Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Euro (German) headlight installation issue

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
So I got my euro spec head lights from Ron [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION] today.

Driver side went fairly smoothly. Replaced the bulbs and used H7 Sylvania Silverstar ZXEs for low beams and H1 Silverstars for the high beams. Relocated the pins as shown in the video. Drivers side LEDs work... passenger side doesn't. Checked my work THREE TIMES with the same result. Uber frustrated. My stock headlights worked just fine.

Anyone have an issue where the LEDs didn't work or only one side worked?

EDIT: and before anyone asks, yes I have everything plugged in lol.

Attachments

Do any of the lights work on the passengers side or just not the LED?

I did mine not to long ago and everything went pretty smoothly.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Do any of the lights work on the passengers side or just not the LED?

I did mine not to long ago and everything went pretty smoothly.
Everything worked EXCEPT the LEDs. lol

I did end up figuring it out I think and it is working now.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
For my future reference or for others, what was the issue?
I may have wallowed out the female connector during disassembly... ever so slightly. The fix was to remove the pin (again) and crimp the edges a bit AND then using a flat head screw driver, slightly move the male connectors so they make a better connection with the female pins. It's working so far. I did fit the passenger side light to the driver side connector to remove the possibility that the passenger side LEDs were bad thanks to [MENTION=2176]blurred[/MENTION] suggestion. I was so frustrated and couldn't think straight after redoing everything THREE times... lol

I may have wallowed out the female connector during disassembly... ever so slightly. The fix was to remove the pin (again) and crimp the edges a bit AND then using a flat head screw driver, slightly move the male connectors so they make a better connection with the female pins. It's working so far. I did fit the passenger side light to the driver side connector to remove the possibility that the passenger side LEDs were bad thanks to [MENTION=2176]blurred[/MENTION] suggestion. I was so frustrated and couldn't think straight after redoing everything THREE times... lol
Lol sounds like a pain. I still really want those lights though.

Feel free to post some more final pics. We all love pics ;)

Lol sounds like a pain. I still really want those lights though.

Feel free to post some more final pics. We all love pics ;)
The install is really easy. I have never repinned a connector before installing these (and I've done a ton of far more in depth things on multiple cars... try changing the 1.5oz of oil inside a Mini Cooper S supercharger...) and with the DIY on here, I didn't have much of an issue.

To Pelotonracer2's situation, I can see it being very easy to bend the small parts that clip the pins in or them not seating, or something like that. After reading his build and seeing pics, he also did it in the dark which may make it even more difficult to really see if it's fully seated, but I would do the same thing if mine had been delivered in the evening!