Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How are y'all mounting your access ports !??

Excellent view at eye level so I never really have to take my eyes off the road while driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought this Mount. The AccessPort is magnetized, so it's perfect. I don't have a picture unfortunately. I pinched the cable just past the vent for the driver window. There's a bunch of cable on the dash, but I don't mind. I have mounted it on the window just above the driver side round vent.

The downside of this mount: it's not very long (I expected it a bit longer) and is not very customizable. The holding plates rotates and tilts easily, but the base itself doesn't rotate. The suction on it is fucking incredible though! I placed it once, and never touched it again. I installed it this last September and we got some small heat wave plus it gets very hot in the car under the sun and it never dropped and same so far this winter, we got some -30 and it's still holding like a champ.

The mount doubles for my phone too as my case is also magnetized. I'm thinking of buying another one for my girlfriend's car, but I'll have to pass that by her if she wants that in hers.

It's also super cheap compared to pretty much everything else out there.

Here is on amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Timocy-Magne...ie=UTF8&qid=1515772679&sr=8-1&keywords=timocy

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I mounted mine using high strength velcro. It's a clean set-up. I know most people actually use a mount....
Re that mounting location to the right of the steering wheel, there's a round hole hole with a grill over it. I believe this is for ambient temperature sensing for the automatic temperature control. Mounting devices over or near that could impact performance of that system.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
[URL="
20180513_001150

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I608BJ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Still on textured part of the dash. The Scosche mount has a bigger adhesive surface than the Cobb mount that is included in the kit. It is magnetic, so no cradle if needed. The bottom is near where the cable comes out from kick panel. Car is on the charger while some of the electronics are being configured.
Might try this. Thats where mine is mounted with the cobb sticky mount but on hot days the adhesive eventually falls off and I'll get into my car with the AP hanging from the cord lol

There is also 3m 9593 industrial double sided tape. It's rated to hold 81oz per inch on plastic. It can withstand 350 degrees F for a short time and 200 degrees F constant. UV and chemical resistant. It takes 2 to 3 days to cure. There use to be someone on Amazon that sold precut squares for around 10 bucks. I used some in an electronics project a few years ago in tube amps. Also whether you could remove the residual tape off the dash is another question, but that is my plan B.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I've gone through a couple mounts. Initially a mount that stuck really well to the front window, but it was a little deep, and got in the way of the sunshade all the time. I then got a long bendable arm that I mounted on the small side window and the AP was right above the round vent. I loved the position, but the mount fell a lot and I was afraid it would go flying out my open window. I currently have it on a vent mount that is magnetic on the center console vent. It isn't my first preference for location but it is reasonably visible and seems to be stuck in place quite well.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk