll paint it black so the Ca, smog guys might not notice come smog time.
Where did you buy this?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Guy posted it here for $425 shipped with the Whoosh ARP passenger side engine mount bolt and red mountune radiator hoses . Sold the Radiator hoses for $50 and the bolt for $10 giving me a brand new unused Mountune radiator in th box for $365 shipped. Lol
Good eye! Lucky! [rockon]

dmb

Guy posted it here for $425 shipped with the Whoosh ARP passenger side engine mount bolt and red mountune radiator hoses . Sold the Radiator hoses for $50 and the bolt for $10 giving me a brand new unused Mountune radiator in th box for $365 shipped. Lol
I was wondering way you kept asking me questions about that radiator that i bid on. and then the snide remarks in the PM asking to buy the used one that you bought earlier. I don't care about the deal you made, good for you. but the other stuff... that's for another time. Dennis