Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best RMM for a DD?

Looking to clean up the jerkiness of the shifts without adding a lot of NVH, what is the best RMM for this? from my reading looks like AWR 70, vs Cobb vs powerflex inserts. Everyone elses thoughts?

me32

1000 Post Club
This has been discussed pretty well and the 2 that seem to be the most favorite are cobb rmm and mountune rmm

I heard mountunes is a little harsher than cobbs, either way a little trick i found with them , since you can mainly realize these at idle with AC on, is to bring your (with AC) idle 50-100rpms higher. My Si did a good job at compensating for AC but at least on my fiesta it solved 90% of my vibration. 10% would be when i stick it into 2nd while im rolling at low speed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Zissou

Looking to clean up the jerkiness of the shifts without adding a lot of NVH, what is the best RMM for this? from my reading looks like AWR 70, vs Cobb vs powerflex inserts. Everyone elses thoughts?
So I was in your shoes and bought the wrong one at first. You don't want a Boomba if that comes up; lots of NVH.
I am very happy with my Cobb. The only time I notice any additional vibrations over stock is when the AC is on and the car is idling.
I hear Mountune's is similar, possibly even softer than the Cobb.

Here's my take on owning the two:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/7995-Cobb-and-Boomba-RMM-Review

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I heard mountunes is a little harsher than cobbs, either way a little trick i found with them , since you can mainly realize these at idle with AC on, is to bring your (with AC) idle 50-100rpms higher. My Si did a good job at compensating for AC but at least on my fiesta it solved 90% of my vibration. 10% would be when i stick it into 2nd while im rolling at low speed.

agreed
Mountune's RMM is stiffer than COBB's

aside from the Torque Solution, COBB is the most daily friendly of the bunch from what I've used personally (I've had all the Domestic RMM's minus Boomba)

Raising your idle surely will solve some of the AC on rumble for sure!

Like they said, the Boomba adds considerable NVH. I prefer that though myself, my other car is full poly, so that seems like a nice level to me. Love my Boomba. It all comes down to personal preference.

OP
V
Thread Starter #11

I don't have the throttle control to go up 50-100 rpms lol. Or do you mean with a tune?

I don't have the throttle control to go up 50-100 rpms lol. Or do you mean with a tune?
Yes , it would have to be with a tune sorry. RMM was my first mod too but i tend to assume everyone has a tuner since it's fairly essential, but not everyone has a unsatisfiable hunger for power. ( imma bet alotta people here do ^.^
Another thing to add, if you do wanna purchase accessport, MAP gives free custom tunes with it , im only using their OTS stage1 for now but it's much smoother than cobbs .

OP
V
Thread Starter #13
Yes , it would have to be with a tune sorry. RMM was my first mod too but i tend to assume everyone has a tuner since it's fairly essential, but not everyone has a unsatisfiable hunger for power. ( imma bet alotta people here do ^.^
Another thing to add, if you do wanna purchase accessport, MAP gives free custom tunes with it , im only using their OTS stage1 for now but it's much smoother than cobbs .

I thought tuning voids the warranty?

I thought tuning voids the warranty?
Thats a fairly broad statement , it all depends , if you wanna keep your warranty Mountune MT215 should be under warranty as long as you get it installed by a professional or a ford dealer? Im not sure on this but i heard of it. When it comes to everything else, its a bit finnicky , i have some dealership experience so any flashes will show as an event and is traceable. Unless you get one of those shitty sensor faulting "tuners" please dont [emoji28] . Anyways even so they still have to prove any failure is caused by you or your tuner. It being a tuner you can pretty much call it out on anything , engine , trans (auto) or electrical problems. If you are worried , unsure , and not killing it financially i suggest to wait it out. Potentially if you work with someone good , ( im gonna list a couple i know dont hate me people ) Map, Stratified, Mountune, Cobb , Puma etc. You shouldn't have issues , UNLESS the car was defective in some way. Sorry for the long read but should cover most info.

OP
V
Thread Starter #15
Thats a fairly broad statement , it all depends , if you wanna keep your warranty Mountune MT215 should be under warranty as long as you get it installed by a professional or a ford dealer? Im not sure on this but i heard of it. When it comes to everything else, its a bit finnicky , i have some dealership experience so any flashes will show as an event and is traceable. Unless you get one of those shitty sensor faulting "tuners" please dont [emoji28] . Anyways even so they still have to prove any failure is caused by you or your tuner. It being a tuner you can pretty much call it out on anything , engine , trans (auto) or electrical problems. If you are worried , unsure , and not killing it financially i suggest to wait it out. Potentially if you work with someone good , ( im gonna list a couple i know dont hate me people ) Map, Stratified, Mountune, Cobb , Puma etc. You shouldn't have issues , UNLESS the car was defective in some way. Sorry for the long read but should cover most info.

Yeah I'm not gonna tune till I'm out of warranty, with a rmm I can swap it back to stock before taking it to dealer so not to worried about that

Yeah I'm not gonna tune till I'm out of warranty, with a rmm I can swap it back to stock before taking it to dealer so not to worried about that
You're only missing out on the sheer torque they have locked up on this car ( still plenty torquey with stock tune) , but it becomes a tire spin monster lol. Tbh on sharp or low speed turns if you step in halfways it just spins tires and understeers horribly ( explains why they limited torque on some gears stock), this car is super dependant on rotating itself especially with no lsd :( This seemed really absurd to me first because my Si reacted completely different ( again prob due to lsd ) where it would claw itself out of low speed sharp turns with throttle applied. Fiesta is like the complete backwards of a rwd car because you apply brake " or let off the gas on high speed turns " to rotate, and you apply throttle to plant the rear end , its a bit vague but fun . Also it lets you be very stupid without consequences because as soon as you start understeering and go Oh Shit ! Im facing the wall, or the curb , you just tap the brakes and your back in your lane ^.^ Got a bit off topic but oh well =p

I put a Cobb mount on a couple weeks ago and haven't noticed any extra vibrations aside from when I start the car up. At idle with the defrost on (AC running) it doesn't vibrate and I have the stock tune. There are times I wish it was a little stiffer but overall I'm very pleased.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I put a Cobb mount on a couple weeks ago and haven't noticed any extra vibrations aside from when I start the car up. At idle with the defrost on (AC running) it doesn't vibrate and I have the stock tune. There are times I wish it was a little stiffer but overall I'm very pleased.
^^^^ This. I think the Cobb is the best *every day use* RMM. I've had one on my car for a couple years and it's been dead, solid, perfect.

I'm the same, noticeable when starting it up. All other times it's nothing unbearable. No tune on my car, just stock.

Any one know if there are tq setting for the bolts?