Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bilstein B8 & Swift spec-r springs

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Who has done it? Thoughts with the Spec-r springs....etc...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Did you intentionally post in the aggressive fitment section? I’ve run SpecR springs with Bilstein B6 dampers in an Evo and a BRZ and have been very happy with them. I’ve got a set of used SpecR springs ready for the FiST if Bilstein ever decides to manufacture them again.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
Did you intentionally post in the aggressive fitment section? I’ve run SpecR springs with Bilstein B6 dampers in an Evo and a BRZ and have been very happy with them. I’ve got a set of used SpecR springs ready for the FiST if Bilstein ever decides to manufacture them again.
Well it isn't going to be Stock OEM any more now is it? So id call it more Aggressive wouldn't you? [wrenchin]

Very true! I was just wondering since there seems to be more similar talk in the suspension forum. I was just lost and wandered in here.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
Very true! I was just wondering since there seems to be more similar talk in the suspension forum. I was just lost and wandered in here.
No offense taken.....I did more reading and its seems to be a good pairing and there only like 5 bucks more for the front in B8s Vs B6s on Ronnie's Whoosh website! [hihi] Then I'm gonna go to Tascas ford website and order new Hardware and assemble them all before install....make it alittle easier on myself ahead of time! [strongman] I do realize that I will have to find the rears though online from most likely overseas....But oh well....what can you do?

I hope you can get them without an issue. I have some hope in that a friend has been waiting for Bilsteins for his FR-S for over a year and they’re finally available again.

My car is apart getting new Bilsteins(B6 though) and other items. May be a while before I have it done, but looking forward to see the changes.

Last edited:
I used to run B6s and Swifts, loved them. The high rear spring rate didn't pair well with my Pierce rear torsion/sway bar thingy. It felt great until the tail stepped out aggressively- usually during slaloms. Popped of the rear brace, and it felt much more secure at the limit.

Same here. I did a lot of AX last year with the FiST with SpecR and most of the Pierce bracing. Too much oversteer (not noticeable on the street). Took off that rear thingy and mucho better.

Same here. I did a lot of AX last year with the FiST with SpecR and most of the Pierce bracing. Too much oversteer (not noticeable on the street). Took off that rear thingy and mucho better.
My elevator speech on why everyone needs to autocross at least once with each of their cars is that it allows one to understand how a particular car will behave at 10/10ths.
And also to learn to live through the shame of being whooped by some nerd in a Miata.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
My elevator speech on why everyone needs to autocross at least once with each of their cars is that it allows one to understand how a particular car will behave at 10/10ths.
And also to learn to live through the shame of being whooped by some nerd in a Miata.
That oversteer was the deciding factor on buying this car for me. Scared the shit out of a Ford salesman sliding it across 4 lanes and immediately told him I’ll take it while laughing hysterically.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't see how there is any 'shame' in that, as the Miata is a car that was designed from the ground up to be an autocross, and twisty, short straightaway, 'momentum' open track STAR. [wink]

Almost every autocross course I've ever seen, or driven on, was purposely designed to help/enable those cars (and S2000s) win BIG.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #17
let's bring this thread back from the dead! so was the swift spec r springs with bilstein b8s a success @TyphoonFiST
Nah..I used NOS OEM 14-15' Shocks and struts With Swift type R Springs and it worked out great! As the spring were built around the STOCK valving of struts and shocks

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Nah..I used NOS OEM 14-15' Shocks and struts With Swift type R Springs and it worked out great! As the spring were built around the STOCK valving of struts and shocks
Oem end links? What would you say the swift springs changed? Maybe evened up the over dampening factory feel?

I keep changing my mind on what to use (BC racing, Meister R, B6/Swift, B8 Swift....)