Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Apple Carplay completely disappeared?

TDavis

1000 Post Club
2017 FiST. So I got into my car to go to work. Car has been sitting for a couple days. Apple Carplay was working 100% prior. Get in, notice when I plug my phone in Apple Carplay doesn't pop up. It's charging the phone, but Apple Carplay doesn't launch.

Ok whatever, no big deal. So I go into the touch screen to manually open it and I find that its completely missing. It used to be next to Android Auto. Now its literally gone. Haven't had any real problems with the car or even the Ford Sync system, its just been with these damned Apple Carplay and Android Auto apps. Sometimes turning my car off and back on fixed some of the problems with Apple Carplay, so I went into the gas station to get a soda and come back out to no avail.

Mine did this too, in the middle of a six hour drive. I stopped for fuel, and when I restarted to leave, gone.

It did come back, though I didn’t notice as I had switched to Bluetooth, but when I arrived and disconnected the phone, there it was.. odd, annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Mine did this too, in the middle of a six hour drive. I stopped for fuel, and when I restarted to leave, gone.

It did come back, though I didn’t notice as I had switched to Bluetooth, but when I arrived and disconnected the phone, there it was.. odd, annoying.

Yeah, I came to work. It sat for a few hours and went back out to it to leave and its back now. Shit is really buggy it seems. Don't know if its Apple Carplay/Android auto for just the Ford systems or just the FiST but its annoying at times. Do not have much experience with the infotainment in other Fords in terms of Apple Carplay/Android Auto.

Its rare when its buggy, but it does happen.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I have had issues with Android auto I was driving and it completely shut down, and I actually had to change to the USB port that's closest to the driver side. The one on the passenger side in the center storage just quit working out of nowhere. It works now though I don't know if there was something wrong with the USB port or what.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I came to work. It sat for a few hours and went back out to it to leave and its back now. Shit is really buggy it seems. Don't know if its Apple Carplay/Android auto for just the Ford systems or just the FiST but its annoying at times. Do not have much experience with the infotainment in other Fords in terms of Apple Carplay/Android Auto.

Its rare when its buggy, but it does happen.
It was the first time for mine in 16 months of ownership, I wonder if it’s a software issue. I haven’t updated yet(that I know of, it’s set to auto update). If it was hardware, I’d bet that the whole system might’ve had issues.

Something to keep an eye on, if it does it again there’s still warranty left for mine.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I have had issues with Android auto I was driving and it completely shut down, and I actually had to change to the USB port that's closest to the driver side. The one on the passenger side in the center storage just quit working out of nowhere. It works now though I don't know if there was something wrong with the USB port or what.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I noticed when I would pick up my phone to look at it while it was on Apple Carplay and plugged in that would exit the Carplay app. Attributed that to maybe being a bad USB outlet so I switched to the other outlet but it was the same way. Turns out my cable was just shit because if you wiggled the cable it would keep exiting and opening Apple Carplay.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I've had it happen a few times; power cycling the phone usually resolves it, though sometimes restarting the car is needed. It stopped happening after I did the software updates.